Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectRE: Since when do I have a party?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=675&mesg_id=712
712, RE: Since when do I have a party?
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>You actually think I like the ####faces in Column A or the
>####faces in Column B?

The political spectrum is wider in Finland than it is in United States. We currently have eight parties(National Coalition party(conservative, 42 seats), Centre party(rural/coutryside, 54 seats), Social Democratic party(slightly on left, 53 seats), Left Alliance(left, 19 seats), Green League(enviromental, 14 seats) Swedish People's Party(9 seats), Christian Democratic Party(Christian values(whatever they mean) 6 seats) and Basic Finns(Corner patriotic(against EU), 3 seats)) in the parliament, so there is more to choose from than in USA. The little extremist parties like Liberals(to whom National Coalition wasn't right wing enough), Communists(to whom Left Alliance wasn't left enough) and Neo-Nazis(corner patriotic racists) don't tend to make it to the government. Also, there have been cases where a single independent candidate makes it to the parliament. One such example is Pertti "Veltto" Virtanen, who calls him self humane shaman, who went to the parliament because he got many votes that would have otherwise been given to Donald Duck.

The academic Green candidate I voted for last time was elected to the parliament. Like most people who vote Greens, I'm a shifting voter who switches party loyalties like jacket if their line doesn't

>The whole slew of them are useless lying ####bags who I
>wouldn't hire to watch my dog let alone run my country.

That's more true in America where campaigns contain too much throwing dirt on the other candidate. We Finns value honesty and expect the politicians to try to keep their promises. That puts some pressure on the politicians on what they will promise to people.

>The system sucks because a bus full of mentally handicapped
>people have more input into our government than a tax paying
>citizen like myself does and as such its much like playing
>craps against loaded dice.

Democracy is dictatorship on majority. Would you prefer aristocratic system where only select few have power?

>Guess what, if you're like most
>CF'ers, probably top 10% SAT Scoring (I know you're not an
>American, but bear with me here)

I'm not familiar with SAT, but if it's comparable to IQ tests, then yes(my IQ test scores varying between 135 and 145 depending on the test and it's nature).

>you aren't their target audience. They don't care
>about your opinion or your vote, because there's another 13
>million dumbasses that will vote for them because "they are
>for education" (while simultaneously, doing absolutely nothing
>consequential about it).

Vote the ones that actually consider you as their target audience. If no-one is good, you might as well not vote or run for the office yourself and vote yourself.