Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectI've been there...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=675&mesg_id=682
682, I've been there...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And here is my advice... Are you insanely happy with each and every way the US government is currently being run? If yes, vote republican straight ticket, and you've done your part. If no, vote independent for every race. Vote green, Vote libertarian. You've cast your vote that you are unhappy, but without having it influence the real stuff (dem vs rep) so you can be happy that your uninformed vote didn't really count.

Then... get ####ing informed. You have the internet, so becoming informed isn't incredibly difficult. Start now. You've got two years to become informed. You've got two years to learn what issues you care about, and what the facts are. You've got two years to find a candidate that supports your viewpoints in that area. If you can't find one, refer to first paragraph. Even if you are insanely lazy and spend 1 hour a month, or 1 day over the next two years, you'll still be more educated than most of those who do vote (I'm making this up, and have no statistical backing - for Valg) so YOU know better than them. That means you are informed.

WEEEE politics suck. I gunning for Emporer of Earth. Just gotta find a way to usurp the current Dreadlord and get my lich quest.