Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectrewriting the same code over and over an over and over
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=309&mesg_id=357
357, rewriting the same code over and over an over and over
Posted by TheDude on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
because the "designers" didn't lay something out in the spec the way they wanted it. Then they make a snap judgement and design an equally poor (or worse!) solution the second time. Then they have to get THAT fixed by friday, so hack up something else. Then...it seriously goes on and on. It's not rocket science, kids.

Two-hour everyday teleconferences in which nothing gets done.

Laying off competent people to hire global resources, so that some manager somewhere can get a bonus to fund his pool.

People who look for walks in sunday league softball. You're here to hit. Pretend it's recess. Don't be a retard. Swing the bat.

People who don't use their blinker, pull right in front of you, then stop prematurely at a yellow light.

Road construction at 5:00PM on the most busiest street around. Cones are up. Signs are up. But nobody's there doing anything.

Those dudes who wear real tight girls jeans. I don't know, I guess all the kids are doing that these days.

People who think second hand smoke will kill them. Ridiculous. Quit being a little bitch. You live in one of the most otherwise polluted cities in the world.

The dude in the other office that has to clip his fingernails at his desk every other day.

Cell phone coverage. Why is the worst reception spot in the nation located in my living room?

That's it. I feel better.