Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectRE: What is everyone's pet peeve?
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=309&mesg_id=313
313, RE: What is everyone's pet peeve?
Posted by Eskelian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll keep it brief, since, frankly I get easily annoyed.

Basically, here's my thoughts on bad driving, in a nutshell.

Any time you do something risky or dangerous in order to possibly shave a minute or two off the trip, is bad driving. I'll add, any time you negligently ignore a facet of driving (like using your blinker to change lanes on a crowded highway, or fiddling with your radio on a winding road), is likewise poor driving. Lets face it, sure you can change lanes 830 times to get 3 car lengths ahead...but do you realize I'm going to wind up behind you at the light anyway? See, pointless idiocy bothers me...add that its being done from behind the wheel of a 2 ton machine? Well, you do the math. I'll add in people who ride three inches off the bumper of the car in front of them, because we all know the world would end in a firey cataclysm if someone merged in front of them. I don't even want to go into the morons in SUV's who do 90 in the snow (do you realize 4 wheel drive doesn't help you stop?). I'm a terrible person, because I secretly hope to see them wrecked up the road.

Additionally, on my list of pet peeves is people make a fuss when they walk by you as you are smoking a cigarette. I might note, if you've never been out here in NYC, on any given day you can walk by a construction site and be bombarded with a cloud of concrete dust...or walk past a falafel or whatever stand and inhale enough smoke to equate to a full pack. ... And yet people will wave their hand and hiss if they walk past you while you are smoking, no matter how courteous you are about it. See, the hard part of it for me to stomach is not only are they pompous assholes, but, they're ignorant pompous assholes.