Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectA while back we had a related discussion on QHCF
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=234&mesg_id=304
304, A while back we had a related discussion on QHCF
Posted by Quixotic on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
which can be found here.

Hapkido, which I studied it about 5 years while I was at Iowa State, is my love. Our club was filled with aikido and judo practitioners, and so we had an interesting clientelle who strove to meet two goals: to move like a whirlwind and make their partner(s) hit the mat hard enough to get heads to turn. We learned no katas and preferred throws, joint techniques and sweeps over kicks and strikes, and practices were organized around scenarios (multiple attackers, wall and ground, weapons defense, 4 directions attacks, and blindfighting). If I get requests, I'll put a clip from a testing up for viewing.

I've formally studied TKD and Judo and played around with a few others, but I've gotten a lot more mileage from my hapkido: learning how to fall properly has saved me from serious injury on our damnable winter sidewalks, and I've been in the unfortunate situation where I have had to break up fights by immobilizing a student. Hapkido has been very practical.