Go back to previous topic
Forum Name "What Does RL Stand For?"
Topic subjectRE: Basically any theory is valid unless proven to be i...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=43&topic_id=1287&mesg_id=1340
1340, RE: Basically any theory is valid unless proven to be i...
Posted by Valguarnera on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can you observe a species as it evolves sight or not? Me thinks I smell bull.

Carl Everett, former outfielder for the Red Sox: "Nobody ever saw a dinosaur. The Bible doesn't say anything about them... You can make bones in the lab nowadays. And every year they come out with a different dinosaur movie, so does that mean that that dinosaur existed? A lot of things are being made that you would never see walk on this Earth."

Do you believe in dinosaurs? I think you're just trying to go for some kind of 'Aha!' moment, but that's kind of a silly statement to make. Historical sciences have standards of evidence also. Briefly, evolution makes predictions about what we should see in existing species as well as extinct ones, and those predictions can be tested.

We don't have knowledge of macroevolution, we've never seen it happen.

That's a false statement, as speciation has been directly observed and recorded a number of times, in quite different organisms. Beyond that, genetic evidence goes a long way, and concurs well with fossil records and other geological evidence.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com