Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Chioth the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99429
99429, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Chioth the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat May 21 00:55:37 2011

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Chioth perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:133
99435, Couple goodbyes
Posted by Chioth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a quiet character for me. I had no ambitions and put no effort in roleplaying or attracting any attention to myself. I wanted to try nexus and in the end I confirmed my suspicion that this is not the cabal for me. I tend to enjoy more dogmatic roles - i.e. hardcore villagers or maran where I can throw myself into one frame of mind and play that to the nth degree. I also for some reason made no attempt to prep even when fighting villagers, which was a poor decision. I also didn't take the time to practice my 2nd spec enough - so basically Chioth was plagued with a long list of failings. Anyway - a couple thanks.

Allysia - while you and Argorok were a tad too cautious for my tastes, when you did something, you did it very well and I would have voted for you to remain Rhyme had I stuck around. You are well played, and thanks for your help.

Allez (something) - Loved your induct of me - but then I never saw you....for about a month. Wish our times meshed better.

Chulun - You seemed like fun.

Brebauche - We should've been deadly, except I sucked and you didn't have wands. Go figure.

Jikahl - Way to not be fun to play with. I repeatedly gave you fights where you had a very strong chance of winning, yet somehow our interactions involved you trying to grind my soul into the ground over how cowardly I was. What did you want me to do - con die myself in one night to you? I did my best to fight you unprepped without the key so you could one round me with a flurry and still you weren't satisfied. Grow up a little plz.

Grezgurd? Liked you - I wish we could have done stuff together but you hated nexus for obvious reasons (no one likes nexus, which is why it's no fun).

All the best,

Dylan (Gryshilniar).
99437, RE: Couple goodbyes
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Chioth was quiet, but not a bad Nexun. I guess quiet was by design, if you had no RP motivations, which is fine. You did the duty, sorry if it did not seem to fit your playstyle. Nexus is not for everyone, and yes, most people don't hate, but also don't like them. Having everyone in CF like you I would argue would be the least fun of all though. And most people I encounter don't hate us at all, villagers aside, though even lots of them are cordial with me at least. Allysia is actually friendly with almost everyone, even people trying to kill her. Being a nexun does not have to define your char, though it should shape it to a degree. That's the RP side of it, and without it I can see being a Nexun as a far less enjoyable cabal.

And yes, she is cautious. I've been around and I'm more of the view it's better to fight smart rather than reckless. If that means waiting until the advantage shifts, or at least the odds are not terrible, that's fine. Getting killed over and over does not help the cabal. Anything else about her IC persona will have to wait until she's gone though.

Nothing bad to say about Chioth, I liked having you around, and you did seem pretty tough at times.

GL with the next.
99438, RE: Couple goodbyes
Posted by Aelozzosot on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I also enjoyed our induct and then limited interactions, but you're right our times pretty much didn't mesh at all so we went a good while between seeing each other from then on.

Sorry Nexus didn't click for you but of course that's how it goes with anything sometimes, and not feeling the RP usually only makes things harder.

Nothing but good memories from the interactions we did have though and hopefully whatever you come back with next has that spark for you.
99439, Aha!
Posted by Aergyntai on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought it was you. Every time I run into your current with a character I see so many positive things it makes me give CF a whirl once every 12 to 14 months.

Cheers
99440, RE: Couple goodbyes
Posted by Chulun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We don't get to meet much but ah like what ah saw from Chiote, always ready to kick arse! though ah wish ah could see more felar actions but I guess it was not to be... ah tell ye what though.. even though sometimes we have ta help those who despised us.. I find it quite funny sitting back and say to myself..I really don't like this certain character, but now not only ah can not kill him, ah gotta help him because of the balance.. and in the meantime while ah try to butter up to him, he's cursing de hell out of me.. it's good times if you don't take it too seriously... anyhow glwyn!