Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Jikahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Bully of Barkeeps
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99389
99389, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Jikahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Bully of Barkeeps
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 19 21:12:26 2011

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Jikahl perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:209
99427, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Jikahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Bully of Barkeeps
Posted by Chulun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well.. pretty much what ah have ta say, the good folks here said it all... Chulun knew Jikahl since little, basically grew up through the ranks alongside with him... and from what I see in the beginning... it was some good stuffs and potential that you have shown... then after a few skirmishes and gear exchanges with each other.. it's all downhill from there... Chulun admits Jikahl is a powerhouse in its own right.. but okay... so you have accomplished your goal, now what?? imo, when one plays a powerhouse.. it's really hard ta accept a beating.. that is where ah think you failed... because you failed to allow yourself room for a beating... anyhow, even though Chulun does not like Jikahl very much.. he does appreciate dat Jikahl was willing to bring war and that, Chulun likes... glwyn...
99431, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Jikahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Bully of Barkeeps
Posted by Kariya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Agreed. He was tough.
And he annoyed the hell out of everyone; he just made the game much less fun.
99417, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Jikahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Bully of Barkeeps
Posted by Kharvud on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought Jikahl was a very strong villager and the incident before I deleted was the only incident I thought anyone could badmouth you over. Maybe I just saw the good but I never saw the monkey business other people said you di. It was obvious who your char was but I thought as a villager you were a strong presence. If you RP'd like you PK you'd be pretty badass.
99415, You was really very strong villager.
Posted by Karr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you would be perfect (or almost perfect) follower of the sphere Strength villager with according RP. I think it's fair to say that at least 50 of your 209 hours you was as strong as the strongest villagers and commanders of the past.

It seems that our views on the sphere Honor are a bit different, but your views helped me to feel my own character better. Thank you for this, peace :)
99407, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Jikahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Bully of Barkeeps
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Several things about this character. I'll put them in somewhat of a timeline to help you understand where I think you can improve.

1: You started off strong, unique and actually intrigued me to watch you and potentially interact/reward you for what I felt was solid roleplay.

2: Little things started popping up. None of which was uninduct worthy, but they clearly outlined who your previous character was. Examples:

- Sleep/stand echoes.
- Openly belittling other Villagers.
- Inconsitencies with your original RP objectives.

3: Other villagers began complaining about your behavior. This is usually a very bad sign. What went from pleasent RP oriented interactions with your enemies became jaded and somewhat OOC.

4: You became reckless with your fighting.

5: You stopped trying to RP.

Jikahl was a dominant presence in the Village. Good fights came to you and you were not hesitant to make conflict. This is very entertaining. To be fair to you, I don't judge off of other characters (each new character is a chance to reinvite ourselves) nor do I judge based on forum feedback. If I do catch you red-handed, you will be reprimanded. Thror likes to reprimand by testing you. Sometimes this can work to your advantage or against you.

I would strongly suggest reflecting back on your role from time to time. Yours happened to be well thought out. You just lost sight of it by becoming the player rather than remaining Jikahl. Great effort. Much better than the previous one but still areas where you can improve.

Good luck on the next.
99409, Good advice...
Posted by Tac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will also say that having your previous character turn on the village after uninduct, gang the #### out of villagers, and then turning around a rolling up a near carbon copy with legacies specifically chosen to help you in the rites is not going to go over well. The ONLY reason I bothered to participate in the rites with Trunlak was to make sure you didn't get a leadership position. I don't know why Thror chose Trunlak for the test of wits, but I was happy I got to express my opinion on Jikahl.

Didn't you wonder why in the free-for-all everyone was gunning for you? It wasn't because you were the toughest character... It was because no one wanted you to win.
99411, Agree with Thror. Very good advice.
Posted by Maugauth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Said it much better than me with better feedback. I was exhausted when I wrote mine last night, and of course didn't have the insight he had him being an imm.
99421, What I saw seemed consistent with this
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And with your other characters.

You start off pretty interesting, but then it seems like your desperation to keep making pk's (to impress us?) kills off your rp and makes you do stuff that lessens, rather than improves, your reputation.

Then you start getting frustrated and go down the route of calling people cowards (even if they have fought you from time to time without ganking, won some of those and lost some of those), which pretty much always leaves a bad taste in other players' mouths.

If you took the high points of Jikahl and ignored the low points you'd have a great character.
99403, Inflated stats
Posted by Valkenar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If anyone gets the pbf for this guy, remember that the PK stats are inflated by cheap/inappropriate kills of one kind or another.
99399, Tough fighter, but not really a good villager imo
Posted by Maugauth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Little to no RP, complained about armor a LOT, like, constantly. Lots of ganging and jumping into other peoples fights...I just was not impressed at all really. Not sure if you really put effort into this one or not, but I have to dump him into that poor villager category. The fact that it was Jerrokrar, I think, was obvious to everyone that interacted with this character. And not in a positive way. If you want my advice, try something non villager, that is not armor dependant, and try a unique role idea. You might actually enjoy it. Your villagers all tend to be the exact same thing/attitude in different bodies. Same rp, same habits. If you insist that villagers are what you want to continue playing, you got to learn to fall in line with village rules. Having paladins summon your foes for you, and then ganging them with them was only a small part of the poor behavior I witnessed. That under no circumstances is ok for ANY villager. I could name a dozen more things but the characters already dead, so it would be wasted energy, and I would rather try and guide you in a good direction than trash you. But you got out of line a lot, and didn't seem to care. Once you start caring, your chars will start to shine more. You have some pk skill, but skipping the RP part of it all and breaking rules every chance you can to pad the pk count won't garner a lot of respect from the playerbase.

Hope you take it into consideration with your next character. You could probably get pretty damn good feedback if you just stepped back and thought before you acted, and learned to control your temper.
99408, Poor Jikahl
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I just lost a bit of respect for Jikahl since when he was rolled the player had rolled a Nexun who he just let auto. And who was essentially the same exact char. Again.

Anything I said about Khrum would apply to Jikahl as well in terms of playstyle. The biggest drawback of your chars is that everyone knows who plays them in five minutes. The armor whining is a dead give away. That and being an arrogant sword spec giant that tends to be overly bossy of others, without any basis for it. Respect is earned from other chars, you don't demand it, even if you are a flurry spec that can kick their ass in a fight.

As to the char, just because I'm the Rhyme does not mean I need to hear about everything any Nexun does you don't like. Especially from a villager. From an IC view, I'm not concerned with your welfare, I would be happy if the village was burned into the ground. I don't care if a Nexun ganged you or took a piece of armor from you to the extent I need to be told everytime it happens. We're not imperials, I don't have some iron fist ruling over them. I'm just a Nexun like them, with the ability to induct, and lead them when it is called for. And you're their enemy. Just cause I don't loot things very often does not mean I will reprimand any nexun who does. I always spoke with them, and in every instance I never heard anything so terrible that I should have even been bothered with it in the first place.

Even if I happen to like the char, you're still my enemy and I will never really care if you are killed. I actively encourage it actually, through any means possible. Ganging. Siding with imperials, scions, or fort, whatever. (which earns us and probably me especially a reputation for certain things- but I am fine with that) Other cabals do not have the same guides as the village for what is expected of them. Players have to accept that when they play a villager, which is why it takes a thick skin to play a good villager. People generally won't fight villagers on terms villagers are expected to fight. But villagers try anyway, and they don't make excuses after the fact. Thror came down and reprimanded you all, and you complain that he loves Chulun. It was just clear you were not getting his point in all that.

Jikahl, like most of your chars, was tough. He was a hard fight every time. But your playstyle detracts so much from what could really be good strong presences in whatever cabal you play. I do hope you take some advice people suggest, it could really push you into that next higher tier of players.
99393, Nice char, liked you! GLWYN! (n/t)
Posted by Asteria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
99391, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Jikahl the Legend of the Battlefield, Bully of Barkeeps
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The Barbarians cheer as the smell of rotten villager clears some from their village.
99397, I never liked you. OOC or IC, sorry
Posted by wikataw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Calling me a twat because I tried to leave the group and get food? Your dumb ass could have followed yourself and killed that person. I told you I was hungry and was going to eat.

You rp consisted of pre-fabed emotes, sit rest stand. Thats it. The honor stuff and whatever else? That rp wasn't much to talk about.
Can you work on that kay thanks?
99398, Meant to go under Jikahl. MORE TEXT
Posted by wikataw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I hate pricks in battle who are, I am POWER FLURRY BUILD>
Circle of Rights, now. Over petty ####.