Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Shaidin the Grand Master of Artistry
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99355
99355, (AUTO) [None] Shaidin the Grand Master of Artistry
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed May 18 09:37:23 2011

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Shaidin perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:110
99356, I liked this villager bard
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess the uninduct comes from inactivity, but you made the village tougher for a while.
99359, RE: I liked this villager bard
Posted by Theerkla on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to say that your consistently positive posts are a refreshing change of pace, from the usual drivel these boards are flooded with.
99361, Well thank you.
At least for me these boards are mainly for giving people any good feedback on their char and the occassional hopefully constructive criticism. It's just a way to say good job and nice playing CF against/with you. If I didn't like a char, I tend just to be quiet, which I think is the best approach. If I liked a char and they contributed to the game, I think they deserve a little recognition for that, and maybe it keeps them going in knowing someone else in CF noticed and appreciated their char.

Shaidin was a stand up char, fought hard against me and most everyone else that I saw, and he really was I think a good character that had a lot of potential. I would not mind trying his build myself sometime.
99385, It was actually from me and Flaaayin...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...because we both saw Shaidin was on the path to auto-deletion.

Which was a shame. I was a big fan of this character during it's ranking period and the time before hero. I thought it was a very interesting take on bards in the village, as Mulshine (Mike Donald) was the only person I had seen do a village bard berserker.

I also really thought it interesting how often you'd use a staff. I understand occasionally dropping your instrument in order to use a shield or held item, but not often you see a bard rocking a two-handed weapon.

Good luck with your next.
99390, Wandering Minstrel
The edge really is that good. And cheap. Because you have to give up so much to use a staff as a bard they made it viable. If you have eagle marked it can be especially nasty I think.
99508, Thanks..
Posted by Thinhallen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was actually thinking of making a comeback with this character and putting in some time after some of the more annoying villagers died similar to what I did with Tobeldest, but I just found with Edges and my lack of playing time that I had lost touch with the game. I was hoping I could remake Baldur, but with charisma being such a huge aspect of a bard's singing abilities, I was pretty screwed in that regard. I will say that I liked the combo still just for the fun factor of it all, but with the playerbase being low and everyone being a solo-killer ie most villagers telling me they were too busy to explore or raid with me, it just wasn't going to be fun unless I learned every area and I just don't have the time for that.

I will say whoever the rager warrior was that didn't learn rescue due to RP reasons, you made me want to delete on the spot; I'm glad I didn't, but I lost a lot of desire to play after that. Also to the younger villagers who wouldn't even come to the village during a raid to scout the enemies, ditto.

Anyways, thanks Allysia, I didn't have many fights and I think my pk ratio was hovering around 0%, but my favorite fight was against you and Zaka at the village. I really felt like that was the type of fight this combo was made for.

-thinnie