Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Gormk the Stalker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99320
99320, (DELETED) [None] Gormk the Stalker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue May 17 01:44:59 2011

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Gormk perished, never to return.
Race:orc
Class:berserker
Level:37
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:26
99327, RE: (DELETED) [None] Gormk the Stalker
Posted by WarMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First Orc ever. RPing was fun, fighting not so much, even against PVE. Loved all the interactions that I got with the players and whomever decided that my role was decent enough for a second round of imm exp.

Neltouda, thanks for the small echo when I first rolled up. I thought that my hair might catch someones attention, just didn't know it would be a Goddess. :P

Just a couple of questions that I had about this class though so when I try another one I have a better idea of what I am working with. Could any one whos played an Orc or even an IMM if they feel up to it answer these please?

Is it just me or since the Orcs are described as cowardly do they seem nerfed when it comes to being in front line of fighting? Just appeared to me that most lower level warriors, even ones not designed around a specific defense skill, could tank better than I could even being sometimes 5 levels higher than those in my group. Almost felt like maybe my skills were actually less than what it said on paper? Not necessarily talking about the fleeing but it just seems odd to me that a class called Berserker would be so bad at fighting. Though, I suppose, and I may answer my own question here, that it was put together that way becuase they are so reckless they just take more damage since they are focused on attack and not defense? Just curious how that was set up.

Soot ritual states that it protects against all types of damage but the only thing that I saw pop up on my active abilities list was protection vs magic and that was it. Are the damage redux things the helpfile talks about hidden?

Enslave seemed like a cool idea but I couldn't get it to work on anything that was close to a perfect match for me. Most of the time it was the " this guy stands no chance in battle" or whatever the thing is. Meaning it would get bitch slapped in combat. Why for?

Any thoughts on these would be appreciated. Any comments on the character as well.

Otherwise, a very interesting class to play, but very tough in PK.

99325, Well, there's goes my meat shield.
Posted by Eljassir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Had fun.
99326, RE: Well, there's goes my meat shield.
Posted by WarMage on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah me too. Thanks for helping out a new Orc player. Was fun, though I need to learn a lot more about that race/class before I could really play it well.

Good luck in there!