Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Thuorn N'Garukh the Shepherd of Unshakable Faith, Elder Prophet of the Light
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99224
99224, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Thuorn N'Garukh the Shepherd of Unshakable Faith, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun May 15 12:23:40 2011

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Thuorn perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:330
99305, Well the others said everything already
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While I struggle to quickly name any particular thing where you really stood out, you instead were great overall. Like a good father that took care of his kids.

I agree with you being described by word "presence"... there should be sphere presence, haha!
99262, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Thuorn N'Garukh the Shepherd of Unshakable Faith, Elder Prophet of the Light
Posted by Aliathius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the interview, I hope I did not disappoint! I always enjoyed our limited exploration trips, talks and sorry we could not finish the task that was started under the sea :(.
99275, Nah, thought you did excellent
Posted by MoetEtChandon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're gonna do great.
99235, Damn!
Posted by Nevaelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It sucks that you delete during the week I didn't have much time to play, and just as things have gotten exciting for Nev. I was hoping to have you do something. Oh well.

You were a great prophet as far as I can tell. You always seemed to say the right sorts of things and do a good job of pep talks. There are so many things I was dieing to ask as a player that Nev wouldn't, but it seems silly to ask now. Anyway, good luck with whatever is next for you.
99265, RE: Damn!
> You were a great prophet as far as I can tell. You always seemed to say the right sorts of things and do a good job of pep talks.

Thanks!

> There are so many things I was dieing to ask as a player that Nev wouldn't, but it seems silly to ask now.

By all means do so, feel free to PM me here or on the other board.
99227, Farewells
First serious attempt at a Paladin and what a ride it has turned out to be. Thuorn was the logical next step after Thraris, for the things I wanted to do. While a lot of fun, Thraris was lacking in ways that Thuorn definitely was not. I mean, he could solo things at level 30, that Thraris struggled with at hero :P. So, Hzerliach, guess I did follow in your footsteps ...

Thuorn was meant to be an exercise in 'presence', not only as Paladin or Acolyte, but a little bit more, like, 1 + 1 = 3. I'll let you be the judge whether I was successful at that. I did originally strive to get Cardinal, as I already had an EP with Nian, but that's a matter of semantics, hehe. Receiving that confidence (for so long) was much appreciated.

I have a vacation coming up, but the sort that will likely leave me with little time to play a leader char, so that was the target re-evaluation deadline from the start. And I already had the feeling I had lost momentum with the char, so getting that extra little nudge, while sad for the guy(s) that did it, just helped me along a little. But whatever.

---

Some general thoughts:

- It was funny to notice that I didn't need to go get Defiance, it came to get me ... :P

- I am not sure what to think of Scion mages easily handling several (Fortress) heros at once and still leaving/finishing without any real risk to them.

- 93 to 100+ SVS and a few levels on the caster and sleep still pretty much worked on the first try. I did wonder why I even bothered with it, sometimes, just didn't seem that effective. Same for knockout poison.

- Trapper/poisoner durations need to be waay shorter. That class/path(s) is well beyond ridiculous.

- I apologize for keeping the shield of light from my fellow Paladins that long :D

Anyway ...

---
So, off to the hard part ... the farewells. I know I am going to forget many of you, holler if you don't find yourself in the list below!!

IMMS

I would think I pretty much know who gave us our title ... Having so few chapters, I didn't leave you with much sources to get inspired from, but that title was spot on to what I wanted Thuorn to be.

Padwei

Thanks for everything.

I probably had fewer role chapters than people would typically expect, but Thuorn was more about a gazillion little things, than one central story. I did try provide one, but sadly that never really got anywhere for no real reason anyone can do anything about. Sorry to leave you so abruptly.

Adekar

I guess you're a bit subtle in the way you handle things, but everything you do is surely appreciated.

Nnaeshuk

Thanks for all the pats on the back. Much appreciated. I think it's great that a heroimm is vocal outside the newbie channel.

Sollin

Whatever part I played in getting you up 'there', that was gladly done. Sadly our times didn't nearly overlap as much as I wanted it to, but when it did, we did some fun stuff. Much luck up there.

Twist

Think I got a pretty good glimpse of what you are about. I should see if I am right with a follower one day. Having no other context, I originally thought you approached me concerning Sollin. I wanted to get you a heart, cause that would be the obvious thing for Thuorn. I did get one with the help of Taffer and Drayden, but it turned out to be only noteworthy, even if it wasn't that easy to get ... To make matters worse, it wasn't even magical! :D.
Maybe it's for the best Radik beat me to it, he's a better candidate for that anyway. Thanks though.

Mortals

FORTRESS

Thwrerrorip

My best friend pretty much right from the start and well beyond. Always a pleasure to have you around.

Biarmica

Same as Thwrerrorip, but sadly you faded away rather early on. I missed having you around. You were a bit wild, very knowledgable and a dear friend.

Drayden,

it sucks to have to state an opinion that will add to getting a dear friend kicked out, but rather than linger on the bad, I fondly remember the Drayden who was always ready to help and go find stuff.

Athioles,
You sure did liven things up. Thuorn didn't agree with all you did, but definitely respected what you stood for as Marshall (and briefly as Captain). It was fun to just sit and talk, despite our differences.

Rhone,
Very strong presence, strangely diplomatic for a Maran :P. Sad to leave you so early.

Drasdan,
Well done on all accounts. I recommended you for Maranation early on. You definitely deserved it.

Nevaelle
You're going to do great, keep it up.

Auskunua
Man was that name confusing ... I don't think anyone else got called a she nearly as much as you have, hehe. Very chaotic, but a lot of fun to have around. It was a pleasure to help you with the orphans.

Aliathius,
Very good Acolyte, very helpful.

Werthius,
I helped you with stuff from early on and really saw you come into your own, very strong Paladin. I was happy to help whenever I could and enjoyed your company. Don't forget to put sanctuary on! ;)

TRIBUNAL

Brom, Radik,
You both were good friends. Thuorn sure liked that goodies were weighing heavily on Tribunal leadership.

Mundin
The plus side of the whole Drayden story, was that I got to interact with you a lot. Thuorn did always try to be diplomatic when it came to politics, so it was welcome to meet a like mind.

EMPIRE

Sivyh,
that one assassinate was just ... ugh. It only happened because younger folk I was going to help rank, were sending me back and forth, exposing me to you longer than I would normally allow. But, if it's gotta happen, I'd rather see it to one like you. Very capable and respectful. That kill on Athioles on eastern was just wow. Much luck with the Emperor thing.

Norington,
you seem like a cool guy, keep it up. I liked the talks we had early on when you came to retrieve and I kept you from it.

Kjaz,
I don't think you made the most of your potential, but you were a very fun, balls-to-the-wall character. It's likely you were the sole reason many of us took that wasting disease edge, after which, ironically, you deleted ...

SCION
I am not sure what to think of the cabal.

BATTLE
I didn't really involve myself with Battle much, but,

Flaaayin,
The build is just way too effective. It just says a lot when you even leave me Defiance. I think you are a very capable, classy player, but that needs to get fixed urgently. I do hope you are not what I fear you are, though.

Ghrim,
Liked what little I saw.

NEXUS
I am not sure what to think of the cabal either, but,

Allysia,
Liked you a lot. We did have a fun 'just doing what I have to' relation.

The others I didn't really meet that often, but never showed me anything bad.

What a ride ... saw a lot, did a lot, learned a lot. What a game ....

See ya with the next!

Thraris, Nian, ...
99228, RE: Farewells
Posted by Taffer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey man, sad to see you go. We had some good runs, and you definitely were a strong presence.

GLWYN
99266, RE: Farewells
Yeah it was fun. I think you stayed somewhat below the radar for a while, but you did your thing at your own pace and did it well. Keep it up.
99230, Nian all grown up!
Posted by Padwei on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Good to see you're still around and kickin' it Fortress style.
You had a great handle on pretty much everything when you were
around and were just overall a steady, unflappable presence for
everyone.

Your song:

You, who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so, become yourself
Because the past is just a goodbye

-Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young, Teach Your Children
99267, Yeah ;)
It was good to feel the old Padwei magic again.

> kickin' it Fortress style.

I'll be back, I still have to try that Elf two-hander Maran Paladin.

But, for now I think I am going to take my own advice (which I gave to Targrala/Alex) and play something out of my comfort zone and try to be as good at it (or better still!).

Thanks for the song! Quite serendipitously (or is it miraculously) I recently heard a very fitting song on the radio, is Heather Nova an Imm here? :P

Why do I
Follow this heart of mine
Risk my life
Follow it every time?

Ride the waves
Into the wild beyond
To bring you hope
That’s what im riding on

It’s what I see inside,
I see in your eyes

I can pull you from the wreckage
I can save your life
I can bring you what you need,
I can make it alright,
But it’s you who lifts me to higher ground
Yeah it’s you who lifts me to higher ground

(Heather Nova, Higher Ground)
99232, Thanks
Posted by Rhone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Presence is a good word to describe Thuorn. You did a very good job of projecting a steady force of the Light. It's too bad that our playing times did not cross more often (you play during my work day hours) because I like a little insight into the Acolyte side of things - it breaks up the cycle of PK/revenge and makes you think about RP. I do not always agree with it, and sometimes I don't have enough time for it, but I thoroughly enjoy it as another avenue into the immersiveness of CF.

It's also too bad you deleted :( What was the nudge/spat-in-the-face you had that pushed you over the edge? We have to look out for our own, Man! :)

And I guess now we'll never know how that orc-dream thing turns out!

Good luck with your next, hopefully I'll see you around in some other forms where we're not trying to beat each other's brains in :)
99269, The dream ...
I was going to let it grow organicaly, but this was the main idea:

"My father was taken by the Kuo Toa King, to get me and other people to come there. Sadly father wouldn't be there anymore. It would be necessary to slay the King to find more information.

The king would have a parchment linking him with some deal with Aran'Gird. There would be a claw/talon in his pocket (which I would initially state to be that of some large sea being).

Then we would have ventured to Aran'Gird, to look there. We'd find my father impaled on a whitesteel spear, with patches of Duergar skin burned unto the handle.

We'd have to slay the king to get more clues, leading to the Dracolich there and possibly tieing things into the Orc story (the one that came to the Fortress)"

The exact meaning and details would then be fleshed out depending on other people's reactions.

Sadly that seemed a little over ambitious considering how early I play compared to you guys. I play around 9-10 in the evening, GMT +1, which is early afternoon for the US. To get the high US peak, I'd have to stay up ridiculously late, which I am not going to do, especially during a work week.

> where we're not trying to beat each other's brains in :)

Well, I'll try bash your brains in, in a civil way.
99236, RE: Farewells
Posted by Drasdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man did I ever love Thuorn. YOu made it so much easier for me to get my black and when I didn't have time, your sancs were a game changer for me. As a Prophet, you were just awesome.

I think the best RP compliment I can give is that I had no idea it was Thraris behind Thuorn. Something I struggle with in my characters.

Well done man.

GLWYN.
99270, Much appreciated nt
99237, RE: Farewells
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome Job!!, as Thwrerrorip I loved Thuorn like a brother.
I never put together Thraris with Thuorn
so good job on that, though I dug Thraris
as Truhukk as well. :) I do wish my play
time didn't get sucked away back when.
I'd have stuck it out alot longer and if
Sollin had given a clearer inkling of his
looking to imm, I'd have jumped at the prophet
possibility... and then started trying to push a
cardinal hat on you just as fast as I could. hehe.

In any case hands down you were better for a leader
than I could have ever been. Thuorn was just a great
all around character, and the sort of thing CF needs
to see more often in it's "goodies". I hope to see
more of your characters in the future. 'Course I don't
know when I'll be playing again but it'll happen
sooner or later. :)

It's kinda making me think of good times and itching to
roll up a character so even mor epoints for you, when you
play the kind of person who inspires someone to comeback/
keep playing/or a new person to want to play then kudos.

-Thwrerrorip/Bajula
99271, You should try a Fortress leader some day
When able. You're going to totally ace it :).

I wasn't surprised about Sollin, but perhaps I did ask him my questions more directly, considering I needed his consent.

Thanks for all the fun.
99238, RE: Farewells
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really thought Thuorn was a very well played Acolyte, Paladin, and leader. You handled things quickly and with a calm, patient (and strong, when needed) hand. Very, very good job all the way around. Best of luck with your vacation and with whatever is next when you return.

Nae-nae!
99276, Thanks (and a note on Pyogyor)
I didn't like doing the Pyogyor thing much, but it had to be done. Sadly I don't think it had much effect.

Pyogyor, if you read this and you really didn't like what was going on OOCly, I am sorry.

It wasn't meant as singling you out, it was to get your focus on the Fortress main goals, again. While involving the others as witnesses to the fact that I would not let that topic be debated.
99239, RE: Farewells
Posted by radik_the_elf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dude, You will be missed. Man, I loved the good convo's we use to have. The next Prophet will have big shoes to fill. Good luck on the next one. Go Tribunal for a change!
99272, RE: Farewells
It's on the to do list, doubt that is going to be a goodie though :P.
99252, Thuorn
Posted by Sollin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Hey brother! It was a blast. And I certainly agree, it was a pity that our times didn't overlap a little better. You'd generally log on when I was part way through some mischief or when I was completely ruined and on my way out. Or I would log on and the situtation was reversed. When we did get finally manage to get it right, we had some good times!

Anyhow, I really appreciated having you around, great work with the leadership and great job with this character in general, I am looking forwards to your next! Goodluck.

Sollin
99273, Thanks man nt
99225, This makes me a sad panda :(
Posted by Werthius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Right from my first recommendation interview, your presence and leadership blew me away. One of the most memorable interviews i have had. You were a great presence and i am going to sincerely missing running amuck with you and causing trouble.

Thanks for everything. Come back soon?
99274, RE: This makes me a sad panda :(
> Thanks for everything. Come back soon?

Likewise, I'll be around ...