Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Mertsella the Commander of Warfare, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99162
99162, (DELETED) [None] Mertsella the Commander of Warfare, Bloodoathed of the Empire
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu May 12 12:29:08 2011

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Frost Giant
on the Theran calendar Mertsella perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:warrior
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:53
99167, Why demoted? n/t
Posted by Asteria on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
99164, What a waste of 50 hours :( nt
Posted by MRSK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
99168, Demotion is hardly the end
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If that's what made you think you'd wasted your time.

I've demoted people before and known even as I did it that if they didn't screw up in the next couple of days I'd bump them back.
99188, True
But I have no desire to play alongside with douches who demote others without any real reason. I'll just wait till those are gone. Also during this 2 or 3 week of Mertsella's life I saw High Priest twice, War Master once. Maybe seen Shadow Lord once, Not sure. Never saw Emperor. So not many people who'd be able to promote me back besides those two douches I've faced.
99174, RE: What a waste of 50 hours :( nt
Posted by Skenhog on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Walking in on your fight, I asked clearly if you were struck first in galadon, you wouldn't answer yes or no, only with a "Sure." So I asked again because I didn't want to break imperial law over a lie, and asked for a yes or no, you only answered "Sure." again.

I told you not to do it again or face demotion. Because if you were telling the truth you should have said it was plainly the case, when you use uncertain terms time is wasted as the Imperial has to gauge whether or not they can trust you while the assailant freely walks away. And if you weren't telling the truth you were setting other Blades up to break imperial law.

If you didn't argue afterwards I wouldn't have demoted you. I didn't really want to to begin with.

I didn't dish out the other demotion but I imagine calling an Elite a retard over cb didn't help your cause much.
99187, Bah
Playing retard in game is absolutely fine. You are fire giant after all. I even enjoyed your retarded talks over CB. But playing retard on forum doesn't make sense. My answer was absolutely obvious. If wish I can post all the talking. Btw I didn't argue you before demotion so STFU with this. Not to mention that you had no reason for distrust to another Blade. Also give me the ####ing reason why 42lvl drow will start the fight against 51 nexus dwarf when darkness is in power? More so imperial blade without even training in the protected city. Dunno maybe you like to play suicidals. Who knows. Also I didn't invite you to that fight. If you fear that you'll break imperial law by that-fine, wait till things calm down and then investigate what happened. But yeah you can act high and have one less strong blade.
99200, You don't get it alexi
Posted by Observer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Next time maybe you just say in proper english 'Yes, I was attacked in town.' Instead of when they ask 'Were you attacked in town by the dwarf?' And you say 'Sure.' SURE DOES NOT MEAN YES. Do you know what a 'sure guise' is? Besides, an elite isn't going to fight your battles or listen to your back talk. Roll again with this lesson hopefully learned.
99201, "sure" means "yes" to me
When I grew up in Canada and someone answered "Sure" to a question it was the same as answering "yes".
99202, This
And well I did answered "He did strike me first" in third try. And it was my last phrase pre-demotion:)
99205, Generally speaking though
Posted by MoetEtChandon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's pretty much a 'yeah whatever', which isn't _really_ an answer, other than one of indifference, or perhaps even disdain.

In the 'Did you or did you not' context provided, which is a rather serious one, I can imagine that 'sure' wasn't the smart option. Which was proven by his demotion ...
99206, RE:
Posted by Old vet on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow man!  You are seriously leaning toward the jaded path.
99208, Huh?
How is saying that when I grew up, "sure" meant the
same as "yes" when given in response to a yes/no
question even remotely related to me being jaded?
99207, Its also one of the oldest Empire tricks in the book...
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To tell a cabal member I got attacked in town by x, then they come in, attack x, and x didnt attack you first, and now said imperial has just broken imperial law, and can be demoted/anathema for it.

Personally weather they call for help over CB or not, if im playing an imperial, and i didnt HEAR or SEE the attack happen, im not walking into the town and attacking anyone, because i've personally pulled that #### and had the people dumb enough to go attack the guy demoted before.