Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [NEXUS] Brebauche the High Wizard of the Arcane
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99140
99140, (DELETED) [NEXUS] Brebauche the High Wizard of the Arcane
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed May 11 18:48:46 2011

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Brebauche perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:149
99148, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Brebauche the High Wizard of the Arcane
Posted by Ujudludul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First try as a Nexan. Another character that won't be remembered as it's all I can play ;) I rolled Brebauche as I was already playing a villager wannabe who eventually got in the village (Tsee, felar assassin) but eventually decided to try and focus on Brebauche.

I've played the game for a couple years now and what keeps me hooked is PK! I'll do the basics RP wise but I can't imagine anyone wanting to actually going deep into RP with me :) Though I'd like to add I'll most of the time go out of my way to not make another players' experience unpleasant. I think my RP is better when other people are actually trying to RP. As soon as I hear "I looted you because... Return my things? Who took my things? I'll remember that, expect to be striped next time..." I basically loose any interest in RP. Jikahl, I'm sorry, but you made my experience unpleasant everytime you died to us. You're the first person I used the ignore command on. Please grow the #### up and stop complaining. You may take this as constructive critisim or not, but all I remember from your character is the crying after every death and loss of gear.

Other than that thanks to Aezzolot (sp?), Allysia, Chulun, Chioth, Argorok, Bindar for some fun times...that's pretty much the Nexans that played when I played. Thanks to the various enemies. I don't think I remember any memorable fight... Thanks to the imms. You guys endure so much trash but the game still exists and evolves!

I'll return to playing something good or evil, fits my playstyle better.

See you in the fields!
99149, Good luck with the next
Posted by Maugauth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Shame we didn't get to get into some more serious scuffles. I agree with you on the whining thing, it gets old. Definately doesn't make me want to go out of my way to rp with them or respect their corpse.

Of course, I'm a minotaur. Who the hell wants to RP with me anyways? Usually when I send a tell to an enemy they either don't understand me, laugh, or tell me to shut up. Sort of hurting my big bad mino ego :(
99153, This makes old lady Allysia sad
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Often you get what you want RP wise. I tend to reflect whatever level I feel the person on the other side is giving. So some interviews are lengthy and deep, filled with things, and others are short and to the point. If I have no sense for the nature of a char, it's harder to have idle talks with them, which really Nexuns have a fair amount of time for when things are balanced and the village is not around.

I believe you were part of the circle induction talk where I had like five or six applicants at the inn. I hope that wasn't too bad, given all the interviews I've done, I try and mix things up now and again to make it somewhat different for players and to sort of encourage them to RP a little. RP is a part of CF, and when it's there and people know you have it you get less of the more blatant OC communications. Players tend to get a feel for the deeper RP'd characters and act differently with them then with some of the less RP driven ones. But that's just my thoughts.

I liked the gnome, you certainly made a lot of things easier, and you were a pretty consistent force to have in the Island actually. Maybe because we have similar playtimes, but still, I never had any problems with you, I tended to like all I saw.

Good luck with whatever follows. :)
99160, RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Brebauche the High Wizard of the Arcane
Posted by Chulun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I'm certainly disappointed that you have decided ta pack it up and return to Hillcrest.. but ah can certainly understand that you have lost interested.. Chulun shall miss de bonding and de war... PK wise, I think Nexus have potential for alot of PK actions.. more so than other cabals... because we have ta fight the strong forces as the balance dictate... anyhow Chulun enjoyed our interactions and glwyn!