Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Jord the Student of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99135
99135, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Jord the Student of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed May 11 09:40:30 2011

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Jord perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:46
99184, Not surprised. This guy is a tool and a cheater.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This will probably get deleted (and if so I understand entirely) but I can't just sit back and watch this train wreck without shedding some light on the player.

Those who played Dark Mists over the past decade will know who this guy is. He went by many names over there. Shamrock and Vhenun were the ones he was best known by. He "hacked" DM at one point (i don't know the exact specifics) and just genuinely lied and used different means to get around a ten year long siteban. He was never hard to pick out of a crowd. Everyone (including the imms) could pick him out of a line up simply by his blatant attitude and cheating.

A few months ago I started noticing a lot of lowbies with the names of current or ex DM imms. Obviously that's not breaking any rules here but it stood out to me (and I'm sure other ex-DM'ers as there are quite a few of us) and I started interacting with these characters and it didn't take long to realize that Shamrock had migrated to CF. I went and checked the DM board and sure as hell they'd banned him again. Seems he's CF's burden now.

I hope the imms watch him closer than they watch most.
99185, alert - other mud's dirty laundry - no cf content here nt
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
99189, Alert!
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Oldril suddenly feels the need to whine about everything. Ever since the commander debacle all your posts are just whines, what happened?
99190, The commander debacle?
You mean where the CF playerbase swore I was a character that I was actually pkilling?

You mean when the dios vips let that #### ride and to the point it still goes on every single day both here and there?

You mean where basically a little clique of douchey players spouted a bunch of lies with no evidence to support it and made another player's experience on CF less than it could be?

Maybe I wanted to be the one person coming to the defence of another player who it appears is receiving the same ####ing ####.

Enjoy your game, sorry to jack Jord's thread.

Jord, #### these assholes man just play your character and GLWYN
99193, We did actually ban people over that
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll leave it at that.

Your own posts aren't doing you any favours at the moment.
99196, you're in fantasy land
I'll leave it at that
99197, Personal Message for Oldril within <3
Posted by vargal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There is a difference between being persecuted and being told you're wrong repeatedly. Relax, take a deep breath, enjoy the game and ignore the drama.
99195, If he was a cheat
It sure wasn't obvious to me. He got left behind on the village "rush to hero" and slaughtered, from what I could see.
99183, Weaksauce to say you will group and then try and get an easy mage kill at 40 when you are already inducted. You and Hraustr both, pah!
Posted by Shapeshifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You both failed too, double Pah!
99186, weaksauce to char assassinate without posting your name
or the log

99257, It happened and he is lame for it but I am still active and don't want to reveal anything about me
Posted by Shapeshifter on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
and don't see it as character assassination when the character is already dead. Maybe you pad your ratio by beating on a corpse but I don't.

Your rager was stand-up so don't get bitter and start defending this douchebag.
99142, And this is why I didn't give you a recommendation
Posted by Olum on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No dedication.
99146, evil villager has a lot more enemies than a svirf
just sayin
99150, Umm, he was gettign whipped
Jord was dying while I was on more than all the rest of the village put together. I think you're being unfair.
99152, despite the popular misconception
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
if your tactics consist entirely of call blood flurry you will die a lot.

Blood thirst is just dangerous for everyone, including the thirster.
99155, you play svirf villagers pretty much right?
its not the best time to be an evil villager imo
99156, I had a svirf phase at one point yes.
I have played every class/path combo in the village except a ranger defender (yeah that even includes a berserker bard), I have played multilpe chars that actually switched from berserker to defender and defender to berserker. I have played every align and most races (only missing gnome, storm giant, fire giant, duergar) in the village. I feel I have a pretty well rounded view of the various positives and negatives of most village builds.

I think if you take away certain racial perks that evil is the best align choice to go in the village, you get a bigger range of targets. When you are limited to finding PKcentric interaction on foot having more people to bump into is the key to having more fun.

My current char killed Jord a couple of times and it just boiled down to the fact he generally made poor decisions in combat(my build has low offense, no burst damage, no lagging, which means he(sword spec giant berserker) really should not die to me almost ever), I wouldn't use him as a barometer for the viability of being evil in the village today.
99181, OOC makes Baby Borky cry
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would like to pretend that OOC traits could be distinguished from IC. Even if the -person- doesn't have any dedication (not saying one way or another), since deleting is an OOC act, what does that have to do with the -character-? If the player likes pickled-candy that doesn't mean the character does.
99194, There's a correlation
A lack of dedication to the cabal is likely to manifest in several ways, some of which are ic (not facing risks for the cabal), some ooc (deleting after a set-back) and some a mixture of the two (not logging on when the cabal is having a hard time).
99198, RE: There's a correlation
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I still don't feel that anyones character should be judged IC for OOC actions. ;)
99203, I kinda disagree.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I'm a cabal leader with limited cabal spots available (like Elite spots in Empire), I'm sure as hell going to make the guy who logs in frequently when I'm on Elite a lot sooner than that guy I've only seen once.

You may say that's an IC deal but it really isn't. The guy who doesn't get the Elite spot might be a hell of an Imperial who does the right thing all the time, but What Have You Done For Me Lately syndrome wins out.

There are all sorts of other examples I could use, but yeah if there was some rager app who wanted my recommendation and I'd noticed previously that he had quick logins/logouts that looked like he was just scouting for the Commander/Drillmaster and bleh stuff like that (that made me think maybe this wasn't his only character and stuff) then hell yeah I'm going to be hesitant to recommend him.

Also I'll readily admit I have a bias toward players who seem to be playing only one character.
99256, The big downside to that though
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
is for the player who cannot log the hours that some of you manage and even when he does manage to grab an hour it can be hijacked by wife or kids or both!

By your rule of thumb, I can't play CF and expect to get anywhere with a character seeking a cabal spot because of how my logins may be interpreted.

99258, Somewhat...
...but IC, why would my War Master give a crap about your OOC reasonings for not being able to log on and retrieve as much as the other guy up for an Elite position?

Also, if you really want to enter this argument, you should probably look at your own playing habits - how many characters do you have active right now? If the answer is more than one, don't expect me to feel sorry for you for not logging enough hours. :P
99260, what I don't understand
Is why the number of characters someone plays matters at all as long as they are not cheating.

Or why trying to use your time effectively makes a difference (trying to time you logins to achieve a specific purpose like finding an inducting leader).

99263, It's a personal preference, not a rule...
I don't want to hijack this thread any more than I have, so I deleted the wall of text I had typed. In general, though, if you only play one character, you don't need to worry about "finding an inducting leader". You play when you can play, that character only, and the leader will find you. Or not. Either way, if I'm a cabal leader and I see an applicant who is on regularly (i.e. is logged in before I am), I'll be more inclined to talk with that guy than the guy who logs in 5 minutes after I do and immediately sends me a tell.

The first guy seems like he's found a character and a role and is sticking to it. The second guy seems like he was playing a scouting char and saw me login (as opposed to some other cabal leader he's trying to find with yet-another-character) and logged in to try to get inducted.

To put it in real-life terms. If you were the chief at a volunteer fire department and could only bring one more guy on board, would you bring in the guy that lived in the town you were trying to protect, or would you bring in the guy who had a "vacation home" in your town and was there every other weekend?

I want the guy who is dedicated to me and my cabal helping me put out fires. I'm selfish that way.
99277, RE: It's a personal preference, not a rule...
Posted by radik_the_elf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not just because I am tatted by Twist that I agree with him. Moreso because it is true. I actually deleted all my characters except a lowbie bard because I found myself scrambling too much and losing interest too quickly in all my characters. Now, I play one main character, log-in when I can and I have a better feel on the character's role and better able to exploit rp potential

Chris Miller