Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Nyaareshi the Warden of the Winds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99112
99112, (DELETED) [None] Nyaareshi the Warden of the Winds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon May 9 22:15:22 2011

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Nyaareshi perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:45
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:57
99113, Good to be back, but sorry to have to let a character go
Posted by Nyaareshi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, what can I say? Nyaareshi didn't exactly last very long in terms of some of my other characters. lv45, and all of 57 hours. I barely played her a week. That's not to say I won't miss Nyaareshi though. She was a blast to play in all her confusion and silly feline antics, and certainly a change from the echoes of Elghinn I still get in my mind periodically.

However, the character just wasn't meant to be. Nyaa is my first character in about a year and a half, and despite my serious dislike of change, I'm actually -glad- to see that so much has changed for the game over the years I've been sucked into its' being. There's more Imms. They're visible more often. Near as I can tell (since I'm still Imm-shy and all,) they're more interactive as well.

The people I've been able to contact with Nyaareshi have been absolutely fantastic. The list is short, but here it is:

Mirrou: Your patience knows no bounds. If you're not titled something along the lines of "Saintly" I'll be disappointed. I do somewhat have to apologize for the -really- broken grammar Nyaa used. It's fun to speak for a while, but it gave even -me- headaches. How you put up with it is beyond me.

Sarto: Nyaa liked you. She also disliked you. She didn't get why, but she had a thing about anything shorter than she was. (Maybe casting Enlarge woulda helped since she didn't even know what a gnome was until she met you.)

Wyndynne: You were fun. Always upbeat even when you had to get serious from time to time. Keep chirping away. It makes me proud to see Heralds like you are still around. (Also, additional congrats to Skeeta for the brilliant note.)

Vankhu: OOCly, I liked you purely because you're my kind of creepy. Nyaa would never have admitted it but she was terrified of you.

Others I've forgotten/missed or whose names escape me: Thank you for making my come-back to CF as enjoyable as it was. My creative block ends, and the cycle begins anew. I'll be seeing you all around, hopefully on better terms and in more understandable English.
99117, You did very well
Posted by Mirrou on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nyaareshi was totally adorable. Super fun was how you'd often ask "what is X" about trivial things. Mirrou, being well-educated and orderly good, would just feel it was his duty to teach Nyaa everything he knew and generally care after her.

I agree that it can be daunting to roleplay broken speech for prolonged periods of time. Though I didn't have any trouble understanding it. I guess I'm just proficient in it now ;) Anyway, you were consistent with your speech and it fit the character very nicely.

I only regret that we didn't get to kick any serious ass together. I am a socializer, but there's only so much you can speak of if you don't go anywhere to explore or PK occasionally; what we did was too little. Anyways, thanks for awesome time. And good luck with your next.
99121, RE: You did very well
Posted by bugboy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Generally speaking, despite being considered slightly "out there" for how I choose to RP my characters, I always try to go for broke in at least one direction for a character. Mirrou was awesome, and I kinda feel bad about not getting to go through everything I'd originally intended.

What sucked was the severe case of "How do I continue writing Role chapters in-character and BY the character" which is pretty much my standard. Trying to do Roles based on Nyaa's thoughts would have been a LOT more confusing than helpful. Not to mention difficult to read.
99130, Nyaa~! (n/t)
Posted by robdarken_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nyan