Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Sasha the Grand Mistress of Artistry
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=99045
99045, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Sasha the Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri May 6 15:27:45 2011

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Sasha perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:65
99053, RE: (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Sasha the Grand Mistress of Artistry
Posted by Gurz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Outlander bards have the potential to be so super tough! I was always careful around you, especially after I underestimated your group on Kiadana that one time. Camo and Lullaby combo is very deadly.

I thought you had a lot of potential, and I'm sad to see another enemy go. Hero range is so often filled to the brim with goodies. :(
99050, Damnit. WTF?!?!
Posted by Onya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A great great ally to have. For a second there we were building a super solid Reaver core. What happened man? I was expecting great things outta you.
99057, I just can't stand how bard plays.
Posted by Sasha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't realize how frustrating it would be to try and chase and reengage with songs, for one. Or how much trouble it would be to deal with resist mental on any experienced enemy. Bard feels very survivable to me, and like they can really contribute to raiding and exploring trips, but in one on one pk, they rely on their enemy making multiple mistakes. It just doesn't suit how I play at all. I enjoyed running around with you though.
99062, RE: I just can't stand how bard plays.
Posted by Onya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're correct in that bards can be limited when fighting experienced people, but I would argue that that would be the same with just about every class. And it is true that sometimes you have to rely on your enemy making mistakes, but you can also force them into those mistakes by using the correct tactics. I wish I had more time to talk to you IC because I've played many bards in the past and I coulda helped you get pretty nasty. Oh well. GLWYN
99066, Agree with Onya...
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Every class has their weaknesses and strengths... dont think there arent some builds that could make Onya think twice... as Balta, I got a decent amount of pks, but they were a few people who would just run through me unless I could get them to make an error...

in the future, mention it to your cabal mates, perhaps they may have some advice for you... you can also go check out logs on the logboard.. I know they have some Hanord ones and I am sure other Bard ones... see what those people did... thats one of the easiest ways to learn a class.. the rest is all trial and error..

GLWYN

Hope we see you in outlander again..
99076, RE: I just can't stand how bard plays.
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seems like everyone and their mother uses resist mental preps now. Seems kind of lame that one prep can pretty much nullify most of the abilities of an entire class.
99079, And here's me
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thinking that one of the abilities of the class was brandish, which enables them to dispel resist mental.
99085, RE: And here's me
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Touche'
99087, RE: I just can't stand how bard plays.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Given how useless Symphonic Echos makes me, there's not much point to fighting a bard without resist mental. Unless you're banking on just permalagging the guy from the get-go or you're a rager and can't use it anyway.