Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Anacrid the Lesser Sorceress of Transmutation
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=98937
98937, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Anacrid the Lesser Sorceress of Transmutation
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun May 1 21:02:19 2011

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Anacrid perished, never to return.
Race:dark-elf
Class:transmuter
Level:31
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:50
98945, Umm, how did this name get under the radar
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Anacrid
Arac(h)nid.
98946, ...because you're overreacting and it isn't even close to being a bad name.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Incognito

In cog(ck) nito (neato)

OMG WAI IS THIS HANDLE ALLOWED

You can do that with most any name, if you have to go out of your way to change letters and remove or add letters its probably not an obvious name or one that would harm the CF fantasy reality.
98955, RE: ...because you're overreacting and it isn't even close to being a bad name.
It's very close indeed.

The main point being, drow are related to spiders. i.e. Arachnid.

And you were something that makes you think of Arachnid.

And Incognito is, indeed, chosen for its meaning. So it would be an unacceptable name in the game.

I wouldn't say I'm overreacting because, quite frankly, I don't care about the names. Unless you are called CockGobbler or something, it doesn't bother me. You want to be called "Titan" or something? Fine with me.

However, the imms have said they do care, and I'm surprised that that one got through.
98956, RE: ...because you're overreacting and it isn't even close to being a bad name.
Posted by Old guy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I read it and thought antacid. *shrug*
98957, Disagree
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I looked at the name for a while before clicking on your comment about it, trying to figure out what the issue might be. I decided that it must have been from some book or movie I wasn't familiar with, because I couldn't come up with anything about Anacrid that seemed off.

Arachnid seems like quite a stretch. Quite a stretch.
98958, Yeah, I tried to figure it out too
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And it didn't occur to me at all. Saying 'Arachnid' is totally overreacting.
98970, Just me then, it would seem
To me, Anacrid and Aracnid (ok, without the "h") sound and look very similiar, in the context of someone being one of a spider-loving race.

Apparently not to everyone else though, which would be the answer to my question.
99014, Nope, I got that too
Posted by MoetEtChandon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe we're both dyslectic :P.
99008, It only requires swapping two letters around
The r and the n.

That is pretty close, even if unintentional.
98963, I didn't think of that
Posted by Anacrid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But subconsciously, maybe I thought it would be cool.

Besides, even if I consciously thought of "Arachnid", this was one of my favorite names. Just rolls off the tongue.

98940, Wow man. WTF?!?!
Posted by Onya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was expecting big things from you. Your RP was on point and you seemed to have a high level of pk experience. Lame. So so lame. Of all the new arrivals you are the last one I expected to delete so quick. What up?
98942, Sorry
Posted by Anacrid on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Just couldn't get into the RP - if I don't like the RP or just not my style, the character's not going to last long. Deleted before wasting more time.