Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AGE DEATH) [None] Faeshu the Hand of the Unseen, Spymaster of Blackclaw
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=98823
98823, (AGE DEATH) [None] Faeshu the Hand of the Unseen, Spymaster of Blackclaw
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 27 20:13:46 2011

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Faeshu perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:556
98856, RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Faeshu the Hand of the Unseen, S...
Posted by Aliathius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well this is crappy. I was hoping you would be back in the Fortress before you kicked the bucket. I really enjoyed your company, I dug the grumpy old man vibe I got from you. Now in character, Aliathius was very disappointed and tried his best to well bring back around, but in the end, the lack of reverence to the Gods was a bad move in the eyes of a Paladin. He still held out hope, but now you are just damned to burn!! :) j/k..not really...

GLWYN.
98862, It's a felar thing
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The lack of reverence to the gods, I mean.

As I understand the race, they aren't much into religion because they see it as a form of authority, which is generally frowned upon. Being orderly didn't change anything about it, just made him more stubborn with his views.

He might have calmed down about his grudges, but he surely wasn't going to prostrate himself before anyone.

I guess I'm not yet bored about playing felar ;) the other races I'd like to try are dwarf and mino, that's when I feel ready to try an empowerment class.
98841, Goodbyes
Uh oh, I've outlived something like 4-5 generations of characters. Even better, I have a good memory and can name and comment on nearly everyone. But the space is limited :( Whoever feels left out, just say.

Auskunua - Geez, you would always ask what ails me. Just read that long rambling post of mine. There was no way I could tell you all that and stay IC... so mostly I mustered a smile and said it was okay, and then we'd go help someone, do some PK or PvE and I'd feel better. Oh, and I liked bringing you large sums of money. Gives me warm fuzzies when people are grateful for what I do.

Drayden - Now we have proof that killing a goodie is not the only way to be booted from Fort. I mostly only ran with you in PvE, but that didn't make me like you less.

Kai - Oh, Faeshu was sad not having you around anymore... But I decided I'm not here to play Romeo and Juliette, so I just continued on ;)

Maira, Nadalia, Sehrilaina - Now who was the one who said marans aren't nice, just good? Wrong! Here are a few future marans that are good AND nice!

Nevaelle - Your patience and willingness to listen are admirable.

Rhone - You were exempt from my extensive use of the purr social because you always had your shields up :( I liked having you as leader, even though we might have disagreed on some matters a couple of times.

Sollin - Faeshu has known you for most of his life. There was no way he would think of you as a greater being. Only as equal. But that's only Faeshu. Maybe once it is possible, I'll roll a follower for you.

Thwrerrorip - Well... looks like I failed you. I'm a serial goodie, but not too much about forgiveness and turning the other cheek. I can't play an acolyte like you did. Yet. There will be another try, in time.

Jalonur - I have faith in you. Never give up.

Balta - It was you who I picked up that "never bow to anyone" quirk from. So little we talked, yet you had quite an influence on my character.

Irelia - After all the traveling we had, you were definitely considered a close friend. I wish I could be helpful to you somehow more. Also, you're the one I really want to hear from, what did you think of my character...

Zildrik - Bleh. No goodie attacks people unprovoked for invented reason like "you're scaring the seagulls" or "you're ruining the coral reef". FYI, the room descs there state that sea waves crash against that reef, and it still stands. Was hard to convince myself not to hunt you back, like, waylay on eastern or something.

Flaaayin - I wrote about you in my role. Of course that doesn't mean I liked you IC or OOC.

Ssii - While I'm sure you had good roleplay (you won a role contest after all), a character that lacks coherent speech is of zero value to me. Because I'm all about talking. Also, you started fights at the Inn, that certainly made Faeshu dislike you even more.

Karkarrak - Good enemy. I don't know why everyone hated you so much.

Hark, Wikataw - Talking with you two and helping you out was something that I considered a step to redemption for my character. Since he hated all ragers and got himself booted out of Fort for it.

Norington - You were nice to Faeshu when you were leading the Blackclaw guild. That's why Faeshu would later be nice to people in his guild that he was supposed to hate. I also liked our talks, and frankly speaking, I was reluctant to fight you outside raid situations. In fact, most imperials wouldn't talk to me at all, so you surely stand out.

Kjaz - You were annoying as lowbie and you were annoying as hero. That's not necessarily bad, and I'm sure I was no less annoying to some imperials.

Allysia - You kill ragers! Faeshu liked it! And unlike so many out there, you really looked like a true bard, that is, someone who inspires people and knows the way of word... not just types "sing insert song name here" and pretends it is art.

Mundin - Old grumbling gnome. Yes, Faeshu broke the law occasionally. No, you never caught him. Yes, he lied to you. No, he didn't like you. I assure you, however, most of the time I spent seemingly idling in the cities wasn't because I was waiting for a moment to rob someone. I wasn't interested in theft at all. Mostly I was spying the movements of enemies and reporting them over cb.

Mharlndarn - I don't hate you. You aren't taking risks, but it would be strange for a chancellor to foolishly jump into dire fights like some raging villager. A chancellor is supposed to be tactical and scheming, never allowing randomness to interfere with his devious plans. Also, taking risks is impractical because dying hurts prestige. For instance, take the log you posted about how I and Thelana failed to kill you. You wisely omitted the fact that you had to teleport because your recall was three paces away from the place we fought. And that you died to that teleport :P

Jekor, Thelana - A couple of really classy thieves. Good friends, allies, and someone to learn from. Thanks for everything.
98844, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this character, you had guts and weren't one of those annoying steal everything and run away gear lockers. Joining a cabal is probably the best way to learn PK, which can definately be a little daunting at first. Good luck with your next.
98847, Now I feel left out :(
Posted by Thuorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Uh, anyway, you know how I felt about everything, 'cause I told you IC. See you with the next!
98860, I wish you were there for the final hour
Aerlion did the "last honor" duty pretty well though.

Anyways, both you and Jerohk (and Brom) left kinda the same feeling in me. Wise, leading, careful with words, big, strong and straightforward. In short, the total opposite of what Faeshu was.

I bet you were somewhat put off IC by my constant chitter-chatter. Also, you, the tough paladin, never needed or asked for any help from me. Kitty was sad.

I'm sorry that I never asked you about yourself, never tried to find out what was special about your character.
98871, If there's one piece of advice I would provide for the future
It's that you should have come forth about your worries early on, rather than let things explode like they did.

If I have a policy, it's that I want to promote a diversity of people and opinions. That means you get a lot of personal freedom, and you have the right to state all that's on your mind, negative or positive, publicly or eye to eye (if you prefer). As long as our noses ultimately point the same way.

Because of this, I could not possibly be put off by anything you did or said (that I knew), you were not nearly as chaotic as Auskunua, hehe, and I am rather fond of him. Also, I do think I always allow people to help or just keep me company. I believe I do and always have. So I am not sure why you got that impression.

Maybe I am wrong about this, but I would say the main reason why you were not made an Acolyte (yet), is that you seemed to struggle to really throw yourself into that role. You did a lot of good things, but not all of it screamed 'Acolyte'. Again, if anything wasn't clear to you, or if there was something that frustrated you, you should have asked for advice about it.

I hope this helps with the next, do hurry :).

PS: Thanks for the praise.
98874, RE: If there's one piece of advice I would provide for the future
>Maybe I am wrong about this, but I would say the main reason why you
>were not made an Acolyte (yet), is that you seemed to struggle to
>really throw yourself into that role. You did a lot of good things,
>but not all of it screamed 'Acolyte'.

Naaaah, apparently I didn't do anything at all. Just hung out, according to Twist...
...nevermind, I didn't want that promotion. Acolyte powers suck anyway, I just wanted my lastname.
98882, No, seriously, do explain
>You did a lot of good things, but not all of it screamed 'Acolyte'.

This, would you please go into detail here?
I should fight less, or what? The impression I got from people is that they'd like me to fight more.

And if not fight, what should I do that would scream 'Acolyte'?
98891, RE: No, seriously, do explain
A few general pointers:

- Fight because there's a threat, seize fighting when it's been handled.
- Scribe/Acolyte especially are about team effort.
- When something bothers you, trust your cabalmates.

I personally didn't think you did a bad job, far from, but you needed that extra little bit of clarity. Something your cabalmates could and would have helped with, if only you asked them.
98905, This doesn't make much sense to me
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sieze fighting when it's been handled?

What's that mean? Sounds like it means "gank" almost. You can be a viable acolyte without fighting much.

Acolyte being about a team effort... there are different ways of defining team effort. They don't all involve fighting. You could be the person who contributes to the non-fighting element and still be the shield.

When something bothers you, trust your cabalmates?

That advice sounds pretty bad to me, given how bad some of the cabalmates I've served with are. How many maran have taken people to their doom repeatedly in order to "liberate" defiance for themselves? How many have led the charge before people are ready? If I remember correctly, the acolytes are supposed to keep others on the right path, and that -can- involve questioning their actions, either internal or out loud.
98906, I am not going to discuss this OOC while I am active, but
You took this completely opposite from how it was meant.
98912, Maybe he meant "cease" and not sieze.
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Would make more sense in an acolytey stand point.

Of course I could be wrong.
98916, Yeah, what he said
Whoopsy
98929, Ok, now that part does make sense
See, I'm not just being a ####. :)
98930, Oh well
Even an EP doesn't have to have a perfect vocabulary all the time. I hope? Hehe.
98913, Hah, so it's bad for an acolyte's prestige to waylay people on eastern?
See, my problem was that:
Marans go around and look for fights.
Acolytes only fight when there's a threat.

My playstyle is something inbetween... I don't roam the world looking for enemies to fight. I feel bothered when someone tells me whereabouts of enemies and suggests I go fight them, at unfavorable odds.

But if I see a good opportunity, like I go minding my business and an insuspecting enemy walks by, I'm not going to pretend I'm not there.
98944, Put it this way
I played an aggressive (pk-wise) scribe, because I wanted to change the playerbase's impression of acolytes being pk punching bags.

It worked very well in some senses because people would flee to my side and then the enemy wouldn't want to chase them there, whereas in the past a lot of people seemed to just think "woohoo, two pk's for the price of one".

I also raided for the enemy item any time someone wasn't in need of help (which was a lot of the time).

I had imms suggest I switch to the maran path, as it wasn't really viewed as being acolyte-like. However, I was happy enough to stay a scribe given the purpose of me being a scribe in the first place.
98848, Good Spymaster
Posted by Norington on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When there was the Faeshu/Kai spree, I blackballed Kai, but not you. You were the only active thief in the guild, so when I was about to blackball you too, I thought. No, I'm going to blackball myself later, it wouldn't be fair to what IC I considered a good member. I'm all about good, active members in my guilds, so I just blackballed you from Hamsah when I got Bandit King, lol. Was my way to make things even.

heartseeker is sooo much fun to catch in the face. :p
98849, Sad Tiger
Posted by Drasdan on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Man not even a mention.... Like Faeshu a whole lot. Especially when I got you to steal Rods from Mharl when he would raid. Drasdan understood your plight, and was rooting for you.

GLWYN
98861, RE: Sad Tiger
You seem more into fighting than talks, but I still liked you a lot, I'm glad you're still kicking.

I was sometimes angry because I could not catch up on foot and help you fight someone in some area that I've never heard of. But this of course isn't your fault.

Our times seemed to match, there were a lot of times I'd log on and see 10-15 people online, and five minutes after that you'd log on and see 10-15 people online and probably be disappointed, but then you'd hear my voice from the shadows and know you're not alone. I liked to be that voice ;)
98850, I liked Faeshu too.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked that you always respected my duty as a Nexun and we only fought a very few times. We were able to be friendly most of the time when balance permitted, and had some fun times. I also enjoy thieves who don't rob me blind, even when light was tipping I never considerd Faeshu an enemy.

And thanks for the nice words about her, I'll save any further comment for her own thread when that comes.

Well done on Faeshu, Allysia generally is wary around thieves but you were certainly an exception in a good way.
98858, Bye Faeshu!
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I remember the few times we spoke, I hope to see more from you in the future, and not bad at all for so many firsts with this char...

GLWYN

PS: Never bow to anyone ;)

Balta
98863, To Khalend
I knew my character was about to turn one more year, and if he age-died there in Aran'gird, you might have had trouble getting out without the key. That's why I insisted you carry it.

Funny thing is, when I logged him off that day, he only had 1 tick left to live, so then the next day I log in and... FFFFUUUUU-
Well not really. It was kinda expected.
98864, Just a little pointer on age deaths
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This may or may not be correct, but I age died a paladin on the same day another guy age died, and we both had the same experience.
I believe when you age die, (not through use of aging items) you essentially cross over your mark for your characters predetermined lifespan while you are playing.

You character is then essentially dead but you get to finish the log in (maybe you die if you get PK'd or a mob kills you as well, this I don't know). But you do not just drop dead from age on eastern to my knowledge. You age die on your next log in, on the first tick that passes. And you will have none of your gear. I think that is how it works, and it's an interesting system, it prevents that guy from passing all his gear.

I don't see a lot of age deaths to know for sure, so congratulations on doing that :)
98865, Bye..Bye..Kitty..
Posted by Irelia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awesome job all around...Irelia liked you from the beginning, even if
you were a thief. I can say you were the ONLY thief that Irelia cared
about. It was always a pleasure to talk to you and was nice that you
were present during the "roleplay" of the baby loss. You seemed well
roleplayed and Im sure you had alot of eyes above watching...Last
name or not...Irelia is by no means a PK build, and I have found more
pleasure in the roleplay aspect the game offers..And I hope I was
able to enhance your experience with Faeshu...

Get back to the fields and roll up an Outlander..:)

Irelia
98926, Faeshu!
Posted by Sollin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Hey mate.

Thanks for everything! From the first time I met you in the Inn from the stories you used to tell me after I became an AVA. I appreciate the fact that you didn't treat me as a greater being, your character knew me better than most active characters and you know how much I'd hate to bee seen a superior.

Sorry if there was any confusion. I always tried my best to make sure things were fun and you were in good spirits towards the end.

Anyhow, good luck with your next! Hope to see you back soon, you bring a great sense of energy to the game.

-Sollin
98928, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Don't sweat it man, we both knew after a short while that you probably
should have gone maran :) You were still quite the character to be
around and it was fun. Hehehe.
-Thwrerrorip
98950, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Nevaelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Nevaelle - Your patience and willingness to listen are
>admirable.

Well, I considered you a bit of project for nev. And I enjoyed our RP, though it definitely was frustrating on occasion. I wasn't sure the anti-gods thing was all IC though and that made me kind of uncomfortable. We have a few really touchy, prideful players that can't stand any rebukes from imms, so I was worried you were going down that path. I'm glad it was all IC. Though other part that was hard is that nev is supposed to be chaotic but when you asked why switch to maran it was hard not to base it on th oath and/or an orderly-flavored of "Because that's not what you're supposed to do" approach.

glwyn
98971, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Rhone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had mixed feelings about your change of heart. The reason being you seemed to take setbacks pretty hard sometimes, and I didn't think there was a reasonable chance you'd make Maran. So it seemed like an avenue destined to result in some bitterness - and I didn't want that because happy Faeshu was way more fun to hang around with than bitter Faeshu! :) That is just a real tough build to turn into a Squire.
98835, You were tougher than you get credit for
Posted by Maugauth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think you came damn close to killing me in a couple raids actually. I liked the character, I know I sacced your heartseeker but immediately after doing it, I felt like a total douche and thats the last time I was going to do it. I'm just not a fan of getting stabbed by it :P You were always down to fight and always came with your game face on, and were slippery as hell.

Good luck with the next.
98836, Re: Heartseeker
I regathered it three or four times. Once Sivyh disarmed it and made me run for my life, and it was left lying on eastern road... then I couldn't get it after a reboot, then somehow it was avaliable again.

Mostly I coveted that dagger because it allowed me to fight Mharlndarn. I still don't understand why he never tried to fumble it out of my hands paws, but I often came close to killing him with it, and without it I was merely a funny fodder against him.

You were fun to fight for Faeshu. Good health to you irl, recover and hope we'll meet again in the fields.
98834, Some rambling in order
Okay... this long post is looooooooong, incoherent and whiney, be prepared.

Think everyone has figured out that this was my first thief. And first character to get into a cabal. And first character to play to the end. And also my first character that I actually liked, heh.

Even though I hate lowbie PK and try to rank up as fast as possible, this was one character that I enjoyed a lot at lowbie levels. Purely because I had lots of interaction with different people, and these small (and not so small) talks are what I like about mudding. Kai, Lalaemi, Aubrielle, Kalen, Raelee, thank you all, you were so much fun. I was sad to see you disappear later.

I made him a role about being a slave from past Ostalagiah who somehow ended up in the present time at the age of 12, brought in by a wizard master and then set free after some traveling. It wasn't very detailed at first, then I added more and more until I liked it. Wasn't very consistent until later, and I while I liked to play the role, I didn't like what I wrote in the chapters. Smells too much like soap opera.

As for cabal choice... was aiming for Herald, but I didn't clearly imagine what I was going to do there, so it never happened. Frankly, I've played a Herald alt later and I still feel having no clue what they are about. So Fortress it was, I'll omit the generic crap about why and how. Had to wait long long time since there were no leaders to induct me as a scribe until one day Padwei showed up and did it. Thanks.

Pre-hero there were some notable enemies like Ftanneera and Zaahir, who I mostly hid from, and to be honest, I avoided any PK unless Kai asked me to help kill someone. Was fun, we actually landed some kills together, like Doban, Uhariz or Shydraugh. Felar pack sense is cool.

The PK though, I wasn't very keen on it, didn't feel like roaming and looking for enemies to PK, and also was getting easily destroyed by most everyone I fought. I've always played peaceful characters in other muds and that's basically why I didn't want the brigade and why I've chosen the pickpocket/mystic path. It largely shifted later when I got more comfortable with the PK atmosphere of CF, somewhere around 300 hours.

Then there was one problem I could not bear. I am a horrible attention whore. I wanted people to like me, to hate me, to speak about me... in short, wanted some notoriety of sorts. Guess the best I did for that was all the storytelling, but I was sad about never getting any imm attention. No last name even. No freakin' last name over 300 hours, while everyone else got theirs :( Was I that bad? :(

So I was disappointed with myself, and the character had horrible build, so I'd sometimes be more and more bitter and not very nice to people, especially enemies. And I figured I'd push this a bit more, just to see what happens, because I was so dissatisfied anyway. Battleragers made the perfect object of hate, thanks Flaaayin, thanks Mredenkal, thanks Hyu.

Anyway, this eventually led to much drama and uninduction, but I got what I wanted, some more attention from the people. Still no lastname, though getting it by that time would look like mockery anyway, because I had about 450 hours and didn't expect the character to last too long.

I'll post specific goodbyes also, a bit later.

EDIT: Just to make clear, I do not hold OOC grudges against the imms or battleragers. Merely stated the facts and how I felt about them at the time. I run my own mud and know firsthand that an imm's job is often underestimated and thankless.
98840, Holy crap, good job.
Posted by wikataw on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First cabal, first thief, age death?
Now I know why you avoided fights a little more.
That was my first assassin/rager/felar

Try an assassin or rager or lich next time kay buddy hehe
98855, RE: Some rambling in order
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>As for cabal choice... was aiming for Herald, but I didn't
>clearly imagine what I was going to do there, so it never
>happened. Frankly, I've played a Herald alt later and I still
>feel having no clue what they are about. So Fortress it was,
>I'll omit the generic crap about why and how. Had to wait long
>long time since there were no leaders to induct me as a scribe
>until one day Padwei showed up and did it. Thanks.

FWIW Faeshu, to me, had the feel of a Herald in Fort armor. Take what you will from that (more below).

>The PK though, I wasn't very keen on it, didn't feel like
>roaming and looking for enemies to PK, and also was getting
>easily destroyed by most everyone I fought. I've always played
>peaceful characters in other muds and that's basically why I
>didn't want the brigade and why I've chosen the
>pickpocket/mystic path. It largely shifted later when I got
>more comfortable with the PK atmosphere of CF, somewhere
>around 300 hours.

This was quite evident. If you want to avoid PK, Fort (even as an Aco) is not a great choice.

>Then there was one problem I could not bear. I am a horrible
>attention whore. I wanted people to like me, to hate me, to
>speak about me... in short, wanted some notoriety of sorts.
>Guess the best I did for that was all the storytelling, but I
>was sad about never getting any imm attention. No last name
>even. No freakin' last name over 300 hours, while everyone
>else got theirs :( Was I that bad? :(

So I just logged in and looked and it doesn't look like you ever set a lastname via the LASTNAME command. So yeah that's probably why you didn't get one?

Also, to gain attention, you really kinda need to *DO* something. The vibe I got from Faeshu with a couple different chars was sorta a "taking up space" character. That's fine, but it is going to be tough to get the attention of the Imms if you aren't really...well...doing anything.
98859, RE: Some rambling in order
>FWIW Faeshu, to me, had the feel of a Herald in Fort armor. Take what you will from that (more below).

That was intentional. It was my way of "doing something" (see the end of this post).

>If you want to avoid PK, Fort (even as an Aco) is not a great choice.

I didn't want to avoid PK, I just wanted to take it slowly, rather than embrace being killed over and over. I'm always horrified about wasting con quickly. And by 300 hours I think I was mostly comfortable attacking people I knew I could handle.

>So I just logged in and looked and it doesn't look like you ever set a lastname via the LASTNAME command. So yeah that's probably why you didn't get one?

Now how the hell was I supposed to know that? I thought I only had to mention it in my role and the imms will set it if they think I'm worth it.

>Also, to gain attention, you really kinda need to *DO* something. The vibe I got from Faeshu with a couple different chars was sorta a "taking up space" character.

Really? I'm interested to know what do you consider *something*. If that's PK success you mean, I think I did pretty well for a lowly pickpocket.
98869, Twist only sets pk as a high standard when he is a Defiance/Flurry Mort.. Not dance me goodbye imm.
I won't forget sending you away.
98870, ####. Anything twist plays is deadly. Mans got skills
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
His thug imperial thief, his Bard, ANY of his warriors. The guy can kill with a felar axe/sword warrior with balance and stsf if he wanted to.

He plays builds that work, so what. So do a dozen other people including myself and we don't have half the success most of the time.

He may be an imm, may like his powerbuilds, but please, don't knock the mans talent. He's been playing cf since the beginning, and he knows his ####. To deny the guys pure skill level is just ignorance, and I doubt 99% of this playerbase will disagree with me here.

Twist has always been to me like the "peoples champion" of imms. In that hes as much a part of the playerbase as an immortal, and plays both parts very well, contributing immensely weather as his Imm or a mortal.
98881, Except Battle Assassin. Zing! nt
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
98931, *earflat* Ok, you are right. So right, my bad. Shame me. nt
nt
98872, RE: Some rambling in order
>>FWIW Faeshu, to me, had the feel of a Herald in Fort armor.
>Take what you will from that (more below).
>
>That was intentional. It was my way of "doing something" (see
>the end of this post).

I guess what I'm saying is if you wanted to be a Herald, be a Herald. When you joined Fortress, you signed on for cabal raiding, killin' badguys, equippin' goodguys, savin' the hash of lowbie goodies, and so on. Faeshu (from what I saw of him) just sorta...hung out and talked. Which really wouldn't even be enough for Herald, either, FWIW.

>>If you want to avoid PK, Fort (even as an Aco) is not a great
>choice.
>
>I didn't want to avoid PK, I just wanted to take it slowly,
>rather than embrace being killed over and over. I'm always
>horrified about wasting con quickly. And by 300 hours I think
>I was mostly comfortable attacking people I knew I could
>handle.

I can understand that, but you know you were a thief, so there's the whole "defend by theft" option, and all that. I saw you on a lot with bad odds against you, though, so props for that. I think I "helped" you retrieve once with Brom, even...but I'm pretty sure you weren't game for even trying until I took out Centurions for you and stood at the Vanquisher beside you. There's a difference between not wanting to die and not wanting to try. :)

>>So I just logged in and looked and it doesn't look like you
>ever set a lastname via the LASTNAME command. So yeah that's
>probably why you didn't get one?
>
>Now how the hell was I supposed to know that? I thought I only
>had to mention it in my role and the imms will set it if they
>think I'm worth it.

Well, if it is something you really wanted, you might have maybe done a "HELP LAST NAME" or something? I dunno. I didn't know about the LASTNAME command either when I came back (as Meagara, not as an Imm) but after I saw all these folks with last names, I checked for a helpfile. :P

>>Also, to gain attention, you really kinda need to *DO*
>something. The vibe I got from Faeshu with a couple different
>chars was sorta a "taking up space" character.
>
>Really? I'm interested to know what do you consider
>*something*. If that's PK success you mean, I think I did
>pretty well for a lowly pickpocket.

I don't mean PK success. I generally don't expect thieves that aren't Empire, Battle, or played by Isildur/Jalim to be PK powerhouses. As I mention above, it seemed like you just logged in and hung out. Maybe I (and other Imms) missed all the cool stuff you were doing. But as I see it, you didn't get crapped on for anything except not being a very good Fortress char, which seemed fair to me.
98873, I'm at a loss for words here
Yes, I never tried to reclaim alone with enemies on. Because it took me no less than 20 minutes to kill any outer.

Other than that... I was missing on raids? I didn't gather equipment for allies? I didn't try to kill badguys? I didn't help lowbies? I don't remember a single time when I'd "just hang out" when Fort duties had to be done.
98876, I guess you just didn't stand out to me...
Quite probably the build simply didn't allow you to exert much influence on the power-shift of the game.
98825, RE: (AGE DEATH) [None] Faeshu the Hand of the Unseen, S...
Posted by Sivyh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Boy did I want to kick your face in. Acrobatics makes Furry Chuck a sad panda. :)
98833, Why? Just because you can't use throw and trip?
Posted by Faeshu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You have all these awesome kicks to get around lag protection. I think even after I learned how to prep I still posed next to no danger to you. And that's even before we speak about sigil of pain.

I'd mostly give you trouble indirectly, though after being booted from Fort that was severely limited - slower communication, much less ability to pounce on you during a raid situation, no cry of deliverance from marans, etc etc.

You're one of the two imperials I like the most (the other being Norington). Anytime I'd call you a bastard, it was only a momentary burst of anger because you caught me unprepared again or you somehow slipped away from me and my allies.