Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kjaz Sondallyn the Holy of Faith, Imperial High Priest
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=98807
98807, (DELETED) [EMPIRE] Kjaz Sondallyn the Holy of Faith, Imperial High Priest
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Apr 27 10:10:44 2011

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Kjaz perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:shaman
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:246
98811, Goodbyes
Posted by Kjaz/Kanye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So before Kjaz was made a had rolled a half-drow shaman that followed Khasotholas and was trying to bring him back from the abyss. This went on for about 20 hours before Twist vis'd one day and told me it wasn't going to happen. So a few days later I rolled up Kjaz and followed Enlith. This was my first shaman in years, the last one I had followed Cyradia and I deleted somewhere in the 30's.

It was a really fun character for me. Shamans are a great class for my type of playstyle which is basically balls to the wall at all times. I know my fervor made some allies not like me as I got them into situations in which they died.

I played him as a true zealot of the Empire. I would retrieve against crazy odds at times. I can't even count how many times I hit the maran/giant being opposed 5-1 or greater. Until about the last month the Empire was really weak and unless it was evening hours when the other citizens were around I was usually alone.

EMPIRE:

Sivyh - Thanks for the High Priest. I had designs to take the Throne but Gvan died and I never got promoted until you became Emperor. I hope I served you well.

Farror - Keep on trucking dude, I know your playtime is limited but I really liked having you around.

Anjee - My love! Kjaz secretly had a thing for you. I hope you make Dreadlord, you impressed me from the first time we met. Your attitude about retrieving reminded me alot of myself.

Skenhog/Zaanz - I had alot of fun with you two. You were some great blades. The type of allies I wished I had my entire life. Zannz I was really pushing for you to be War Master.

Oringus - Really guy? Accusing me of looting your ####ty eq. You made yourself look like an ass. After thaat incident I was trying to get you booted. You tended to die alot of ####ty deaths that were easily avoidable.

Norington - What can I say? In the end you really grew on me. I went from absolute hatred to actually wanting you to be around. I set you up a few times to have Flaayian kill you, thats how much I hated you initially.

Zasokowski - You rocked man, we truly were nearly unstoppable. I hope we are on the same team in the future.

Enlilth - Really? I would've rather have you unempower me than avoid me for the last 150 hours of my life.

Fortress:

Rhone - You were probally my favorite enemy. We really never had a good chance to kill each other solo but we still had some epic battles. I felt bad about killing you link dead but after me and Astrex killed you near the keep of righteouss you took the full looting a little too far. You would loose 5/6 pieces which I would take to replace my own stuff and then claim it was a full loot.

Drayden - I really didn't like you that much with Kjaz. When I played Disori you had a totally differnt outlook on life you took alot of risks and were ballsy. I'm not sure what changed but you were a huge ####.

Auskunnua - Sorry for all the rots, I knew it would kill you 80% of the time so I just had to do it.

Battle:

Flaayian - Much respect brother. We had a mutual respect out of each others abilities and talents. We scammed on people pretty hard and it made Kjaz very enjoyable to plot with you. Shame you didn't get Commander.

Karkarrak - For some reason you grew on me in the end, you really were ballsy

Ghrim - Killing you with rot was a good accomplishment for me.

Outtie:

Onya - You were really the one that I fought with any regularity. The one time you did get me, for whatever reason the fact that you had insect swarm totally slipped my mind.

Nexus:

Allysia - I always enjoyed you. Even if we were fighting at the time I had alot of respect for you.

Scion:

Mhar - Still not a fan, you play a super conservative style where you barely take any risks. Sure you kill alot of people but your cowardice in unbecoming of a Chancellor.

I know alot of people accused me of being purely a rot monkey. This is completely false and my pbf will show it. I only used rot when I knew it had a very high chance of killing someone or as a deterrent during raid situations to effectively knock someone out of the fight for 20 hours.

Post and I will respond. I know I'm missing alot of people. I'll prboally make something new soon. I've been juggling a few ideas around. Since I've got back from Afghanistan 3 out of the 4 chars I've heroed had made leader positions. 2 sect leaders and a drillmastrer.
98812, Just purchased the pbf! Can't wait to see how I did.
Posted by Kjaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks again imms!
98813, You always came to stir things up
Posted by Thuorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even when things were not particularly easy for you. That's great, so kudos for that.

When I lost Defiance to you, I was well protected, but very soon started losing -1 con every tick, hard to keep up like that :). But, how in god's name did you find my corpse that fast after I teleported!?

That was uncanny, or you had a very lucky teleport or something.

Uh, anyway, I'm sure you'll come stir things up again with the next!
98814, co locate pccorpse txt
With Hex Auger it let me know when the supps wore off. So the instant I saw all my supps fell I knew you had died. Locate object goes a long way when people go to die from rot in strange places. I knew right away where your corpse was when you died. It seemed like you took awhile to get back not expecting that I could locate it.

As for the next, I'm actually considering the unthinkable. Joing the fortress.
98815, Ah yes
Posted by Thuorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't know the edge, that explains it. Likely would have gotten there before you, without it, ah well, whatever.

You took quite a few items, but they were all rather choicy, they were the sort of gear anyone would immediatelly pick up, given the chance, so can't blame you.
98816, No love for your Loyal servant? :P
Posted by Maugaugh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Kjaz, very scary to follow around though. My conservative playstyle and your head on playstyle clashed horribly, but together, we whipped some serious ass to anyone we crossed. Despite what you may have believed, I made no move at your HP seat. I thought you made a fine HP, and was content waiting it out while learning the shaman class myself. You definately have it down better than I do. I tried to play Maugauth very in line around you, be respectful, and be loyal above all to the divine. I wanted to bonk you on the head for making me give flaaayin back his #### that one time, but a good priest follows his Emperors and HP's orders to the T. Sadly, when I traded stoneform and the girdle to you for what I got, I was pretty sure that was gonna happen eventually, the stoneshatter ####. I knew very much that everyone was gonna try it on me, and figured I needed to get rid of it as fast as possible, so that trade was much more in favor to me than you :( (the worst part is, I have a little trick that would have saved me from combat in that situation, so it may have been better it happened to me than you :(. Sorry buddy)

Anyhow. Good HP, its scary when someone balls to the wall comes at you with no fear of death. Those are the ####ers that land the impossible kills :P
98896, Truer words have never been spoken.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Anyhow. Good HP, its scary when someone balls to the wall comes at you with no fear of death. Those are the ####ers that land the impossible kills :P<

I am an adequate at best pker. And when I think of some of the epic badasses I've killed, I'm often shocked. But I shouldn't be, seeing as how Shamanman taught me how to PK on CF. And that epitomizes that statement of yours more than any player in the history of ever.

I miss Shams :(
98817, I liked Kjaz a lot.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For a while it did feel like you and I were fighting together a lot against the village just cause I was the only nexun and you the only imperial around, and village numbers were soaring. But we always tended to do alright and survive those things.

And that last retrieval than raid where I sided with the fort, I gauged it before centurions and again before hitting the council. I still can't believe darkness was swaying but it did not change for a while after they placed the codex. Though I did laugh when after it was over you told me without me they all would have died.

Just a well played char, looking forward to your next.
98821, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Gurzgred on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were tough and I liked the fact that you'd bring it. In days where I rarely see much in the way of opposition you were always there to light a fire right up.

Great job.
98829, Few pointers
Posted by Norington on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Slow down. So many times you rushed into a raid and everyone died because you were leading. No everyone has black sanc! lol

1v1 you did great

And as far as the flaaayin thing, yea. you made it super obvious, and the Emperor knew too, and despite wanting to have a 'full' council, he waited to anathema you, I guess. but you deleted so now its the next guys problem.

Good luck with your next dawg!
98839, RE: Few pointers
Yeah I'm well aware that Oringus ran his mouth about it after I told him. Initially he seemed a willing participant to get rid of you. Then Sivyh ran his mouth about who I wanted for War Master so Oringus cried wolf and told on me.

Speaking of that - The current council really has no knack for imperial politics. There was wayyyyy to much information sharing between sects, no intrigue, no nothing. Sivyh seems to be pushing for some sort of hand holding lets all get along Empire. As Kjaz I did everything in my power to cause distrust amongst the sects.
98842, RE: Few pointers
Posted by Sivyh on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> Sivyh seems to be pushing for some sort of hand holding lets all get along Empire.

Can I suggest you misunderstand my reasons for letting Oringus know he wasn't your first choice?
98852, Sarcasm... I purposely contradicted myself in that statement.
Sivyh wants a hand holding empire, but stirred up #### with Oringus lol.
98857, Lies!
Posted by Maugauth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Everyone knows fuzzy chuck has paws, if we all held hands, he would feel left out!

Lol, i shouldn't post while on my surgery meds.
98843, RE: Few pointers
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seems like if you were plotting to get rid of the Shadow Lord, then the War Master let him in on it, because he found out you were trying to get rid of him too that's not really everyone getting along. Also when there are like 2 people in each sect, it kind of hampers the backstabbing that can go on. Especially since Fort has been on a huge roll and from that other log board double teaming empire with Battle.
98895, That rot kill was kinda funny.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mostly because rot normally didn't pose a threat for me. I wanna say I had just come out of thirst or something (maybe it was the +con from Cry of Thunder) and so I had no idea I was an hour from rot-death :)

What makes me sad is I had +12 con in rot gear in my sack specifically for the rot. Feh.

The one good thing, is I got to teach (I hope, though they probably weren't listening to me) a lot of villagers about how to grab +con gear quickly to defend against rot. In that, hopefully you helped a bunch of people learn how to deal with it.

You were a great presence for Empire man. You were utterly fearless at times too. I was an absolutely horrible matchup for you game mechanics wise, yet you kept coming and coming and sealed the deal on me for your group several times. I'd daresay you were more diligent about raiding/retrieving than just about any Imperial I've ever seen. Though you did use Nexus like your own private mercenary squad you bastard :)

That ####ing crash death I gave you man....Ugh. I ended up with 10 base strength because of the wither you gave me right before it crashed for several hours, leading to my horrible deaths to several people. Still, it was funny to log back on thirsting, type who, have you log back on and get killed in one round before I could even input a command. You had to be laughing as hard as I was at your computer :)

Great job. Hope all is well back in PA.
98900, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was always fun fighting you both with your last and Kjaz. Well done and good luck with the next.
98973, Something must be wrong
Posted by Rhone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Something must be wrong with me that I enjoy Kanye characters. At least, I liked Rupen, too. I'll miss having Kjaz around.
98979, I wasn't Rupen. In fact I hated him.
Posted by Kanye on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was playing Kargthak at the time fire sword war master. And god I hated eating endless deathblows.
98809, Well played
Posted by Onya on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know we had our beef, but I liked Kjaz. A very ballsy character that would actually try to retrieve and such. I cant believe I caught you that time we fought either in the grove or north of large crossroads (I forget) because you were such a slippery character, especially when I didn't even have you in quicksand. You did what a shaman is supposed to do against an invoker, but the kind of build I have right now is pretty much directly aimed at shaman's and A-P's. As such, those two classes just aren't gonna bring me down. However, I do remember you giving me a scare or two... Anyways, GLWYN and come back soon!!!