Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Danaul the Dweller of the Wilds
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=98409
98409, (DELETED) [None] Danaul the Dweller of the Wilds
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Apr 7 08:20:18 2011

At 10 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Danaul perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:138
98416, Some thoughts
Posted by Murphy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's not really much worth saying about this character, but since I enjoy writing walls of text (hello there, role-reading imms!) and I don't have anything better to do at the moment...

Okay, this was my second try at CF, and first hero. I didn't know anything about rangers, and picked bedouin hometerrain because I read that they get resist fire. Yeah, they do. They also don't get anything good besides it. No snare. No bearcharge. No call lightning. No entangle. Nothing to seal a kill with, except perhaps lash. Well sure sealing kills is the last thing a newbie thinks about...

Thankfully, being an explorer at least allowed me to be useful in groups, with group camp, herbs and tendwounds, and ability to tank anywhere in the wilderness.

As for my reason to delete... I found that I had very few IC friends and acquaintances. Playing a ranger was just so boring. I could join a cabal, but I didn't want to be obligated to go out and raid or hunt cabal enemies, given my crappy build and inability to fight outside the wilds.

And... by February I just found myself playing my newly-rolled alts more and this one less, and I figure that I should have deleted then, but it somehow lasted until today. Not bad since on bad days I could log on as Danaul and go explore the underdark or something.

A few random thoughts on people I met:

Outlanders - Cool that you were all friendly, it's kinda one of the perks of being an uncaballed ranger. I don't like the outlander philosophy however and I especially loathe the barbaric stuff such as making waterskins out of corpses. Yes, Mirabella, I'm looking at you.

Fortress - Got to travel with some of you early on. Was cool to see the dragon lairs and stuff. I liked you all. But I had reasons not to join Fortress, which I will not reveal. I'm just saying so you know that withdrawing my pledge was a fully conscious decision.

Empire - Blah blah blah. Liked talking to Sivyh. Didn't like fighting him and all the others.
Oh, I also fought Cawr and survived. The situation was quite peculiar and funny, now that I look back at it with what I know today.

Volkov and likewise - Funny thing... of all the people Danaul was probably the one least concerned about powerhouse invokers. In my oblivious newbishness I walked by quicksand dozens of times and I didn't even know what it does or why it's dangerous. Yes, watchful eye keeps you from getting caught in it.

Flaaayin - I think I once walked into his traps and none worked. Again, hooray for watchful eye. Oh, and explorers also get resilience to deal with poisons, don't they?

Khalend - Thanks for showing me that area in the underdark and for general friendliness. You cannot imagine how I appreciate someone just talking to me on a bad day.

I'm sure there are others who weren't mentioned. If anyone cares, they can post and I'll answer, as it is usual here.