Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brom en' alThalya the Champion of the Virtues, Provincial Magistrate
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=98257
98257, (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brom en' alThalya the Champion of the Virtues, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Apr 1 15:29:38 2011

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Brom perished, never to return.
Race:storm
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:302
98584, Ohh you made me so mad... but i thought i knew who you were.
Posted by Zelacian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When i took on that gnome criminal shifter just outside the south gate, worked the lion up good and then lost her only to have you stroll two steps into the Underdark and kill a -mvs -mana shifter i did all the work on. :)

Ever since you did the human thief leader of battle and i (Lassader) was one of your first inducted new age ragers i've been able to pick out your chars.
98585, He wasn't even in the Underdark...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
he went to one of those noexit rooms in the sewers. If your tracking ability is that bad, well, Brom sure didn't feel bad taking potential souls away from you while killing a criminal. :P
98611, Who would have thought the criminal would run into town:)
Posted by Zelacian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Was fun.
98614, I've taken a page from Jinroh's book.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And hidden at the Fortress with a couple of my evils when Empire or someone else was chasing me.

Always seemed to work flawlessly :) Thanks Jinroh!
98401, Why go through this painful ordeal?
Posted by sleepy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your experience sounds exactly the same as mine as Erothaylius. 300+ hours as a trib paladin, or any trib goodie, is absolute hell.

Though you have no right to complain...I never got my hands on Defiance.

-A guy who just snooped the forums after several months and who is sorely tempted to play an orc...or tribunal...
98473, A few reasons...
I wanted to help out Marcatis, who always seems to have a dearth of goodies in his cabal, and even less so competant goodies. I think I maybe sorta did that a little.

Also, I'm a big believer in not complaining about something if you've never played it. I've come to that conclusion by actually complaining about some things (to Daevryn, for instance) without actually having played them. For instance when I played Hunsobo, bards, transmuters, and STSF were all ridiculously overpowered.

Then I played STSF elf war and got worked by Igbah. Iron is OP.

Then I played a transmuter and got worked by lots of stuff - not having to prep (like Hunsobo didn't have to prep) is OP.

Then I played a bard and got worked until I got to hero, and even then had problems at times with sword spec warriors (what Hunsobo was)...

So yeah. Now that I've played goodie Trib, and 2H paladin, and stuff, it is unlikely I'll complain to loudly about them. IC, perhaps, I'll still complain, much like Hanord complained about Erothaylius. :P
98484, Sounds more like
Posted by Dallevian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
giant sword spec is OP. Is that what you're trying to say?

;)
98377, Nice Character
Posted by Pyogyor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To me, you seemed to really hit on how paladins should interact with each other. Even though in character I really looked down on many paladins who I didn't think lived up to the virtues they're supposed to embody, you seemed to, not just in actions I saw, but in how you carried yourself and interacted with Pyogyor, certainly. Incredibly generous within the guild and respectful, from what I saw. That's just one part of your character, sure, but it's the part I knew, and I liked it.
98472, You too...
Pyogyor was the same, to me. Very respectful and generous. I was sort of envisioning how Sturm Brightblade from Dragonlance acted toward other LG characters when Pyogyor and Brom would interact.
98341, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brom en' alThalya the Champion of the Virtues, Provincial Magistrate
Posted by Bajula on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thwrerrorip was quite fond of Brom, but I never really got to help
you like I had wanted to early on. I appreciate you asking after me
when I was on my "Well I'm gonna delete anyway let's leave some
corpses" party. :)

Keep havin' fun man.
98329, Ug.
Posted by Hezcresu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've played an evil tribunal before and it was fun to interact
with the paladins in the cabal. Guess I came off the wrong way.
Should not have used the cb to bounce my ideas about order and
magic of a wall with. Did take in everything everyone else had
to say. Next time a debate or confrence like that takes place,
there needs to be more (order). Had alot fun learning from
You, Aiocis and the others that night. Guess that is the reason
someone told me something about my rambling later on and disappeared
just as quickly.

My apologies if I made your experience worse off. Its hard to rp
fun angles as or with paladins in my experiences. Thought you
were a shoe in for the future provost, and was scared because
I knew it was going to be over your beliefs myself getting booted,
not because of my minions striking someone.

Love your OP meelee Chars, seriously. Hate your paladins!
98326, Big pain in my butt. lol
Posted by Zephon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I liked our interactions but you really made retrieving for me a complete pain. :P Well atleast until I got higher level.
Regardless, well done. Good luck with the next. :)
98325, I think its vital to every game
Posted by Gaplemo on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To have a staff member as active with mortals as Twist. He doesn't shrug off his imm duties at all, he finds time for both. And in doing so he can really get a first hand look and feel for what needs to change and whats ok.

Go twist!
98324, WOAH
Posted by legobelt(pulch) on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had no idea you were an imm, let alone twist!! that is so cool! I MET TWIST!!!!!
98317, You sure go through some chars ;)
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
To be honest, I looked through my logs, but I either never killed you or it wasnt a kill that I found interesting enough to log.. I want to say you always got away... Remember a little about Brom, but to be honest, a spire paladin is not something that would put any fear into Balta..

Well, GLWYN..

Balta
98354, Spire Paladin...
Yeah I can see where they wouldn't put any fear into you.

That said, I'm pretty sure in any sort of cage match, even in the wilds, I'd have won due to the faith packets I got. Prot. v. metals isn't going to help if I can dispel it, bear couldn't really hit me very well, and if you were cloud giant without prot. v. metals, Defiance was tailor made for it.

However, the part that makes spire paladin not scary at all is nobody has to sit around for a cage match. :P

Balta's a tough character, and despite not really fearing you either, I definitely needed to stay on my toes when I knew you were around.
98311, Wow
Posted by Nathuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Can't believe yet another of your characters I've had interactions with, a lot more so with this one. We had some good fights was looking forward to see how I'd do against you with the character I got coming up in the ranks right now. You were a joy to speak with, fight, banter, all that good stuff. Sucks that you deleted but I understand. Spire lost a huge ally with this deletion. Can't wait to see who you'll be next. Hopefully an ally of mine this time instead of being an enemy, either way I'll enjoy the interactions I'm sure. Never did get a kill on you but then hardly ever caught you in the wilds, even if I did it was a tough matchup. One of the few tribs that I actually enjoyed speaking with, you weren't high and mighty looking down at your nose at us poor barbarians of the wilds. Regardless of it all I tip my hat off to you. Well played.
98353, Yeah...
Brom felt it was really just too bad that Outlanders were the way they were. He didn't despise them or anything (except maybe Poerlouge :P ). And he sure did feel that the wilds needed protecting too - just not at the expense of the innocents in the cities.

You had great RP from what I got to experience, we had some good chats. Not really debates, and not arguments, but discussions. Odd that I enjoyed speaking with an Outlander more than I did with some (non-trib) elf paladins and stuff. :P
98376, RE: Yeah...
Posted by Nathuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:P Yea I'd have to agree Brom was the only one Nathuel would speak civil to as far as tribs. Any of others could have bit it and he wouldn't care. It was like the unmovable object meets the unstoppable force, neither side would win but neither side would lose, in the discussions obviously. I lost to you too many times for my taste but I still managed to get the Fetish back almost every single time, it was rare if I logged out and Outlander didn't have the Fetish again. :P
98471, Yeah 2H pal doesn't have a lot of options against a shifter
especially one with a healing form who can flee one room and sit there completely safe.

But yeah you were totally up to retrieve all the time so good work! :)
98300, You were quiet during that discussion on intent vs deed
Posted by Aiocis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I guess cause you were near the end and burnt out. It is always interesting to test the limits of one's beliefs when it comes to philosophical talk.
98308, Well, sorta...
More to the point I was tired of people arguing *at* me. About 3 arguments in a row had the people I was debating with essentially ignoring anything I said and simply restating their point over. and over. and over.
98310, Did you feel I was doing that? nt
Posted by Aiocis on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
98352, Kinda. But...
really, the other two chattering on CB at the same time were sorta not even making sense to me sometimes, and they seemed to be arguing with you as much as me, and none of it was at all Tribunal related, so finally I was like "OK enough, speak to me personally if you want to know more about the tenets of Marcatis, but leave this channel for Spire business."
98277, RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Brom en' alThalya the Champion...
Posted by MikeS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
When you called me in for a talk, I thought something was up. Sucks, I was looking forward to talking about the tenets! When we met early in our lives I was all hyped when I found a fellow follower to attempt to learn the religion that is damn tough as you said.

See yah around, I am sure!

-Mike
98272, Thanks So much
Posted by Auskunua on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was stuck on a certian level for so long, then Brom came along and started smashing skeletons like no other. You were a great presence in the Tribunal, and I always enjoyed when you asked to go on a adventure. Thanks for the staff to. A great influence in the game sad to see you go. One of my favorite tribbies! Good luck to you!

Auskunua
98276, Heh.
Man I got tired of killing skeletons. Brom was damn good at it though. :P

You were cool to be around, but you take deaths WAY too hard. Just complete logging out without even bothering to come retrieve your corpse? Then showing up next time like nothing happened? Yikes. It was a little creepy to me. :P
98283, Yea I probably was pissed at that death.
So in order to play in the game I got to forget about it regear keep going lol, either or still a great character will be missed
98351, Better to quit immediately, I guess...
Than lay into someone in an OOC tirade or something!
98355, Lol Yea huh, better then throwing the ol' labtop out the window haha ha
Posted by auskunua on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
:)
98360, OOC tirades.
Posted by Juggernaut on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sometimes its better to blow up on someone instead
of getting drunk and getting your 5th DWI. jk
98271, Seems I repeat myself
Silly internet
98262, Wow. So much hate.
This is sorta what I was going for with Faolai - the char that wasn't well liked - but I didn't expect it with helpful paladinguy. Yikes.

Anyhow.

I had every intention to play Brom and get either Provost or Justiciar (I wouldn't want Vindicator on a Paladin because then you'd be forced to actually chase good-align criminals outside of the city, which (much to many an evil's chagrin) Brom wouldn't do.

After 300 (and 2!) hours, oof. I just couldn't do it anymore. Logging in became something I dreaded instead of looked forward to. The OOC tells, the threats, the incessant complaints about flags, about getting killed when I SHOULD BE IN TOWN AT ALL TIMES! ALL TOWNS!, complaints from goodies for attacking them when wanted, complaints from evils for not attacking goodies who were wanted...oof.

So yeah.

Also, Marcatis' religion is *hard*. I left our last meeting (of which I had several, Marcatis was really great to me with respect to interaction - yeah I prayed a bunch of times with no response, but I never felt skimped or ignored) without really even having a good idea of what the hell I was even supposed to "give thought to" for our next meeting. Ow.

Lots of folks interacted with Brom. Lots weren't negative, lots were.

Rather than specific goodbyes, if you enjoyed (or hated) interacting with Brom, cool, I'll respond to anything you post.

For now, though, a short log snippet:

Brom: May Lord Marcatis guide your spirits. Always.

delete
Type delete again to confirm this command.
WARNING: this command is irreversible.
Typing delete with an argument will undo delete status.
If you confirm the delete, this name will be unusable.
You will need to talk to an implementor to use it again.

Time to throw away 302 hours, 51 levels and 710400 experience.

Death tells you 'I AM DEATH, NOT TAXES. I TURN UP ONLY ONCE.'

Radik: Twist be with you and thy endeavors.

Brom: I have every reason to think he will be.

delete
You will be able to reactivate by logging this character in again within the next three days.
the Blood Tribunal executioner: The Blood Tribunal shall remain steadfast in your absence, Brom
450 copper coins have been deposited into your account.
Awaiting the hour of reprisal, your time slips away...

Thanks to all for the favorable (and not so) interactions!
98265, Aerand
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I actually just deleted. Tribunal turns out to be very boring and I couldn't hang. Maybe when player numbers pick up.

In any case, I would just like to say that your interview was the best cabal interview I have had. It was both a test of my knowledge and an awesome learning experience. As a first time Tribunal I thought it was pretty awesome. Plus, now I have a much greater understanding as a player of what Tribunal is required to do and all.
98267, Thanks!
I know what you're sayin' WRT Trib being boring. I made it halfway through my movie collection by watching them while logged in as Brom, just sitting on duty.
98268, Wow...
Posted by Zasowski on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am honestly shocked. I guess in that regards, very nice work. I think it is important to keep people off their toes as to who skilled players are. I however, would have NEVER guessed you were Brom.

Brom was the only person I hated in the game. As you can tell from my farewells :)

I should have figured it out with you finding me in our spot a few times :)

Granted I only had my normal 9:30-12 playing times so I can't speak of anything other than those times but I felt like you were borderline on some things.

While you never broke any rules, I felt like it wasn't right in some regards. Coming with Marans to retrieve their item when there were wanted people you could harm in other parts of Thera was questionable. Knowing full well as a bard by singing any song I would engage you, thus you could claim I attacked you seemed like a stretch to say you weren't raiding. It was hard enough trying to defend against 2-3 but toss in a Paladin and I had no chance.

From my point of view I couldn't figure out why Mundin didn't kick you out.

I got to the point I was ordering citizen to tell just you of attacks in towns just so you would have to go waste time dealing with that. Not something an orderly person should do, but I just wanted you distracted.

Well the good news is at least Brom is gone :) I see why in my farewell thread you said my interactions after were just ok.. now seeing that you got lots of my frustrations!

One thing I was always curious of: You mentioned "In Game" That I had killed your or attacked you earlier on in your life and thus some of the hatred you had for me? Is that true? When you said that I had to think long and hard if I ever did.
98270, Brom didn't hate you...
I'm not sure what conversation you're refering to. You never killed me, but you were the first to attack out of the two of us - with me standing at the Vanquisher while Fortress tried to retrieve, you sang. So duh, of course I'd expect you to attack, but that doesn't mean Brom isn't going to use the fact.

As for "right" or "wrong" it is damn funny because I'd have you bitching in one ear about how I should stay in the towns and kill the criminals and I'd have someone like Drayden in the other ear bitching because just 2 minutes prior I was manacling him and coming at him with guards in Galadon, and he'd accuse me of sitting on my ass in the guild and not out hunting evil.

You should make note that I never struck ANY cabal guardian other than Outlander's. Dozens of Centurions, yeah. But I never even went to the Palace and summoned people out for Fort to attack or anything like that. Mundin was very clear not to start a war, and Brom figured summoning during a raid situation might do just that.
98274, RE: Brom didn't hate you...
Posted by Zasowski on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah I didn't recall ever killing you or even starting a fight other than the Palace fight you talked about. To me, that is grounds for going to war with and I was prepared to do so if I became Emperor.

I must say that I did my best not to complain but Brom sure heard an earful as well as Mundin about you.

I agree with the fact you never attacked our guardian nor summoned anyone which was for my comment that you never broke and rules. I just thought showing up and 'watching' was questionable.

At least I had someone in the game to hate instead of my norm which consisted of liking most of my enemies.

It is difficult to play something like Brom where you have to juggle two separate responsibilities.
98350, Yeah see I was a little surprised...
Erothaylius was doing a similar routine when I was Hanord - watching the cities but also trying to kill Empire outside of them. And as Hanord I got in his ear about how he should pay more attention to the law etc. etc. Much like Zasowski did with Brom.

The surprising thing, to me, was when you deleted and it became obvious that you disagreed with me doing that in an OOC sense. While I railed on Erothaylius as Hanord, I knew OOC (and generally commented about it as an imm) that he was doing what he should.

Ah well.
98273, Dupmasione 2.0?
Posted by TwistFAN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Elf shield ded with defiance

OR

storm two-hand with defiance

What can you tell us about paladins, defiance, and being the best so that we might learn from you?
98279, Dupmasione had a ton more kills
even per hour. And was a lot tougher to kill. But he also had strange bracers for most of his life.

Brom fought a lot more battleragers than Dupmasione ever did, too. And they are a tough fight for paladin, especially once they thirst - they get hard to hit. Dupmasione had the faith that lets you parry axes and spears and stuff fairly well, Brom didn't, so axe guys definitely could do a number on Brom.

Defiance is an awesome sword. It's harder to get now than it was with Dupmasione, but Dupmasione got it the "hard" way, whereas Brom had several thief friends that ended up making it easier. I know that sounds confusing but you'll have to explore the area yourself to see what I mean.

Um. Two-hand is definitely the spec for me going forward. You've got a decent lag capability, a way to cause bleeding and blindness, plus strike of faith for burst damage. It also lets you conserve a TON more mana, especially when you're out killing mobs.

Shield, though, makes you just so damn hard to kill.
98289, Ah yes, I forgot
Posted by TwistFAN on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Dup had the strange bracers, and I'm sure that made a huge difference. Course there's semi-expensive alternatives if you have magey friends in Trib.

GLWYN! or current! both, good luck!
98275, I totally had you pegged as someone else this time around.
Posted by Kjaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You totally got the response you were going for. With all the hate over the way you handled yourself. Magically leaving cities when fort came for evils, hunting with known criminals, etc, etc.

God I hated you and faith virtue so much!!!!

I'm still not sure what I was thinking when you killed me and Hamsah docks.

I hope I came accross a real crazy zealot of my faith to you.

Come back to the dark side!
98281, We had some good fights.
I actually felt a little bad last night when I taunted you about the bard. Not about the taunt, but about the fact that Brom really wouldn't/shouldn't be a taunter. So sorry about that.

You do a very good job of being a (delusional) zealot priest of Enlilth.

Faith virtue does suck for shaman, but other than the time you're referring to, I'm pretty sure I wasn't really anywhere close to killing you.
98290, Ah-ha!
Posted by Nevaelle on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked what little interaction I had with Brom, but you always seemed aloof. Was it because of the Twist/Nevaelle connection or just the basic RP?
98298, Overly familiar RP...
My take is that when you start talking to me, out of the blue, at level 18, that's cool. If you're asking me things such as "How fare you?" and stuff.

But when you keep pressing with "What are you doing? Where? What are you fighting?" it gets a little creepy. If we were buddies who had leveled up together, or in the same cabal, or followers of the same god, or whatever, maybe. But you just sorta out of the blue started grilling me. Hence the perception of standoffishness, I figure.
98291, Aaw
Posted by Thuorn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're going to be missed, loved the talks and random pleasantries.

And Spire leadership was finally shifting the right way ... bleh :P

98299, I grabbed Defiance for you two weeks ago...
...maybe two and a half. Then I didn't see you! I had decided to give it to you or Radik, whoever I saw first. I saw Radik WAYY sooner than you, but he was doing some spiritual fast deal where he didn't have anything but a sword and shield. I sure wasn't going to give it to him then.

Then he did that for an entire week and I still hadn't seen you. So...Defiance went to him.

Pre-deletion, I did give the other one to someone who may or may not give it to you, but I'll leave that for in-game.

Aside from Defiance, we had some good talks. We had a good one going prior to that damn orc thing. Meh.
98313, To make it even worse
I heard that you had it, so I knew. Our login times just didnt match up again. Ah well, if you get it once ...
98314, And thanks for the gesture nt
98301, RE: Wow. So much hate.
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I didn't see what I'd call a lot of Brom, but I had an observation.

I've noticed over the years (having taken a stab or two at it myself) that while we as the players are pretty well used to evil Tribunal acting like evil characters while off duty, it pisses a lot of people off if good Tribunal act like even slightly militant good characters while off duty.

I'm not sure why that is but I keep seeing it.
98316, Eh, people expect good to be dumb.
Posted by Jerohk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You should see how pissed off people get when they find out "Acolyte of the Golden Sun" does not equate to "I will fully gear you in midnight/snow worm/whatever else you think fitting".
98320, Amen n/t
98303, Sorry you died at the wolf.
Posted by Dhuril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think that was possibly one of the few mobs the two of us couldn't have bulldozed :(

I liked Brom as an ally way more than as an enemy heh
98349, That's pretty common
...liking someone way more as an ally than an enemy. Esp. if that someone has a build/role that is designed to frustrate enemies as much as kill them.

As for dying at the wolf, that was just pure me being stupid. I forgot to quaff fly before going in (or just refused to maybe) and got trip-lagged to death. Dumb. Definitely not your fault. :)
98307, Dratz!!
Posted by Irelia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you would atleast hang around till the baby was born...Very
much mutual respect shown between both of us. Your presence was quite
consistent with my playing times and hoped for more interaction with you. It was admirable that you wouldn't raid when I was awake. And of course it was pointless for me. With Irelia's build their was not
much I could do to you regardless. I really enjoyed Brom though, and
having played several tribunals I know how persistent the bitch festing can be. Now please go for Outlander with your next concept!!

Irelia
98348, Yeah it was a nice internal conflict...
Like no, I don't want to kill you, but I do have my duty.

When you fled writhing when I was retrieving recently, I was a little afraid that strike o' faith might do you in, heh.

You're doing a very good job as Sunwarden from what I've seen, keep it up!
98312, RE: Wow. So much hate.
Posted by Rhone on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really one of the best RP'd tribunal paladins I've ever seen. Somehow you managed to do both sides (good align and orderly) extreme justice - and became the first Tribunal I've really "liked" in a long, long time. So it's funny that so many people hated Brom.

There are two strong memories that I have of Brom:

1. Tuttie and the Defiance. If you have the log, you should post it. That was f'ing hilarious when Tuttie picked up the blade - all your detailed instructions and plans, and you left out "Oh, hey, by the way, don't pick up Defiance" :) It's one of those things I just assumed everyone knew.

2. When I was "WANTED" the first time with this character, I told you it was a mistake on my part - and it was. Couple minutes later, I see an orc in Voralia and you nearby, and figure, "What the Hell, I'm already WANTED," and go in to kill the orc.

Rather than attack me, you sent me a tell saying, "Oh, so that was a mistake?"

it was a simple thing, but it really made me stop and think about my character's RP and whether he'd really be willing to throw the law out the window that blatantly - with a paladin standing right there - just because he was already WANTED and thus couldn't suffer any further consequences. I hadn't thought about it that way until you guilted me into it. :)

Personally, I would have liked to see what would happen if Athioles' offer to you (remove all the evils from the Spire and the Fortress swears never to break the law) came to fruition. It was the kind of bold move only the player of Tacelous would consider and Brom was the rare Tribunal that actually might do something like that.

Anyway, good luck with your next!
98342, Speaking of Tacelous
Posted by Kjaz on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a fire shaman with the similiar racist thing in his role, but forgot the name and auto'd.

FIRE GIANT POWER!
98323, RE: Wow. So much hate.
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I completely understand the whole whining thing by poeple. It is horrible for tribunals. It sort of sucks the fun out of playing. It sort of killed Derialx. I would have to say your fun as hell to fight. Gahsa found you to be a challenge more than any other tribunal. I could go toe to toe with almost any of the Spire but when it came to you I was running to the village after five or six rounds of combat just waiting and hoping to keep charging striking up. I thought you were slightly cold...and sorry if I ever argued at you...I am damn sure I did. It isnt how I meant it I still suck at rp and trying to get better.
98347, Cold...
Yeah Brom was supposed to be moderately cold. Raised by elves, as a storm giant, he never really felt like he "fit in" with anyone pretty much his whole life.

We never had massive arguments or anything, nothing major, so its all good. :)
98335, I liked Brom from what I saw
Posted by NoobAgain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Having played Artenno and Vythigor, I cannot agree more how many whines Tribunals get from others. The reason I deleted Vythigor (neutral healer) and rolled Artenno (evil healer) is so that I could take an "evil angle" to calm all those goodies/neutrals complaining about flags, no flags, doing this, not doing that. I can only imagine how whiny it got with you being a goodie.

I am proud of you trying a Tribunal - my favorite Cabal.
98366, RE: Wow. So much hate.
Posted by Mundin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Brom,
You were my right hand man for a long time there, good job on playing the tribunal paladin. I will definately miss you in the spire.
You did everything I thought a Provincial should and I agree you were a shoe in for next Provost when Mundin is gone. I bet Marcatis would have been happy to have a lightwalking leader that is a follower. Thank you for being a person I could bounce ideas off of and discuss actions with. I guess as always we'll see what you play next. I would say good luck with your next, but you probably wont need it.
98470, Yeah...
I specifically rolled up Brom to help out Marcatis. Actually I specifically rolled up an elf shield paladin first to help Marcatis, but you inflicted Sherys upon him, then "An Immortal" (who ended up being Marcatis) told him that his note to Tribunal was meh.

So I said screw this. Deleted the elf pally, waited a day or so, guilted Marcatis for pooing on my note, and told him he was going to have to wait months for me to try his cabal again (Just to throw him off if I could).

Then I rolled Brom. And you inflicted Sherys on me again. Bastard.
98608, RE: Wow. So much hate.
Posted by Jhyrbian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is about the 30th incarnation of the char name Brom I've seen. Were you the same guy who kept re-rolling Brom as a cloud giant bash spec that would sit at lv 15 back in the day?

98616, Nope.
And about 3 days after getting Provincial, I turned the TV to SciFi while folding laundry and Eragon was on. I'd totally forgotten that the character that Jeremy Irons played was named Brom.

I was going for a monosyllabic name that was somewhat similar to Sturm. Also I had just listened to Bill Cosby's "Noah" sketch.

Anyways no, wasn't me. :)
98258, Feh.
Posted by Ghrim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Believe it or not, regardless of all the differences we had, Brom was one of Ghrimriddor's best friends.

For all the #### you got on the forums or in game, I thought you played a paladin amazingly well. I have the log of Grivik and I dying to guards/you/Sherys and IMHO it's an epic log of what it means to be a good-aligned character with flaws/differences. I really had to take a look at my own roleplay and make that decision if I wanted to be good or neutral (I wouldn't have cared either way, truthfully...but Ghrim liked being a goodie).

Hope you have fun with the next.
98266, Thanks.
I think it is funny that a hard-coded prog lent itself so wonderfully to the RP of a character. So much so that it made it into my role.

You were the second (and final) good align Brom killed, the first being Drayden when he turned himself in once.

Ghrim's a great character. Seems like you lost steam, maybe you'll get it back, either way, you're great for the playerbase IMO.
98278, ~350 hours is a long time for me to play a character.
Posted by Ghrim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And yeah, I did lose some steam. Hence the exile. We'll see where this takes me.

I'll post that log soon. Or email it to you. One way or the other.
98282, Post it if'n you wanna, fine with me. (nt)