Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Doban the Legend of the Battlefield, the Belligerent Carceral, Branded of the Beast
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=98167
98167, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Doban the Legend of the Battlefield, the Belligerent Carceral, Branded of the Beast
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Mar 30 18:15:20 2011

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Doban perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:221
98185, Some comments and final thoughts
Posted by Doban on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was ready to be done with Doban. The character pk-wise was not the success I had in mind - which is ok because I did learn quite a bit about game mechanics from him. I experienced a bunch of frustration with Doban. Mostly out of skill failure or that one skill missing at a critical time. That's CF - I know. It just seemed to be a little more than usual with Doban. I tried to bite my tongue but there was a stretch close to the end I couldn't help but bitch a little. For that I apologize. I will also admit that I did make tactical errors with Doban - its hard not to in this game when things get going. It just sucks when you know better, but, it sucks even worse when you expected a different outcome from your choice of tactics and your left looking like a dumbass because of it. Again - That's CF! If it was easy, everyone would be playing... Hrm wait. That's a different discussion!

I've done a lot of Gates ragers on several different races now and think I'm done with it for awhile. Alot of it was experimental and I think if I was going to do it again on a race that isn't dwarf/duerg/svirf it would be elf or drow. It is pretty tough to do on a mino because of the hoof and horn slots. I'm sure there is more mino gear out there that I didn't get but I just never found it. I never got a pair of ebonscale hooves because Hefestles is too much of a bitch to kill with illusionary hooked swords. It's also tough (especially for a hand spec) to keep your damroll up.

The prophecy was cool. Thanks to Thror for the interaction at the beginning. I do have to ask though - What happened? From my point of view you were doing a cool thing by setting up the quest and getting all kinds of characters involved. Then a bunch of the original players involved deleted their characters. I kind of thought that that would piss you off a little as you were doing this cool thing for everyone, so I made it a point to try to play Doban out. I had lost steam on Doban because of the way things were working out for him pk-wise etc and was hoping that the RP side from the quest would pump some excitement back into him. Near the end I kind of figured that wasn't going to happen and just went about con-dying.

Daevryn - I prayed a ####load for you with no response! Ah oh well. In hindsight, as this character played out I'm not sure if this character was worth the religion.

Flaaayin - you're a kick ass DM. I know you take a lot of #### on the forums but I think your one badass MF and hold your character in very high regards. I even tossed in a bit into one of my role chapters about you when you became DM and people were deleting over it. It takes a lot of balls to throw Karkarrak from the Village but from the sounds of it you had good reason. Right now I hear lots of bitching about ####ty-ragers. I can't say if its true or not but you can never go wrong house cleaning like you do.

Lastly - any imm feedback on the role? I got good immxp from it but never even a thought from a role contest. I thought for sure I'd get something from the last RC Daev and Baer ran because I had all kinds of entries about what had been currently happening in Doban's life, with the exception of a really current one.

98186, Hope you liked the gauntlets :) no txt
Posted by Dhuril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
told you no txt!
98187, Hell yeah! Funny story...
I asked Mundin to take them from my corpse and give them to Hyu, another hand spec, as a final request after I died the last time. Mundin obliged but I guess Hyu didn't understand I wanted him to have them because he handed them back to me in the village. As a ghost you can't enter any commands beyond socials so I ended up taking them to the grave!

Anyways, thanks alot for them. Very cool item!

Edited to add: Thanks to Torata for letting me take them to the grave!
98200, RE: Hell yeah! Funny story...
Posted by Tesline on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were interesting to see never got to talk much
98189, Please dont praise griefer characters, it makes them stick around, as we have seen. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
98190, You're so bitter you should change your hangle to keystone.
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As for Doban. Never got to interact with you, but heard good things.
98192, Is there an ignore user function on these boards? no txt
Posted by Oldril on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
98196, Yes, but you apparently aren't smart enough to make use of it.,,,
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I do agree with you. Flaaayin is pretty awesome from what I've seen. When you RP with him his actions tend to make sense. Of course..multiple people have bitched at me for playing him, even though I don't, so it would make sense that I like him I reckon.
98193, To clarify, I was not calling Doban a griefer, he was good. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
98195, So wear your container when a thief is around
Posted by Knac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As for rare items, truthfully, 75% of the time you don't a) need them, b) it's easy to get again and c) don't use them.
98202, You were tough
Posted by Volkov on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were fun to fight as Volkov. I think I got you a few times but hand to hand spec berserkers are an invokers nightmare. I never feared dieing to you but you ran me off a lot more than the rest. Hyu got good after dieing about 10 times but he picked it up quick too. Good char, fun to fight hope you enjoyed the invoker battles. You were one of the few that would fight alone. Hyu the other, the rest were just bleh.
98226, RE: You were tough
As were you. Invokers were a major pain in my ass. I just lacked the firepower alot of the times to win the fight and quicksand is messy for most Villagers. Anyways, nice work slaughtering people.
98180, Awesome job.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Doban was fantastic and I always appreciate it when an IMM given title sends me to dictionary.com.

Great Villager.

GLWYN
98184, RE: Awesome job.
Haha! Me too. I kept wondering how many other people did the same and knew what it meant. Thanks for the words. I've always thought highly of your chars too.
98177, Well done
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would have liked to be your last death for the con loss, shame I was one early (would make you and Eck). I think you were a fine example of how villagers should be played and gave me some very heart pounding moments. From what I saw, a 1st class opponent all the way, and I tried to make sure at least those I could influence treated you as such.

Hope you enjoyed the ride, come back soon :)
98183, RE: Well done
Hey thanks. If you had been around it might have been! That last fight you pretty much kicked my ass. That was textbook on how not to raid. I won't get into too many details except to say it frustrated the hell out of me and that I had this voice in the back of my head saying "just go to the village and get everyone in one spot and go together", which of course I ignored.

You are a damn tough nexun bard. Keep it up! Seems like you got lots of little Nexuns running around these days so lots of fun should be ahead for the Island.
98173, Sonova...
Posted by Ghrim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn.

I loved Doban.

Hope you had fun.
98182, RE: Sonova...
What can I say? Ghrim rocked and despite our conflicting alignments you were Doban's greatest friend. The whole prophecy deal kind of set us on track to interact and I loved every minute of it. I hoped getting bumped from the Village was worth it. Good luck with seeing the quest to the end!
98168, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Doban the Legend of the Battlefield, the Belligerent Carceral, Branded of the Beast
Posted by Mundin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well done char, Class act to the end.
Had fun fighting you throughout most of this char's life.
Best of luck on whatever you do next.
98181, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Doban the Legend of the Battlefield, the Belligerent Carceral, Branded of the Beast
Thanks for the fun last fight. The fight didn't happen as I had hoped but oh well. I went into it knowing it was you or me. By the time you shifted to the porc I knew it was me. The worst part about the whole thing was as soon as I pummeled you I lagged out for about a minute. My screen was then a blur of text and I was at my pit. Not the ideal way to have your last fight! Anyways, we were old school enemies and I had a lot of respect for you. You were one character I never had hopes of killing - I just knew it wasn't going to happen for my build. Well done and thanks again for the fun.