Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [None] Cishs the Hidden
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=98145
98145, (DELETED) [None] Cishs the Hidden
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 29 19:11:46 2011

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Cishs perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:thief
Level:43
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:None, None
Hours:94
98146, RE: (DELETED) [None] Cishs the Hidden
Posted by Bubthegreat on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, as per my usual, I'm getting too involved in the character instead of doing school. This was my first thief ever. I will DEFINITELY be playing another. I'm a huge fan, though I'll probably take the paths a bit different.

I've basically got tests for the next four weeks straight (thankfully only one a week) so I need to start getting back on the study train instead of sitting on CF trying to perfect skills. I'll be buying the PBF, so if anybody cared about the role, it'll be up there. To sum it up, he's an ex-con who found a conscience. I tried to make it work with tribunal, but the third time I watched someone attack someone else in town while I was off duty I thought...man...this is not what the character would do at all. He wouldnt just sit there and watch it happen. So I got kicked out of tribunal for defending someone while off duty. I was cool with it, it was gonna be a neat twist to the role being a vigilante sort of peace keeper, defending people when the law wasn't there or wasn't getting it done.

Anyway, There's a bunch of goodbyes, specifically to Jekor and Kitata. You both showed me some ropes of thieves that really made a difference with my experience with the class. Thanks.

Tribunal: Sorry, I just couldn't fit it with the role, as much as I'd have wanted to be in the cabal for the first time. You guys weren't very noob friendly as far as people who had never been in the cabal before. I was hoping to have some epic battles with the tree, but they never seemed to be around/raiding.

To the random imm that read my role: Sorry I couldn't flesh it out a bit more. I was really hoping to add an update tomorrow that showed a little more where I wanted to go with the character, the vigilante desires, etc. I Wanted to explain Cishs' views on order, and what it meant, why he felt the way he did, etc. Thanks for the exp. :D

To everyone else, sorry, I'm about to start studying, so reply to this and I'll reply back. There's a lot of you that I had a lot of fun with.

Thanks everybody, I'll see you in the fields once summer semester rolls around. It'll be an easy one. ;)
98147, RE: (DELETED) [None] Cishs the Hidden
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was the one that read your role. I liked it, thought it was memorable, and thought it gave good insight into your character - although I really wanted to see how it would develop into the character's life choices. I was also pretty bummed because as a lowly Avatar, I can't see how players are "playing out" their roles and I was really curious how you were roleplaying that one because it read very film noir, like Rorshach from Watchmen.

Anyway, you're welcome for the exp :) The unabashed flames I get thrown my way from players who received less exp than they felt they deserved almost makes me dread reading roles sometimes - so it really, really is nice to hear a nice thought. Good luck with your next!
98179, Yeah, I wasnt sure whether I was going to try for a "turned good"
after a while or not. I've been trying to make my roles an interesting enough read that reading through them doesn't bore me, an avid fantasy reader. :D Keep up the good work, and thanks again!
98148, I wish you spoke to me more
Posted by Barath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Despite some talks we had, I still had no idea what kind of person you were. Would be fun to talk about it if I knew you were going to be a sort of Batman-like vigilante.

And yes, Tribunal is not noob friendly at all. It is good to finally know that leaving the cabal wasn't a big screw-up for the character.

Also, I agree that first thief is almost always tough to play. Good luck with your next, you will only get better.

Think I'll post a log of some epic battles with the Tree for you.
98166, RE: I wish you spoke to me more
Yeah, I didn't ever really get to know your character that well either. I didn't really get to know anyone that was in trib very well. It was my first trib, but I gotta say, the cabal's kinda boring. Unless people are doing something in town, you're either out hunting where you have no cabal powers to compete with, or you're stuck sitting on your thumb.

I also had no idea how to get promoted to a magistrate elsewhere or I would have been on that like white on rice. It seems like most of the action happened in galadon and hamsah.

Anyway, sorry I didn't talk to you more. Every time we tried to chat I was either half AFK or getting my butt handed to me and was fleeing for my life. The only PK's I really got were ones where the other person was completely unprepped or I had accomplices. That's about how thief's work though, so I guess I can't complain about it. :D

anyway, see you in the fields man.
98170, Come back soon
Posted by Bavorlian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were well rp'd and the idea of being a vigilante lawman who ends up wanted for defending people in town is a really good one. I like characters that stick to their beliefs even when there's a price to pay, so sad to see you go.

You didn't seem like a newbie to me. That's probably why you didn't get "support for newbies" from the cabal. I supported you more than I normally would because I found your character interesting. Had no idea you were new to the cabal.
98178, Yeah, I've been playing on and off since '02
So while not technically a "noob" per say, I had never played a thief, and never been in basically any cabal other than fort (never maraned) or Herald. I figured I'd give it a go and see what happened.

Thanks for the support though. Even though I didn't interact with you very much, the bit that I did was fun. The time I got spells to go hunt down Skenhog went so perfectly it wasn't even funny.

By the way Skenhog, if you're reading this, no hard feelings man. You put me on ignore after our first little encounter when you and the other killed me and found your swords. I DID steal those out of town, just FYI.

Anyway, thanks Bav. See you in the fields.