Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Dughain the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=98074
98074, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Dughain the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Mar 27 00:43:56 2011

At 7 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Dughain perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:150
98080, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Dughain the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Dughain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry folks. I can't handle the fact that CF has largely become populated by douchebags who don't RP or follow roles.

The kicker being the paladin (who will remain nameless) with defiance, twin hummingbird pendants, and all the other good-only legendary gear who still felt the need to fight me with Rhone (which i was fine with) and on top of it all, summon neutral (innocent) mobs to absorb the brunt of my bloodthirst (way to protect the innocent there, bud.) I had thought the full looting would get to me, but it turns out it's the folks who abuse the fact that they can request/etc etc and still decide to break role when it suits their staying alive.

I'll come up with more of a goodbye later, but it also didn't help when Thror, (who is largely absent from Village and apparently CF on a day to day basis) finally decides to take part in what's going on in the Village (which has been largely a lot of ####ty ####ty rp, lack of parity and pride, and disgracing village tradition) and shames me publicly over CB for following my role (which is not to trust orcs farther than I can throw them.) I can't blame him too much though because I know he never bothered reading my role, even though I was a follower, so he had no idea I was behaving both as a Villager should and as my character should.

End rant.

Thanks to those who were classy, there were a few of you, and Ghrim was one of them (until you decided to give up the commander position and ignore the rites by trying to give it to Kark, which was lame as hell.)

98083, It never ceases to amaze me how people fail to grasp Thror. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
98087, I'll second this.
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's been my experience with Thror that for every player who is legitimately not getting attention because Thror is a person who has a life, there is another person who is not getting attention because their character is being tested.

Now, it's hard to tell which camp you're in, so it's been my approach to assume it's #2 and RP accordingly.

It's also been my experience that when Thror or "An Immortal" makes you feel like a dip#### over CB, that taking it in stride will work out a lot better than getting pissed about it. Chances are, whatever you did, you deserved it. (at least that's how it's been when it's happened to me.)

I liked Dughain and am sorry that you went out on a sour note.

GLWYN

98088, I like to imagine Thror as an evil.
If thror was an evil he would be burning your house down, impregnating your girlfriend and pissing in your cheerios. Every day.

You endure, you are worthy.
98090, Borkahd? n/t
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
98097, *like*
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
98085, Two things...
Posted by Ghrim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
First of all, Thror is the ####ing man. He's around a lot more than you think, watching the village. I got chewed out several times by him, and I deserved it each and everytime. Does that mean I was roleplaying badly? No, but your own RP has consequences sometimes.

Second of all, there's a ton of misinfo flying around about me leaving the village. Needless to say, you're wrong about your assumption. And I'm fine with that. Eventually I'll get over this damn illness and finish out Ghrim's run and everyone will know everything.

I was a big fan of Dughain's. Shame you had such a bad time at the end with him.
98091, RE: Two things...
Posted by Dughain on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a bad time most of of the char's life in the Village, surrounded by trash and hoping against hope that trash would get taken out. It never did, I got fed up and pulled the trigger, tired of hoping and waiting.
98092, I will say this about Dughain.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You gave me one of the biggests flat out ass kickings of my character's life. You pincered, I say alright time to flee, wait wtf, another pincer?! And I'm dead. :)

You and Hyu timed that so perfectly I just sat their slack jawed for a minute wondering what the hell just happened and why I was at my pit instead of the destructor. Not often people so easily get the better of me when I'm bonded and pepped.

Though as I mentioned to Eck, sometimes you were just absent, when your presence would have swayed raids heavily in favor of the village (which I didn't mind, fighting three is hard enough)

But you seemed a good char. hope to see you back out there.
98098, Cosign on that pally
Posted by Necromancer on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That pally is the most pathetic I have seen on CF, from the limited RP interactions Ive had with them. Maybe you, myself and the other characters mine spoke with, who have complained IC are missing the good stuff I guess. I'm sure we are completely wrong and some immortal will correct us at some point.

I really liked both my fights and travels with Dughain across multiple characters. GLWYN and the village is really in trouble when it loses good RP'ed chars like you and ghrim
98100, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Dughain the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Rayihn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm going to try and be straight with you here. It probably won't go over well.

You might have a point about some things. I'm not saying you're right, I'm not saying you're completely wrong.

However, your attitude needs some work. This isn't your first offense, but I'm pretty sure it should be your last (yes, please consider this a warning - the last one I'm going to offer). Sending OOC tells, sending up offensive prays, spamming the newbie channel, spamming people with throwing yourself on their cabal guardians, these are things we ban people for. These are things that we ban people like Krilkov and Josiah for, and I know you can be better than that. I don't think you want to be held in the category of some of our worst players but you've had a pretty steady decline over the last couple years. Meltdowns on Dio's, here, and in game are beneath you. You need to learn to log off and walk away when things start to anger you. I know you want to be treated with and responded to with respect but no one wants to deal with someone who's cursing or sending up abrasive prays. That isn't going to get you off on the right foot with anyone.

Do better.
98077, Feh!
Posted by Ghrim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am sad to see this.

With this head and chest cold I haven't been able to log on often the last week or so, so this is a real bummer. I was a big fan.
98075, Dughain, of Clan Dughain, wielding the sword of Dughain. nt
nt