Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Elgroth the Dark Tarantella of Death, Mageslayer
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=98027
98027, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Elgroth the Dark Tarantella of Death, Mageslayer
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Mar 23 20:15:33 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Elgroth perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:182
98043, Bought PBF by the way
Posted by Marcus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But I can't seem to find the link where I add the character name. Or it was on the paypal page and I missed it...
98110, Bump, anything go wrong with the payment?
Original Message
RE: Bought PBF by the way
But I can't seem to find the link where I add the character name. Or it was on the paypal page and I missed it...
98122, Email Zulgh
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He has worked with me on similar problems.
98033, Quality as always Marcus me old yossar!
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Guess you are all set for Brazil now then but here is hoping you have a decent connection when you get there.

-----Abernyte
98037, Hehe, Brazil is somewhat postponed
Staying in Sweden to set up a wee business.. Wanna have some sort of steady cash flow before I move there so I don't have to rely solely on the poker :)

Good thing is, I won't be employed so I have plenty of time to play CF...
98064, RE: Hehe, Brazil is somewhat postponed
Posted by Gryshilniar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
There's a few of us (CFers) that are also professional poker players. Myself, you and Ravon at least. I always wondered if there was a relationship between my CF skills (though I'm a noob compared to you) and online poker...I'm thinking there is (multi-tasking and all that).

Good luck with everything.
98066, RE: Hehe, Brazil is somewhat postponed
Hehe, thanks. Haven't played poker professionally for about 6 years now, so I'm kind of the noob in that field (although I did work with online gaming for the past 4 or so years).. Just getting back into the grind, playing PLO25 for now as I feel that my game isn't really top notch yet.. So quite a bit lower than Ravon atleast.

Do you mostly play live or online?

98069, RE: Hehe, Brazil is somewhat postponed
I play online, Short handed NLHE, 1-2 to 5-10 (though swings and emotional stress usually lead me to staying at 1-2 and 2-4). I also have play the occasional live tourney a few times a year the last few years. I busted the WSOP main event last year :( and an EPT event in Tallinn, Estonia. I prefer cash but I've had some success with online tournaments. My brother gave PLO a go for a while, the swings are pure madness so it sounds like a great idea to start lower until you feel comfortable because you can do some real damage even at NL 100 - stuff like 30 buyin swings are pretty normal if you're multi-tabling. Did you work in the gambling industry or video game industry? I came pretty close not long ago to getting a job with Pokerstars but I lost out in the final selection stage.

Are you an American? if you don't mind me asking...
98070, RE: Hehe, Brazil is somewhat postponed
Hehe, gambling industry.. I used to be poker manager for www.bet24.com until like a month ago :). Still working a bit in the gambling industry, but I will try to avoid employment for a while.

I'm swedish :) (not russian like someoone at Dio's thought :p)

98071, RE: Hehe, Brazil is somewhat postponed
Hah, isn't that on the Ongame network? If so that's a funny coincidence since that is where I've been playing this year.

And I should've figured you were a sicko scandi when you said you played PLO!

98078, RE: Hehe, Brazil is somewhat postponed
Ahh, I thought you were american so I kinda ruled Ongame out.. ;)

Anyway, drop me a mail, markus.svennerstal at gmail.com.. I have a proposal you might be interested in.
98157, RE: Hehe, Brazil is somewhat postponed
You get my e-mail?
98031, The only duergar Ghrim liked.
Posted by Ghrim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're a pretty bad dude. That's all I really have to say.

Elgroth was a fantastic character.
98038, RE: The only duergar Ghrim liked.
Hehe, Elgroth kinda grumpily liked Ghrim as well.. your treat him mean, keep him keen approach worked quite well ;)

Ghrim was really cool, I never would've deleted if it hadn't been for the fact that being a sword spec didn't really suit my style.. too few tactical options...
98028, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Elgroth the Dark Tarantella of Death, Mageslayer
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't fight a ton, but you were my bane across two different characters.
98039, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Elgroth the Dark Tarantella of Death, Mageslayer
Hehe, Chestav I remember.. epic battle on the ocean, nasty tactic destroying my boat... who else was it?

98040, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Elgroth the Dark Tarantella of Death, Mageslayer
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You're thinking of the right fight, but it wasn't Chestav. It was Denawe. I still think I might have won that if I hadn't magic missiled (and got triple-spell-baned) right at the end.

Other's still active.