Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Throthgor Ratga the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=97907
97907, (RAGE DELETE) [BATTLE] Throthgor Ratga the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Mar 16 19:47:16 2011

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 4th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Throthgor perished, never to return.
Race:cloud
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:150
97910, Gone with the Wind
Posted by Throthgor on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Boy, that was a terrible rough ride. I don't think I have had an "easy" fight. I had just gone through playing #531 arial, and decided that I'd had enough about being manhandled by cloud giant warrior #400 and wanted to try it. All I can say is, some of you make it look way too easy.

The only thing that left me flabbergasted was saves vs spells. For a good time there I was between 60-90 depending on what set I wanted to wear. At one point I was -100 and like -30 vs para, and Sherys still tore through me. Even with -80 against most mages, they still landed a good portion of spells, maybe my numbers are off...

Specs:
Polearm-Bleh, took this first, regretted it. It was so friggin hard to get kills on it, even with a pincer staff. If I had to do it all over again, prob would take it second, and not in battle.

Mace-I dont know why boneshatter would NEVER hit, I mean I'd try 3-4 times in some fights and miss every time. Other than that I love mace, Cranial is awesome.

Legacies:
Crashing: Fought people with it, took it, it's great for fighting warriors. Thats about it.
Cry of thunder: one of my fav legacies, just always a good solid way to go.
Chilling: from the RC reward. Was great for allowing me to use an EQ slot for save vs paralysis.

Thror: I know why you ignored me. I sucked, I wanted to RP being an anvil because I got beat on so much I figured Id just keep on keeping on.

Twist: Thanks for the RC reward, I was shocked and smitten for a week, then died a bunch.

Ghrimm: People give you a lot of crap, you had me at that Village proclamation. Unfortunately, youou have battle vets who are pretty much insanely rabid about their beliefs. I had a ton of fun interacting with you I don't think you ever saw it, but I did add a "thin beard" area to my description. Though how you beat me is a fluke, oh wait boneshatter... yeah

Eck: you were a cool cat. Bird, good player.

Flaayin: Slicker than a banana peel. You were downright awesome. I remember onetime I said over CB "Need bandage" to find out you had already slapped it on me, I felt so ashamed. As someone who has played many defenders, I know how annoying it can be. you were awesome just friggin nasty.

Amnacht: Just listen to me. PERFECT DASH dash + hamstring is the #### when fighting. Esp as a defender.

Rest of the village: Good luck, a few of you are vets, a few are coming back to the game. And a few of you annoyed the piss out of me, but I wont single anyone out.

Enemies:
Allysia-So many times I wanted to send you a tell about how lame fiend is for cloud giants. But I always calmed down and realized I would do the exact same. Then you killed me without it once and I decided to delete.

Jerrorkar-Wrathing weapons on an arial sword spec just turn a cloud giant into mush. You and I both knew I'd get you once. Luckily I did.

Mundin- I didn't get mad at that warrant you threw on me in Galadon with Mordekaiser. I actually laughed because it was such an insane chain of events.

Blartlem-Thanks for the fights.

I'll make something new, I think I need to get out of my warrior rut.

See you in the fields.
97912, Sorry about that.
Posted by Allysia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for keeping a level head, I know it can be hard. I hope you really didn't delete just because you lost a non fiend fight to Allysia though, if I thought that would happen I would have lost the fight just to keep a decent guy running around mixing it up.

See you in the fields.
97921, I said the same thing
Posted by TJHuron on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Mace-I dont know why boneshatter would NEVER hit"

I said the exact same thing when I played a cloud mace spec in battle.

97909, You suck. Never grew that beard you bastard.
Posted by Ghrim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was a huge fan of Throthgor.

Hope you have fun with your next.