Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Grizendird the Talismanic
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=97701
97701, (AUTO) [None] Grizendird the Talismanic
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tue Mar 1 11:29:46 2011

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Grizendird perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:invoker
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:104
97723, thanks for all the fish
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I rolle dthis char to try out a 4 path voker. After doing an arial tat dropped both lightning and water (and fought a lot of mace specs) I think anyone who does a 6 or 7 path voker is out of their mind crazy.

I tried to join scion but once I realized that Mhar only played while I was at work I prayed for an immterview. I got the interview but unfortunatly the Imm and myself had different ideas about role. Mainly I wanted my role's goal to be an ongoing thing which was what I was going to center my interactions with other scions around. The imm wanted me to accomplish it and remove all reason for playing the character (in my eyes) before even considering inducting me.

It is also immpossible to play a character that believes in sharing valueble information slowly and over time when in order top get inducted you have to basically puke it all out since you only see the person with the ability to induct once every few months. That of course if totally on my since my general play times are the sametime every day and only 30-45 minutes a day usually. I accept that CF is meant for people who can binge play but I lament the fact that cabal induction is still so piss poor for people like me. I basically don't want to play the game without a CB channel because honestly thats where I form most of my connections that cause me to play a character beyond accomplishing mechanical goals X,Y,Z.
97724, Just a thought
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You chose scion. From what you said, that's the worst possible cabal to choose given you play times, plus it's not meant to be easy to get into. They're hard to get into, and even if you are in, you're almost never going to see another one on line so you won't have much going on over the CB channel.

I assure you, you can get into other cabals far far easier, and still be a casual player with people in your cabal often awake to talk with and enjoy the game.

And as for playing a developing role, that's very easy to do. I do it with all my characters, but I always have an initial role present giving a core concept of the character. After that, let interactions/gameplay shape where it goes.
97770, RE: thanks for all the fish
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm sorry that there appeared to have been some mis-communication. My recollection of our talk was that I asked you what you were working on, you told me your plan involving gems. I asked you how rare the gems needed to be, you told me their value, and I told you to get one of them and then pray for me.

Am I on crack? Because that's what I wrote down in my notes right after we talked. I just wanted a sign you were finishing one of the first steps of your project, not the whole thing, but you didn't really log on after that. Sorry.
97778, RE: thanks for all the fish
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really did appreciate the interaction. I walked away with the impression that you wanted the whole thing not just a step. I did log on after that a lot actually at least by my definitions of a lot.

I am also still not certain that any item in the game exists that match the description of what I was looking for. A gem worth.. I can't remember if it was 30 or 40 gold... Let alone 3 different items meeting that criteria. I had made the task an immposible task in my role because I had expected to just be pursuing it for a really long time.