Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Arojy the Legend of the Battlefield
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=97136
97136, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Arojy the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Jan 21 04:54:19 2011

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Shadows
on the Theran calendar Arojy perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:103
97154, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Arojy the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Arojy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So here is where i call my end as well.

I have never strayed much away from my preference plethora of characters, but i wanted to start expanding out of my normal empowerment classes and try something new.

Each class, and specification is like a unique car, they all handle differently. As one not experienced much with warriors, but very pk successful with other characters, this was a fun and unique challenge.

Felars are very very interesting, the intelligence of a giant is incredibly frustrating, as is fire vulnerability, but he seemed to do well in alot of aspects.

I played Arojy very close to home, how i would wish to be played against. A relentless enemy, but one who had the utmost respect and honor. I took a pair of claws from a corpse once, but im fairly positive its the only thing i ever lifted, not even a weapon. I've had the same set of armor since knievo condied and i inherited his, and i was incredibly surprised as the respect shown by every enemy. (But maybe it is because all of my gear was felar only and useless to everyone else.)

I absolutely love playing characters, but the moment i hero, almost all steam and hype dissipates. I have no idea why, but this is the trend of almost every character. This is in combination with my work schedule (which forces me to play 1am-5am) and have almost no enemies now as well.

Allies:
Ghrimriddor - I didnt know much of the quest, but you seemed to be a good character and roleplayer. (From observation it seems like you let off little too much steam when you did die, which is kind of negative when in your position, but all in all i liked you.) I was very surprised at a level 25 Leader, but what disheartened me is that you just wouldnt level. Yes the PK is abundant at that rank, and all the skills of a leader tied in to that rank makes you deadly, but you should be on top, not the lowest ranked player in the cabal.

Renor - I really liked you, not only as the one who should of gotten Drillmaster, but also for all the help you would always give. You were also a tank.

Ish/Doban - We all came up together, i immensely enjoyed both of you, and greatly enjoyed every moment we could be together.

Flaaayin - You were nice when it suited you, and your traps were a great deterent. But you are a griefer char who quite frankly was just a douche to enemies, and caused alot of problems for all your allies for their frustration. You would scavenge every weapon and item, and they would just disappear. I think that is just poor. Then again i never have been much of a looter.

- As far as your #### note, I was the one who was raiding Spire. I did it even with Commander on. Why? Four raids we made on Nexus, a horde of them would come to protect the key. Not one of us would be warranted. Didnt matter.
When they had our head, they defended the Island and even joined up in a bigger horde to deter us from getting it.

I told the Commander i was taking it, and would continue taking it. Your note might be in roleplay, but your a douche.

Enemies:

Nexus - I enjoyed the lot of you, Zaka was a tough nut to crack, while Dakola. For axe spec, i have no idea why i was almost never able to hit you. Together you two were ridiculous. Loved the challenge.

Tribunal - You were the only mages to hunt, so i was relentless. I was relentless, but always Honorable.

Karak - I deleted after the death to you, and your 3/4 loot out of spite of me always hunting you. In my eyes, you fall into the category of Flaaayin. But i didnt delete because of this. My boredom and this giving me the final reason ( never been able to delete on a full good set)

The point that you would loot out of spite because i was a challenge, and to hinder me, is poor, and its funny because i would always protect your things the times you did die to me. But this isnt a rant, or anger, i just find it amusing.

I dont think you have many friends, IC or OOC with how you play Karak however.

But it doesnt matter, everyone plays for different reasons, and maybe this sort of attitude and portrayal is what gives you enjoyment, who am i to criticize?

Chow
97139, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Arojy the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Doban on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, sad to see you delete. It would have been real nice for you to stick around. I thought you were a great friend and tough as hell too. Did STSF really work well with felar int?
97155, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Arojy the Legend of the Battlefield
Posted by Arojy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Truth is, im very much in the learning stages of the warrior class, so i appreciate the fact you thought i was a presence.

STSF - Typically of battle, you have alot of spars with your enemies if you are smart, and alot of encounters as long as time permits.

When it comes to most warrior classes (fighting clouds/minotaurs/fire giants) i did notice i learned their movements far quicker then other races, however the counter of that is while fighting Mharldren(sp?) or a higher intellect race as long as i could keep the fights going, i learned their movements just as well, even if it took a bit longer.

There was multiple times fighting dark elfs i not only began to get a feel for their movements, but also had the higher awareness charge against them(learning their weaknesses etc) which gave me superiority in fights)

i didnt however ever have a time prevent them from feeling by anticipating their movements. So while i think it was incredibly beneficial to take, it wasnt a pk winner.

STSF saved my life many times, and i think no matter what race, it is a beneficial legacy. Despite low INT.

I will say i never had fires of adversity once cause a win in my favour, and i always wondered what could of been if i took both the improved parry, and improved dodge legacy.

But I wanted to see what would happen with STSF and FIRES together to see if it could overcome poorly matched opponents. Im still debating whether it was a success or not. After taking the legacies my survival rate increased dramatically, but offensively im still on the fence.