Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Rhakarthun the Uki Goshi, Imperial Shadow
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=96937
96937, (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Rhakarthun the Uki Goshi, Imperial Shadow
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 8 22:23:29 2011

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Rhakarthun perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:assassin
Level:35
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:58
96960, Good fights, as always.
Posted by Athioles on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Looking forward to seeing your next.
96958, Thanks for the fun fights and banter. Loved it! nt
Posted by Ghost.Brender on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
96959, Yeah for sure man.
Posted by Rhakarthun on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were extremely more scrappy than I expected you to be. I thought I had you on the Open plains that time but I forgot to mark you, then you beast called me in Azreth and I forgot I didn't have any potions lol, I think you chased me for a good 10 minutes.

Good luck to you though, I love well played warriors in Outtie.
96939, Had fun for the time I put in.
Posted by TripHitNdip on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Empire was just way too big for my liking. I like playing underdogs and being on with fourteen other Imperials at night sometimes just felt utterly and completely wrong. So I decided to mess with some Maran's until they got me and then delete.

Had some really fun assassinates on some villagers and everyone I fought and interacted within pk range was always postive.

My role was all about being a mole from Teth Azeleth into the Spire from birth, then a mole from the Spire into the Empire to crumble it and raise the Tribs to the highest form of order, and then screw them over with the drow. Would have been fun to play out, I just want to be on another team for now.

Ghrimriddor, Flaaayin, Arojy - Had some fun talks/interactions with you three, you were all really high on my list.

Faolai - You are a bad bad badass shadow lord, probably my most favorite I've personally interacted with since Dulmisa.

I'd like to keep it all positive, but some of you Imperials really should take a look at your actions. I saw a lot of OOC type stuff that wasn't really cool, I was dreading being in hero range and having to deal with some of you.

That is all, thanks for all the fights.

Trip
96942, RE: Had fun for the time I put in.
Posted by Thwrerrorip on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Here I was worrying over us having been giant douches. :)
I switched legwear with you and when you sacced it, I was
like okay... Then dropping and saccing all your stuff I
was thinking woah man, was it that bad? (I was there myself
recently and so was suspecting my own actions. hehe)
This at least made me feel better. You were one of the ones
who did nifty evil rp over tells while young. I thought I
was going to really get into this character as a fun enemy
when we got older. Ahh well, I get your points, good luck with
the next.
96943, Oh yeah man, not you at all.
I planned it all from the getgo. If some random Imperial was hitting the Maran when I was learning and we didn't have his item, I'd 3v1 him too, which is what I was shooting for =P I was just trying to get Koniki since he was hanging around there before you guys showed up.

Thanks for the compliments, and I'm sure we'll be interacting again soon enough. Good luck to you.
96949, Was this your first assassin? I've had a few, but never a single successful assassinate.
Posted by Vladamir on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've had some fairly tough assassins, but they were always more the "get in and mix it up" type, not the assassinatey type. Not that I didn't try, but it seemed like no matter how many stalks I had (tried everything from 3-25) it would always ALWAYS miss. How do you like the class overall?
96951, Eh, I really don't know how I feel about them.
Yeah I did a mixture of both, I just don't like how selective you have to be in the combat fights. When you're an Imperial you pretty much don't get any cabal powers, and every rager is going to have axe, mace, or polearm it seems. If not they have sword or hand and flurry/pummel ####s assassin's.

So it makes you have to judge wether you can fight or not like all within the first four rounds; and you have to stay or flee after that I personally felt like. That's the key thing I hate about assassins, because when it comes to raids/retrievals, I don't have time for that, I need to to business and have a good shot not completely based on the rng of kans/kot landing quickly. Aside from warriors though, I really didn't have any problems with any other class.

As far as assassinate goes, I never had problems with it. I assassinated ragers with 9 ranks on me even. I think I kind of have it easy in that department though because as a baby cf'r I was watching NbM play Jhalstruvv and telling me his secrets, then when I learned much more about CF down the road I was watching him play Lokaoan(sp?), Khobedi, and Ilmdrin. So I really learned the in's and out's of assassinate and all the nifty tricks quickly from him.

Assassinate is fun as hell, and I've never felt more adrenaline than when you decide to hit that button after you'd been stalking for 5-10 minutes waiting for that perfect time to strike. The playerbase is just too low for me to get that much enjoyment out of it now.

All in all, I'd rather play warriors. Although, I've never played an assassin into hero range, and I imagine martial trance + DSK + Owaza + a Buki edge would have quickly changed my opinion of them in combat. But like I said, Empire was just too OOC and big for me at the moment.