Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kezawk Aquillani the Planewalker
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=96826
96826, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kezawk Aquillani the Planewalker
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jan 1 17:20:29 2011

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Kezawk perished, never to return.
Race:arial
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:162
96889, Thanks to the Fortress Massive!
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For opening their doors and allowing a serial neutral/evil player in to their ranks. I actually enjoyed the fort and think that a lot of the preconceptions I had of it, that many have, were unfounded. There are a good share of newbs but I did not come across any who did not roleplay well and take on board things you had to say and advice you had to give.

Main reason for delete was a couple of poor Imperial interactions and getting no where with my role ideas or pursuit of Twist's religion. I then started to have other role ideas for different builds and my already small playing times got smaller as I experimented with them. This is the catch 22 situation where if I didn't mess with alts I may have got the religion or the role ideas off the ground but I knew, with my play times, the chances were slim anyway.

Thankss to:-

Baerinika - for the lastname on that fleeting interaction.
Adekar - For the induct and maranation (even if I do think it was a pity one, heh)

Chestav, Drayden, Elder Prophet and Cardinal - Fine fighting companions but I wish I could have explored some with you guys too.

Battle: Loved fighting you and tried to pick fights with the evil ones among you all through the ranks. Ohbeb you got the punking on me on eastern when I was fleeing from some full moon playing druid and I spammed west along the eastern and caught a cranial or two, a space between heartbeats and deathblow did the rest. Thank you for being a gent and not taking anything from the corpse.

Nexus: Cezmin you were cool and I liked our chats, the rest of the cabal was pretty bleh, especially the bloodthirsty flying murder gnome who abused the fact that I hunt evils and not gnomes, to always get the jump, bleh!

Scion: Mharlndarn I liked the character a lot, the RP was always high standard and the skills were there too! Nearly got you a couple of times when your bash protection dropped but Scion chancellor hps saved the day more often than not. Once you got the brooch it was just all risk and no chance of reward because in my book, it just fires way way way too frequently, like every couple of rounds.

Disori you assassinating bastard :P My 2nd assassination only since the changes to assassinate so well done sneaky bastard!

Outlander: Never saw much from you other than a few side ways attacks and catching me without servitors. Balta you were pretty cool.

Goodie conjurers; I had no idea how much fun you could be! I really enjoyed the experience. Might even make a human one to explore some in the not too distant future.

Arial conjurers are a tough gig but at hero with 1400 extra mana, I could bring a pretty mean elemental that hit damned hard and could soak up 5 or 6 unspeaks from the archmage in a raid. Is it worth it for the 18chr, probably not and there are always easier routes to take but it is in my nature to try the different ones.

Edges - Never bother with familiar agility, it is expensive and did nothing of any real worth, even with 25 dex! Wish I took battlemage training instead.

That's about it,

-----Abernyte
96890, RE: Thanks to the Fortress Massive!
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wasn't a pity maranation. I liked your role, and while you seemed to lose steam with your pking, I could tell you were trying and competent.

What was your familiar again? I'm pretty sure familiar agility gives YOU a dodging bonus based on the dex of your familiar, not your character's dex.
96891, It was faerie dragon
I thought all familiars took hits and just had dam reduction, never considered them to dodge blows.

The loss of steam was a lack of people to hunt at one point. People like duergar blades would flee/teleport/word after the first magic missile. Only ganks stayed and most got away before I could land the kill. With 100% lash I really should have gone battlemage training. I am gutted I never got to approach you and Twist about the project crossing faerie dragons with angels/cherubs. Ahh well.

-----Abernyte
96892, RE: Thanks to the Fortress Massive!
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked this character and thought he was well done. Just to echo what Adekar said, there is no reason to think it was a pity maranation; it was very well deserved. You did seem to fly under the radar a bit, but I don't see anything wrong with that. Thumbsup for stepping out of your comfort zone.

Nae-nae
96903, Low hours and odd playtimes
results in the under the radar style. Maybe I should try my hand at an AP again and build a weapon under the radar. I never thought Nae-nae liked Kezawk after the role contest feedback of not getting why I was good and it always niggled under my skin a bit that it wasn't clear enough in my role and actions, at least to you, as you were the Imm I saw about most.

-----Abernyte
96909, Bah!
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
While I didn't get an overall "this character is good aligned and fighting for the Light" feel from the role, doesn't mean that I didn't get that from the character; I'm sorry that's what stuck with you. I actually did think highly of Kezawk. If I happen to think that a role needs a bit more clarification, I don't take that over to my feelings/interactions towards the character. I really do feel you did a great job.

Nae-nae
96902, Was fun..
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Aber.. Good char.

See you on my death thread!

:)