Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Grimnel the Enraged Whirlwind of War, Drillmaster of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=96266
96266, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Grimnel the Enraged Whirlwind of War, Drillmaster of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Dec 2 17:34:19 2010

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Grimnel perished, never to return.
Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:240
96346, Had a couple apps with you. Just want to say.
Posted by Stalkinghorse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You seemed like a good drillmaster and I always felt like I was around a battlerager when you were near.
96354, Thanks a lot man. NT
Posted by Kirslamix on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks a lot man.
96312, do you mind post me a email? kokludvigsen@gmail.com nt
Posted by somene on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
96271, thanks..
Posted by villager on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
for inducting me a day before you con died...

English arent my first langue, and i suck at roleplay. And i read the hole village historie like 4 times, before i went to talk with you, and i will just thank you for not making me look like a fool, when i cannot answer some questions, i really do know the answer to (lack of english)

i dont know if you are aware of whom i am, but it was really a surprise to me you just inducted me like that.. : - )
96292, I can guess who you are
I knew you were trying, and guessed a touch of a language barrier. The main reason I inducted you there, was you showed a tonne of heart. As soon as I said do this, do that. You went and did it, you tried and tried.

And well, we all aren't amazingly skilled players and there needs to be time to learn. I would rather reward heart and commitment over powergamey anyday.

So, thats why your in mate :) Good luck!
96345, Does this feel like a Bobcat post to anyone?
He casts a magic.

Lhydia?
96267, Goodbyes
Well, Grimnel was born a long ass time ago. In my many years playing CF I had never played a Villager mainly because I am terrible with warriors, so I decided I would roll a Villager and learn as much as I could.

I was actually very happy with how he went. 50 PK kills or so and probably around 80 PK deaths :P

I somehow got Drillmaster as well which I was very happy with.

The only few gripes I had with this character that almost ruined it for me was the attitudes of other players. I have never been full looted, talked #### to or just taunted SOOOO much. A lot of it I felt was OOC and just made me feel BLEH overall. Which led to my stint a few weeks ago where I did not play much. But, I really got into Grimnel in these last few weeks and enjoyed the end.

Village itself is great, and I loved the roleplay banter I had with most of its members, and the odd tidbits of roleplay I had with various immortals. Though, I never did get my reward for killing Zubei like that anonymous IMM told me to :P But oh well!

As far as players go!

Ohbehb: You added a huge element of enjoyment in this character and I tried to step up when you died to full the big ass void that you left. You were a beast, and I could only try to keep up with you. You taught me a lot, and really helped shape my roleplay.

I'll cut them off here because I met SO many people in my 240 hours. So reply and I'll be happy to reply to you!

Thanks everyone for the fights and talks and whatever.

See you in the fields.
96268, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Hrothchuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm very glad I got to know Grimnel better towards the end there. I thought you did an outstanding job as Drillmaster. I have a hard time believing you only had 50 pks. You seemed tough as hell. You certainly added some different spice to the village. I liked your group interviewing. Very solid job. Well done and good luck on your next!
96269, RE: Goodbyes
Thanks man, I am seriously terrible with warriors :P It'll take a few more characters for me to get the hang of them for me! So i'll hopefully return to the Village soon.

I always find interviews boring so I tried to do something at least a little more interesting both for the interviewer and the interviewee.

Good luck with Hroth!
96272, Dude, the maturity level of the game/posting has dropped considerably.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Which tends to be the problem when you get more people in and lose people (such as a Jaguab, a wretchedmongrel aka Saroiya, etc) that are more mature and less vocal.

Don't let it get you down too much. Play for your own enjoyment.
96274, Just started playing again and rarely interacted but was alwas fun.
I felt like I was talking to the Drillmaster of Battle.

Thanks for making it fun.
96275, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Chertgha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have a soft spot for dwarves, especially ones with builds like yours where it really is entwine bloodthirst and live or die. I thought you were a great drillmaster letting the rest of us participate in a few interviews/fights.

See you in the fields.
96293, RE: Goodbyes
Thanks dude. I was really trying to go the angle of training everyone up to become the next commander/drillmaster. I spoke to some about stepping up and all that jazz.

I enjoyed the little arena contests we held, and I had plenty more ideas for more fun fights when we held all items and no one around to PK.

Good luck with Chertgha, and I'll see you in the fields.
96302, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Jrelou on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah... It was always fun when you logged on. It's funny how certain characters would just plain stay away when you were on. Then you would log off and they'd come knockin' at the giant. I thought you did really well as a drillmaster. I also agree that your interviews were really awesome.

GLWYN!
96317, RE: Goodbyes
Well, I hope they stayed away because of me! But I think it was more the fear of entwine at the Giant and bloodthirst :P

That'd make anyone stay away really. Thanks for the kind words, and hopefully I will return to the Village soon.
96313, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Tulesini on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That was my most bloodpumping fight in years. I had less than 50 hps at the end there. RNG went my way.
96316, RE: Goodbyes
Hah! I was very annoyed at dying there :P We just finished taking the Scepter, so I think I may have just won if I was a little better healed.

But thats the bonus of being you:P You can sneak up on people!

Good fight at any rate!
96330, I thought you were great
Posted by Anliltuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for helping me out a lot as Sarrah. She was my first bard, and first serious mortal in 18 months. I'm glad you enjoyed your character - keep rolling!

Anliltuel
Sarrah
96336, RE: I thought you were great
No worries!!

I remember I enjoyed running with Sarrah, and well Bards with any Villager are an amazing thing!
96350, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Durnto on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Enjoyed your character and our interactions. Should have gone ahead and did a rematch from your application, but I figured I had plenty more time.
Roll another villager - I need some company in the AM my time.

Durnto
96355, RE: Goodbyes
I was actually amazed I got you in our first fight :P

I was obviously quite happy I did.

I enjoyed running with you, especially at a time where well, you have to be used to being alone.

Keep it up with Durnto, and login a little more :P