Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kourin Longfarrow the Grand Master of Changelings, Captain of the Brigade, Deckhand
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=96181
96181, (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kourin Longfarrow the Grand Master of Changelings, Captain of the Brigade, Deckhand
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Nov 29 11:26:21 2010

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Kourin perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:220
96219, I enjoyed your character.
Posted by Jesmeus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my favorite character you've done so far and I enjoyed interacting and fighting others with you.
96220, RE: I enjoyed your character.
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks. I liked Jesmeus. I really liked how you went out and god back in. You were really cool to run around with.
96215, Good fights
Posted by Thrunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You were a tough one. I don't think I ever got you. I'm heavily guilty of the knocking thing, but hey, it's easier than growing wings and learning to fly which is the only other way I was going to be able to find you.

If you have some of our fights, I'd be very interested in seeing them from your perspective. Specifically I'm interested in the affects of spinebreaker and trample at hero, so if you have them and want to post them, I'd be most happy.

I think the one time you came at me near the underdark I nearly had you, but I can't recall any other close fights we had. Or at least close in which I was the one that was winning. No memory for losses and all.
96216, RE: Good fights
Man, you were tough to nail down. I didn't log any of our fights cause it was one of us running and not much else. Back breaker really just made it impossible for me to do anything for a bunch of hours. Long long time, but I couldn't use affects to see it, but it was in excess of 6 hours I think, if you didn't trample me before that happened. My tactic after a back breaker was just to fly away more of the time.
96201, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kourin Longfarrow the Grand Master of Changelings, Captain of the Brigade, Deckhand
Posted by Vourecourl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Sorry to see you go. We grouped quite a number of times and you were always up for a scrap that I could count on. GLWYN.
96203, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [FORTRESS] Kourin Longfarrow the Grand Master of Changelings, Captain of the Brigade, Deckhand
Yeah, one of my goals with Kourin was to fight lots. I think I did well with that. You were cool to run with.
96182, Goodbyes
An interesting ride. I learned a lot with this character. Lot about religions,
lot about shifters, LOTS about wands. It was way cool. For those that think
flyto/murder shifters need no skill, I beg to differ. There's a bunch of things
that come in to play. I can't think of how many times I would run out of moves,
or shifting while lagged/maladicted killed me. Maybe not the same kind of skill
but man there's a lot to think about when it gets there. I powered this one to
hero because I heard lots about mid ranks pk not being very viable for shifters.
No regen form, so I can see why people who powergame want one now.

Biggest pet peave of this character: people hitting the maran to get me to come
fight. I know we've got low numbers, but man I just hate the lack of initiative.
I don't think I did it much if at all, but it was just a think that I was expected
to come every time. It just made it burdensome after a while.

On my forms:

Falcon: This form was just awesome. Fast, and it tooled most any assassin that
I could catch out of the shadows. Lots of others too, but it did have it's
achilies heals out there. I've only experienced the Wasp, and Vulture, and this
is way above those.

Golden Jaguar: Meh. if I could ambush people it was cool, but they'd just run
afterwards for the most part. not having Fast Camo was a big detractor to it.
Damage output was ok, but no where's near the Lion or the Tiger. I think there
were a few kills I got with it. But it definitly required the bleeding and
throat edges to be viable.

Now goodbyes...

IMM's:
Thanks to Baer for the Maranization. That was cool. Sorry for the induct thing.
New leader and all, probably was just too anxious.

Thanks to Adekar for making me captain. Its the first leader I've had, and it
was cool for a bit. But I didn't see you after that.

Neltouda, thanks for the chat, it was one of the highights of this character.
I would love to role an empowered follower sometime, but our times just never
meshed after that one day. It was nice to wake up a deck hand one day and know
you were still watching.

Nnaeshuk, you rock. I am really looking forward to when you finish your project.
I hope you start up a religion, because you are way fun to interract with. Thanks
for our talks. They helped a lot.

Friends:
Chestav, you are a beast. Glad to be on your side. Thanks for the running. Keep
up the good work.

Hzerliach, I liked you, but you seemed rather new to it. Good work on the Prophet,
it was cool hanging with you.

Thraris, man you had great RP, I really liked this Character.

Thruhukk, boy I wish I could have found enough enjoyment in this char to stick out
with you. I really liked the dynamics we had.

Rest of the Fort: really full so hard to name names, but everyone I met with was
pretty cool. I really liked just about everyone.

Enemies:
Alyx, top billing. You were tough as nails. I got you two or three times, and
I don't think any of those was 1v1. You had my number just about every time.
My only qualm with you was your use of the "doorbell", and that last day, going
in and takin the Orb, kind of weak. I didn't bring a bard with me specifically
because I knew you just wanted to fight me, but Meh.

Kyrilos, oh man, we never did RP much, but the little we had was kind of cool.
I know I had your number. For the most part if I caught you out of the shadows
I could get you. Keep trucking man.

Mharlandarn, you were scary for me the first few times that we fought. I know
I didn't get you, and you got me a few times, but after I knew I could most
likely get away from you most times if I wanted to, you became a whole lot
less scary. Not much in the way of RP, and the whole "doorbell" thing just
makes me Meh.

Thrunna, My back hurts thinking of every fight we had. I wish there was an
anti-backbreaker edge or something. Good job though.

There were more, but this is already too long. Post and I'll reply.

See you in the fields.

96183, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Targrala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>>>Biggest pet peave of this character: people hitting the maran to get me to come fight. I know we've got low numbers, but man I just hate the lack of initiative. I don't think I did it much if at all, but it was just a think that I was expected to come every time. It just made it burdensome after a while.

It's not about low numbers or lack of initiative. It's just the easiest and sometimes the only way to get a fight with flyto shifter on your own terms. Also not a bad way to make shifter burn some wands and be off for some time recollecting them and be less of annoyance. Other than that I think Kourin was decent improvement comparing to your conjies. Keep it up.
96212, RE: Goodbyes
Man I hated Human Sunder.
96184, I'll miss having you around
Posted by Thraris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were the obvious choice for Captain, so well done on that. You were always at the hunt and more than not coming out victorious, so, yeah.

Anyway, loved the character, sywyn!
96213, RE: I'll miss having you around
You were a lot of fun to interact with. I was sorry that you got bit on a couple of things where I got the heck out of dodge.
96185, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Alyx on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For that last thing, well, I got tired of you always fighting the other villager rather than me, hence the knock-knock-knocking at the door.

All in all, you usually came out to fight despite the poor chance you stood alone, and you tried a few tricks including that last one with Cezmin. I rather enjoyed having you as an enemy.

GLWYN!
96210, RE: Goodbyes
You were probably the only one who had me wishing I had better forms. At hero you were monster tough. Before that I had some of a chance, but not much better. That last day was just frustrating as all hell, and I'd already started losing interest. I know I got you a total of three times, and none of those was a "fair" fight, but it was fun. My favorite was catching you on eastern almost dead with that Dive, and I one shotted you. I almost jumped out of my chair with that one.
96186, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Hzerliach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry to see you go. I'm not "new" so to speak (started playing in like 1995 the first time), just have been gone for awhile and have never been good at PK in any event.

I enjoyed our interaction and thought you were working your way into being a good Captain.
96211, RE: Goodbyes
I dind't understand a lot about your role, but you were a solid presence. I just watched you get tooled a lot, but I've had the same experience with my assassins. I wish I could have found the interest to keep trucking, but it was just gone. After that situation with the Conjurer and Baer, I found it harder and harder to log in and be a "good" captain.
96187, thumbsup!
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a very well played character. I also enjoyed our interactions. Sorry that you lost interest.

If I could give one piece of advice for the next character you play that has an accent it is this: the accent shouldn't come through when you write a note. It makes it extremely hard to read. You'll notice that Nnaeshuk writes perfectly well, but the speech is another story.

Again, great job and I wish you the best of luck with the next one.

Nae-nae
96208, RE: thumbsup!
Thanks for the info, I really had a hard time with Kourin and notes. The role being that Kourin didn't really learn to read and write until he hit the Fortress, so it was either for me in his speech pattersn or horribly spelled. I should have just roled with getting a scribe to write the notes etc....
96188, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, sorry you lost interest. You had the most important quality for a leader: heart. You actually did alright with the PK too, from what I saw, and you were always trying, always pushing people in Fort to talk and do stuff from what I saw. I wanted to get you a title but nothing clever ever came to mind.

I haven't been able to play too much in the past month or so when I'm not at work, but you made the choice on making you leader pretty easy.

I tell you this every time, but I think you could really benefit from playing something that is non-Fort for a few hundred hours! Your characters are good, but it always helps to enrich RP when you have a better sense of perspective.

Have fun with your next!
96190, RE: Goodbyes
thanks, helps. I know I should try something other than fort, but I just can't find anything that interests me as much. I've tried several but they all die out way too quickly. Title would have been a really nice part of this guy. I'm partly regretting it now, but it's done and I'm moving on. Kourin was a good ride. Thanks for helping it along.
96191, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Truhukk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Awwwww. I was counting on you being around for a while yet.
When skeptics begin to believe they turn into your most hard-core
backers. With that in mind: I kinda 'needed' you to help me get my
point to sink home. :) Other than that, it'll make Truhukk really
sad. I mean he (and I) really liked the character.

I think my favorite was the spinebreak and stand guard bit. :)
I pulled that a few time on other fort folk here and there since
then and it seems to be the most effective "actions speak louder
than words" message. You guys gotta stop deleting though, I don't
know how many more of my frenemies?(sp)? I can take losing. Even
the ones that used to be friends and are now enemies.

Best of luck with your next though. I really enjoyed the
conversations. Even when they kind of held the gist of "Good night
Wesley, sleep well I'll most likely kill you in the morning" Hehehe.
96207, RE: Goodbyes
Yeah, you were one of the main sadnesses I had at deleting. You grew on me day by day. The highlight of that was when you let me kill you on East Sumners that day. You'll notice after that, I never pecked you again. It made Kourin really re-think his stance on lots of things.

I really hope you get lots of enjoyment out of this one. You're doin a great job with him.
96192, I liked you as Kallas.
Posted by Stalkinghorse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was calling you captain at first but decided since I was a chaotic outside of the fortress I'd go all first name on you.

Anyway, I liked saying hello everytime I saw you flying overhead.
96206, RE: I liked you as Kallas.
Yeah, it was cool to always get a hello from you. I think early on I did ask you what you were going to do with your life, but it never coalesced into a real conversation... And that was pre-captain.
96209, I don't like when people ask me what Cabal I am going to join.
Posted by Stalkinghorse on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It's a very shallow and game mechanical question.

In real life you do ask children and college kids their majors or what they want to be, but you don't ask them if they are going to work for Ford or GM.

Presumably there's farming and fishing or pottery or a thousand other jobs.

A better question, in my opinion, would be, "What brings you to these woods with a bow and arrow to kill Trolls?"

That seems more realistic and conducive to RP and non-linier, non-preordained character growth.
96214, RE: I don't like when people ask me what Cabal I am going to join.
I believe the actual question was more along the lines of "What will you do with your life?" not what cabal will you join. I asked that of a couple people I thought were on the fence on where they were going in life. How you perceived the question is your own call, but I never pushed joining the Fortress to anyone, it had to be their choice.
96198, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Denawe on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the advice on wands. Nothing to show for it so far, but I'm still hopeful!
96205, RE: Goodbyes
Don't give up. You got lots of potential. You'll find them. Believe it or not, before Kourin I sucked at Wands, this was the best I've had. Glad I could help just a little bit.
96199, I had fun fighting you.
Posted by Cawr on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A same to see you go. Good luck with things.
96202, RE: I had fun fighting you.
Yeah, part of me was sad to see him go too, but the fun just wasn't there any more. You were fun to fight. Enjoyed it lots. Keep truckin.
96200, Goodbye Captain.
Posted by Kezawk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The flames that burn brightest burn out quickest. I don't get many hours a week to play but it was always good to see you about. Enjoyed our wands chats and when I saw you had jaguar I did feel sorry for you.

I have known 3 incarnations of yours now so I will likely meet you in your next.
96204, RE: Goodbye Captain.
I'm sure you will. Much as adekar keeps trying to get me to branch out, I just have lots of trouble going anywhere but Fort. I really dig it and the people I find there. You were cool, liked running with you when our times worked out.