Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ohbehb LongHorn the One-Horned, Onslaught of Imperial Oppressors, Commander of Battle
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=96030
96030, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ohbehb LongHorn the One-Horned, Onslaught of Imperial Oppressors, Commander of Battle
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Nov 15 18:18:29 2010

At 10 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Ohbehb perished, never to return.
Race:minotaur
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:392
96036, Goodbyes!
Posted by Ohbehb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know what to say, considered this a successful character in that it was extremely fun. Rolled Ohbehb on a whim with a specific build in mind that my buddy Seth kept hounding me to try, and it worked Great. Cranial and the lag so people wouldn't be able to run away while they auto trigger picked up their weapon, and heartbeats to sneak in those extra few hits, there were a few times those hits were the only ones that landed in combat other than bash, and that sealed the kill.

Ohbehb was, well..., the oldest Minotaur. Caught in the time Bubble of Veran, after whatever it was happened there that happened. He was made by the same people who made the fezard hybrids, he was the first minotaur. Eventually the magic of the bubble weakened and Ohbehb fell out. He had always secretly wanted to be able to cast like they did, they created him after all and cursed him to what he was. But, he was never able to, and so even though he wanted to feel the black magic course through him the next best thing was to feel it flow out of the broken bodies of mages he 'Crunched'. By breaking their bones open he was sure he could feel the magic flow over his body. He also was a bit of a Tyrant, made every villager that was inducted swear to his rule first, then to the village. Thought that might just cause some strife with Thror but it never really happened, heh oh well. There were a few other little quirks to him but trying to be subtle with role play doesn't couple so well with Minotaur speech.

Enlilth- Supremely awesome, overbearing and lordy at first until I think until you started to kind of get a feel for what I was trying to do, then you opened up and were ridiculously fun to follow, and still a little tyrannical during the whole thing!

Thror- Man, you are such a huge influence on the game, your followers, and the village as a whole, when you are around. Just sucks there couldn't be more of that, you made things super fun. Also, I sent those 'plans' to you Enlilth and Zulg, cause I didn't know what to do with them, so I just threw out an email to you guys hoping one of you would act on them.

Twist- Haha, after about twenty rounds of fighting you at the destructor and all the deathblows and blunt damage I was dropping on you didn't make you go below perfect health, I kinda realized the error of picking that fight! Still wiped the floor with your follower though!

Lyristeon- Thanks for the random rewards and the talks, hope I gave you something fun to watch! You gave me something fun to yell at and contemplate, crazy little imp thing!

Grimnel- Man, you are freaking great, I can picture a gruff soured resolute dwarf running around cranialing enemies whenever you log on... please please please log on more often!

Alyx, Knievo, Growwlen- Don't let me down!

Llorenthalos- My, you are lucky you stopped showing up, strange timing at that...

Ugh, so many people! I am terrible at goodbyes.

Charine- You were one of very few people to take me down solo, and man, it wasn't even really an even fight, I just got handled. Got you back that one time at the destructor though, hurray for Cranial!

Hanord- Yeah, you were the other one, man you were vicious... Class act though, and you kept a level head with me which was super cool. Couldn't ask for better.

High Priest- Great character, fun interactions.

Balta!- Hahaha, my wierd ally/enemy. Great talks, fun fights though after that first one you didn't seem to intent on suicide again.. but man, if you were prepped you were dangerous.

Cala- Great fights, great enemy.

Paralouit- WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU! You were a great foe too.

Homard- Thanks so much for inducting me, great character and great villager.

Knacnar- Didn't interact with you much at all, you didn't really seem to care... and after you pretty much cold shouldered me and stated I wouldn't get into the village till I proved something.. well, think I proved it?! Haha.

Bleh, I can't really keep going, running out of names.

Thanks for all the fun, I already have two more pretty tough builds in mind, just need to figure out which one to play next!

Chris
96038, Great Character Stompy
Posted by Svuusk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great balls to the wall rager without being stupid and dying too much. I do find it ironic you were willing to compromise with me a bit and were not so bull-headed. The 'secret' plot to purge the Spire of mages was fun though in all honesty I'd have never booted a mage just for being a mage but it made me chuckle. Again, great job and keep it up with your next character.

--Quezzumpliet (Svuusk)
96041, RE: Goodbyes!
Posted by Vourecourl on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A quality character, evil but only IC, liked the roleplay and fought with you across a number of chars. GLWYN.
96042, Good Job!
Posted by Knac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't really interact, but heard great things about you.

I don't recall anything about your induction - likely, it's about that time when we had a crapload of berserkers and I was being really hard on any wannabe berserkers.

Anyways, glad the commander after me did so damned well. Was worried that the Village may suffer after both me and Homard passed on.

Well done!
96043, Well played
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Very good job! I wish I would have come down and talked to you. I thought you did a really wonderful job. Kudos.
96067, RE: Well played
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You helped with globals!
96044, Buh bye
Posted by Chertgha on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the induct. When I saw that, and you wanted me to swear allegiance, I was slightly taken aback. But I think it really added to the RP. It as a short trip, but dammit I wanted to impress you. You were a longstanding commander that I really always enjoyed interacting with.

see you in the fields
96045, Was a blast!
Posted by Cezmin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had a blast interacting with the COW!:P I hated, really hated, the Minotaur speech, not your fault, because half the time it took me five minutes to figure out what you were saying. You had the perfect build to fight me, I almost took Fists, just because I kept getting disarmed all the time. The only time I had a chance against you solo was when you didn't have the head, then I didn't even prep to fight you. The last fight we had at the Island was probably the best I've ever done against you. GLWYN
96051, Thank you for being a proper rager!
Posted by Kezawk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And thanks for being cool about my death on eastern. I was attacked by Kotone camping the fortress, fought of one hunt, got a new servitor, Fought Kotone again, and he did the flee run thing and pressed the hunt button again, I got away pretty hurt and ran like hell down eastern. Half way through the spem I saw you on eastern but had already spammed more 'wests' and just hoped you were patrolling the eastern side but I was wrong!

Few cranials, deathblows later and my lazy archon could not keep me alive, I had no elemental at the time. Thanks for not taking anything when you realised Kotone's hand in my death all be it, my own stupidity probably had a greater hand in it.

Awesome example that villagers can still be like the old school in this modern CF age.
96053, Later Man
Posted by Growwlen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well...your rules about fighting at the village and around you drove me crazy a few times. Growwlen is all about defending the village, not about your personal RP for courage when the giant is being attacked. He would go against your wishes when this was the case, and only then. As an IC character there were times he didn't like you and just ignored you or stayed away. OOC - I liked your style and thoguht you were tough. Probably a bit too tough, but hey, you were rewarded for a lot of things I thought. Enlilth's tat is just sick, IMO.

Good job.
96055, Great fun to watch.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Watching you run around in Galadon with the wanted flag, killing the executioner solo and basically pounding the crap out of every foe in the place really epitomizes Ohbehb. You totally earned everything you received.

Well done and I wish you the best of luck on your next.
96056, Way to go.
Posted by Marin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dug the character from the first moment. Glad I got my revenge as Culeho.
96060, One hell of a class act.
Posted by KoeKhaos on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really liked you. You were courteous, while still being in role and beating ass. One of the cooler characters to interact with in recent memory.
96068, RE: Goodbyes!
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I dug Ohbehb. I did not, however, dig dying to my own tattoo. 3 chars in a row now I've had that happen to. Really not much I can say about the char Ohbehb other than this is what I thought a battle commander should be. Generally just a great char. Fun to watch, fun to fight, tough to fight. I generally knew if you were around and I wanted to start something, it was just a matter of coming up with something, and seeing where it'd go from there. So I think the jist of that is... This char made the game fun for me, and I think it made the game fun for other people. I really don't there's a finer compliment, and I hope it was fun for you. So keep em coming.

I saw you con die and I'm like... hmm we need some globals. Several of the con death globals I'd considered involved you disappearing into the pillar. While I thought it a fitting end, it's grossly inappropriate for me to suggest Ohbehb would be pillarized. So, I went with what I know best, whores for the cow! I can only hope you thought they were cool. Maybe it should've been an endless sea of mages for you to destroy, but meh, I was shooting from the hip. You can thank Nnaeshuk and Anliltuel for helping me come up with some of that.

So yeah, keep bringing chars like that. It's those guys that make the game fun for everyone. GLWYN... god I hope I don't tat you again.
96071, HAR!
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have to say that one thing I noted when playing Hanord was that Ohbehb brought back a lot of my respect for ragers. The prior leadership didn't give a flying f*ck about ganks, it seemed, and Ohbehb seemed to really want to stomp that out (literally at times).

From my overall perspective, this was a very, very good character. You had a couple meltdown moments that I noticed, but not many can say they haven't (myself included).

In some ways, I think the player behind the character getting angry/upset over something in-game is an overall sign of a good roleplayer - yes you might not be roleplaying great right then, but you care enough about this text-based character in a text-based game that is affecting you in real life.

(It also can be viewed as extreme childishness, heh.)

Also thanks for the induct as Balthudar, and thanks for nothing as Dimmigron! :P
96072, Awesome stuff!
Posted by Mhuurg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I was really hoping and counting on making drillmaster, was utterly surprised when Grimnel made it. (However after that I interacted a bunch with him and then I got it.)

Would've been interesting to roleplay the drillmaster and having that personality meltdown that Mhuurg had as a drillmaster. ;)

Anyways, awesome char! You really stomped down on ganging, and I was there to witness the whole thing, even before you were commander!
96073, Cool char, thanks for the induction. nt
Posted by Elgroth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
96095, RE: Goodbyes!
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great character with some tremendous backing from the other immortals. Everyone loved what they saw. I have to agree about my online times. They've been rather horrible due to an unpredictable work schedule.

You did a great job of Role-playing and showing off your strengths. You had a couple of rough spots, where I was certain you'd go suicidal or delete but you managed to shake them off.

I'll do my best to adhere to your requests. I think you made a fine showing of how you approached me.

Here's to you! Good luck with the next.
96101, RE: Goodbyes!
Posted by Aertia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Must say well played, and you were one tough son of a gun.
Lucky for me the few times we did fight I usually was pretty
lucky with dodgin those nasty mace DB's. A real class act
though, always considerate to even those you've slain.
Dont think there was one nexun that complained about anything
aside from how absurdly tough you were, heh... Wish our
times had been a bit closer together, lettin us cross paths
more often. Good luck with your next villager, I hope their
as tough as this one was...
96033, Glad I got you inducted!
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You did good, C-Lo. Real good.

96037, RE: Glad I got you inducted!
Posted by Ohbehb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, that was crazy, fought you on and off for ever. You wooping me, me making you withdraw maybe twice total. Then Knacnar told me to F off in no uncertain terms. I ended up going balls to the wall against you, you just happened to take a chance at the same time and the RNG favored me! Then Homard inducted me, Haha.

Still think you need to give it another go Sam, but not if you don't have time, CF needs to be a hobby or else people can lose a lot of time to the greatest game ever.
96048, This was a great induction
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If I remember correctly, there were waaaay too many Berserkers, as there always were, but I was missing Blarg and wanted another minotaur in the Village ASAP.

I 100% let Jindicho's comments get you your hut. You did not let me down.

Awesome job. I'm glad I got to interact with you a little after Homard. Everything I saw of Ohbehb was totally bad-ass.

GLWYN
96031, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Ohbehb LongHorn the One-Horned, Onslaught of Imperial Oppressors, Commander of Battle
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Class act all around. What a well played character. I interacted with you with at least three different characters. I know I got you with Miyo, just after you got me. Well done.

GLWYN