Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mazura Quintania the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=95768
95768, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mazura Quintania the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thu Nov 4 14:07:08 2010

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Mazura perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:340
95771, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mazura Quintania the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Kyanden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Didn't have a lot of respect for this character. I tried talking to you and all I got was basically #### you / ingore. I thought you were a slippery target and a smart player though. I'd be curious to know what your rp angle was though...because you definately had me stumped.
95773, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mazura Quintania the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Dervish on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thing is I really dislike talkings between enemies since most of the times it is either some tea party or something like "Har you fled! Weakling! You can not face me coward" or some other bantering. I personally consider it as bad RP, stupid and annoying. For instance, what do you expect from an invoker WITHOUT abs and cabal powers (my aura was not possible to get until 46lvl and my barrier was not easy too) against the decked Emperor?

So I ignored people who talked to me like that just to show them I'd prefer to avoid such kind of stuff and not to be bothered by me. If a one continued (like Zubei or, to some degree, you) I started to answer more harshly.

It is not my fault ignore command works only for current game session and only for tells. And from OOC perspective I believe the game should be fun for both players and if one player clearly shows another one he dislikes some certain thing, that another one should not repeat and repeat it to get personal satisfaction. From IC angle it was supported and reflected in my role as well.

When I fled from you at the Fortress and got that tell about my worrying about my trinkets I was quite annoyed by it. I fled because most of my protections (shields and something like aura) fell down and I wanted to renew them. Someone may tell whatever he wants but I believe an invoker without cabal powers and protections should not fight a Scion invoker who is protected.

Also from OOC perspective I believe fighting between two prepped to the teeth experienced invokers is rather pointless. The only good tactics I can see it to make a quicksand and then curse/damnate. But as a squite I could not curse (and please, do not tell me about that 30 lvl talisman, it's just silly). You btw can, but you did not and that make my kinda happy :P

As for my RP...I really dislike standard Fortress build like "Hi, I like Light, I like to care of people, let's keep hope and hold each others hands whilst sitting under the Watcher and talk about faith, love and kindness". Standard Fortress build who is so shiny and pure that I have to decrease brightness of my monitor, so to say.

I tried to RP bitter, angry, non-talkative fighter of the Light, who does not cares about others (in comparation to other Squires and Acolytes ofc, I helped others a lot anyway, for free etc), who does not even believes in victory but instead prefers to concentrate on hunting. I also drank, smoked and sang Ukrainian folk songs :)
Basically I wanted to be a bit like protagonists from Hollywood movies, like Bruce Willis. Well I very rarely watch such movies but I mean whilst they are against bad guys and all that jazz they have some bad traits and so on. His wife left him, he drinks a lot and something like that. That's it to keep it short...or not that short.

Anyway, good luck and see you in the fields :)
95778, I like the Anti-hero role too for Fortress or Lightwalkers
Posted by Kezawk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am just gutted you deleted as I just did a 3 day push to hero and was looking to cut some groovy shapes with you and the other Heroes in Fort!

Was looking forward to some area explore too and knowing who you are now would have been good.

Kez
95779, Cosign on this...
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Thing is I really dislike talkings between enemies since most
>of the times it is either some tea party or something like
>"Har you fled! Weakling! You can not face me coward" or some
>other bantering. I personally consider it as bad RP, stupid
>and annoying.

I can wholeheartedly accept respect between enemies by not looting. But, the hug and kiss after the fight is something that just leaves me feeling bleh.
95781, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mazura Quintania the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Thraris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
> When I fled from you at the Fortress and got that tell about my worrying about my trinkets I was quite annoyed by it. I fled because most of my protections (shields and something like aura) fell down and I wanted to renew them. Someone may tell whatever he wants but I believe an invoker without cabal powers and protections should not fight a Scion invoker who is protected.

Why would you get annoyed about something that you know not to be true? If they want to make a fool out of themselves, let them. Just don't make one of yourself as well by going along with/against it.

> As for my RP...I really dislike standard Fortress build like "Hi, I like Light, I like to care of people, let's keep hope and hold each others hands whilst sitting under the Watcher and talk about faith, love and kindness". Standard Fortress build who is so shiny and pure that I have to decrease brightness of my monitor, so to say.

That stereotype hardly ever exists. It's a cliche perpetuated by the more PK-inclined with very little basis to it. Even while talking IC, I had the impression that you didn't even begin to understand why anyone would want to be a Scribe/Acolyte (OOCly). And no, they're not at all about singing kumbaya around the campfire. That's not even (necessarily) true for Heralds. I often thought I could hear you think "why would anyone ever want to pick such 'weak' skills?".

That said, I thought Mazura was self-centered (as likely intended), but despite that, a great asset to the Fortress and a good character.

SYWYN
95782, please delete nt
Posted by MoetEtChandon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
L
95783, For once I go to defend Dervish...
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
... He has played quite a few Acolytes in the past, way more than he has played squires/marans to my knowledge.

Not that I liked Mazura though... hehehe
95784, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Mazura Quintania the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Kyanden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Alright. At least I understand a little of the reason behind your character, but I can assure you Kyanden is far "let's hold hands and talk about your experience." The comment I made about protecting your trinkets was because I realized you were not "the" typical player and actually thought about the battle beforehand. I tried stoneshattering while you had the stoneform amulet and you always had it off when we fought. Thus the comment about protecting your trinkets. It was Kyanden's way, and mine, for venting frustration. I also tried talking to you at other times to learn something about your character. I must admit I had read some of the posts on Dio's and they made you seem like a douche. I usually give everyone the benefit of the doubt and figured I'd try talking to you without much success. I just didn't like this character though I had limited interaction with them. Now that I know who the player behind the character is I can say without a doubt you bring a dynamic range of charcters to the fields and make the game much more enjoyable in the long run. I can say I hope you return soon but I'm thinking your addiction to this game is much like my own. You're already here. Good luck.