Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ralek Kinjo the Taiotoshi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=95552
95552, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ralek Kinjo the Taiotoshi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed Oct 20 04:14:03 2010

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Ralek perished, never to return.
Race:half-elf
Class:assassin
Level:36
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:92
95605, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ralek Kinjo the Taiotoshi
Posted by Hzerliach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well this sucks. I really liked this guy. I thought he was going places. I wish I had been there at the very end. I know how you felt. I had the same experience around that level. Anyway, I hope you bring back another.
95607, Thanks for the words...
Posted by ralek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yeah, I look back at the thread and realize I had something special with this guy. I was just so darn frustrated. I should have stuck it out, I know. I did like the RP that I had. It felt good, and that should have been enough for me. It was just tough eating death after death. A lot of it because I didn't prep for crap, but more than that, because the people I was fighting were really bad matchups for me, warriors that used weapons I didn't know, Orcs that permalagged me, Others who could see me, so I couldn't sneak up.... Yeah it was what I asked for I guess when I rolled the char.

But yeah, I'm never far from the Fort. I'm the Anti-Russian-Empire guy..... Serial fortie #230 for me is in the works.
95577, Good job
Posted by Nyiola on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
As a player I liked our interactions and the way you handled it things. You did a good job balancing a strict maran type viewpoint with general goodie roleplay. Way to stand by your principles even when someone is shamelessly guilt-tripping you. :)
95588, RE: Good job
Posted by Ralek on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, yeah, those were actually some of my favorite talks. I wish I had felt more like keeping him going, because after that last one, Ralek was starting to get a bit interested in you, and wanted to check on you when you were around.
95576, Should add a shout out to Adekar
that was awesome the day you promoted me. Was one of the neatest experiences I've had thus far. Kudos for the coolness of the way you did it. Made the next 21 hours mucho enjoyable.
95592, RE: Should add a shout out to Adekar
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Sorry I didn't have a chance to talk after--I wanted to do that other guy too and then I was at work so I had to get going. I'm always happy when my times match up with someone I've had my eye on and there's a good situation to reward them for their behavior.
95593, RE: Should add a shout out to Adekar
It was an awsome experience. I was really hoping to get our talk later, but I understand how things end up. It was just too hard to keep going when I lost like 4 or 5 in a row this last weekend, and none of them were even close. I really probably should have stuck it out, cause from an RP perspective I dug him up until that last 5 or 6 hours. Ah well. Hopefully I can bring something else back that's as good.

Really wish you'd do a religion though. You and Nnae-Nnae...
95573, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ralek Kinjo the Taiotoshi
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn! I really, really liked Ralek, so I'm sorry to see the deletion. Anyhow, big thumbsup on what I saw out of Ralek.

Nae-nae
95575, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Ralek Kinjo the Taiotoshi
Yeah, RP wise I liked him. Its the fastest Maran I've ever been able to do. Just mechanics wise, I wasn't clicking. I suppose I should have just stuck it out. Meh. No reactivation on this one though. I really liked the interractions with ya. Keep it truckin.
95566, This makes me unhappy :(
Posted by Thraris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Whats up?
95568, RE: This makes me unhappy :(
bad mojo. I got tooled left and right when I hit 35/36. I had great interactions with a whole bunch of people, but man did I suck after getting to that rank. I was feeling really burned out. I wanted to try to get assassinate up, but everyone I had to fight either had someone with them that could see me, or themselves could, and those who couldn't when I did try an assassinate, I got schooled bad. Mostly because I don't prep for crap. It just wasn't feeling right for me. I know lots will be mad for me deleting, but I just wasn't into him any more. Liked you a lot, you had great presence.