Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectGone for good now!
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=95522
95522, Gone for good now!
Posted by Thnoumundin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, this will appear as a rage deletion, but this time it is not rage deletion. At sunday, I'm leaving to Thailand for 2-3 months (or maybe even more). There I won't have time/possibility (and I sincerely hope desire too) to play, so deleted! I've planned to delete in 2-3 days from now, but since I went berserking/death mode, I decided not to bring other players with me and deleted right away.

To immortals: thank you for the second chance. I know it brought a lot of whines and I'm sorry for that. As it appeared later, our times really didn't mix at all. Either it would be 3-4 am for me, either 6-7 am for you. So, I was wrong when I was blaming you and I apology for that.

Immortal who ate my immexp and unempowered me - personal thank you for not denying. It was interesting to regain empowerment. Funny, but I wrote role chapter about death and RoTD offline, logged in... and found myself in RoTD. Thoughts are material :)

Adekar, I was completely wrong about you when I've deleted for the first time and now I am completely understand you. You and Khasotholas both are best immortals I ever interracted in CF during those years. I hope thing that I've sent you will not just disappear and someday I will see it :) Thanks for amazing immterractions, pity there were not much of them - but WAY more than I ever had with other immortals.

Farewells:

Targrala - you are the best blade in game :) It was good to run around with you. Keep trucking!

Jharazoul - great character, well done. I knew I can't be HP after this ####, so expected you to take the seat. Never did regret that, well done.

Drathia - I didn't see much from you, but also think you are great one. Best shadow in Empire I have seen in years. Sorry for bringing you to death, my bad and only my :(

Zuka - we really had fun! Good work, sorry for killing you yesterday, but we had no choice. I shouldn't dispel your flight, maybe, but I'm an evil imperial shaman... I should do that :)

Shiloh - I think you can make your good unholy. Too bad you are in the chasm :)

Cala - I think I could save myself that time, but for some reason I didn't want to even bother. I knew that it was my last day in the game and went berserking mode. This savage blow is terrible, though.

Tiria - kudos for bringing ooc #### ic. Worst RP I ever seen, biggest ####ass I ever meet in game. You are one of those three whining forum champions, congratz.

To other forum warriors - don't even try to bother trolling, I don't care for you. I only feel sorry for you, poor beings.

I know I forgot many many many good players, who didn't care much for the deletion #### and who understands that we all can do mistakes. I thank you all for making game great and interesting - good luck to you all, and maybe see you all in 2011 or 2012 year!

If I didn't mention you - please forgive me and post something, and I'll answer you (but not after sunday) :)
95601, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Ohbehb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
All in all, not a bad character in those few instances I actually got to interact with you. Decidedly evil and very imperial like. Though those few times I interacted with you didn't make up for your instant log outs whenever I would log on, unless you had two or more imperials with you.

As for the deletion reactivation

I gave you a bit of hell in character, and that was probably wrong of me, but I didn't even realize I was doing it until the interaction was already over, for that I apologize.

I don't think people reacted so negatively because you did it, I think rage deleting and reactivating happens from time to time. I think people reacted poorly because of the fit you threw on the forums, then the subsequent reactivation After you had found out from a few imm posts that they were planning rewards for you.

After that happened, and people looked down on it, you instantly started to post with your known handle (bad idea almost all of the time) and began to call everyone else a whiner... which is what you embodied with every post of your rage deletion/reactivation.

Next time just try to keep that at a minimum and I am sure you will shine (and don't log out when things aren't in your favor, truck on, imm's and players alike love and respect that toughness).

Good Luck with everything.
95565, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Skezok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Even ignoring the whole delete, out yourself, and start playing again ordeal and that you seem fused at the hip with a certain blade, this character left me with a bad taste. I felt like my reward for constantly fighting you at bad odds and in bad situations was rewarded with you almost full looting me when I finally made a mistake against you and that thief. Granted we are both evils, but that really felt like a #### move especially when I'm pretty sure you couldn't use a single thing you looted from me. If you ever return you might want to research sportsmanship.
95578, RE: Gone for good now!
Man, I really did respect you. But I was naked after getting full looted/sacced, so I took things that I did need. Sorry for that - but rememmber, I am evil. I did what I should :) Hope you wasn't pissed too much!

I still remember how you alone got three of us running. Good char, and good luck with it.
95589, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Skezok on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Ahh that makes more sense, still thought you had your uber set didn't get a chance to look at you. GLWYN then.
95554, I really liked your char.
Posted by Mhuurg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And the stuff on the forums, #### happends. Your RP was awesome so that makes up for it. I don't think I would have stuck it out for 240+ hours without full empowerment. :D
95551, Thank goodness.
Posted by Jerohk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Based on the whole "If you don't have anything nice to say...", I was tempted not to post at all, but decided to voice my opinion, yet remain relatively civil.

Honestly, I probably wouldn't have minded the character, but unfortunately after your first deletion, posting, & whines, I don't think I've been able to actually interact with the "character". Instead, I very quicky developed a hatred of whoever you are playing the character.

Everyone can have a bad day, but your posts pretty much are along the same lines of what Seraana did to Svuusk, and I can't stand that. Secondly, after you reactivated, you were so obsessed with my having "cheated" somehow, and your personal opinion of punishing me that when I did die to you...pretty sure we've had the conversation of paladin vs. shaman not being a good matchup for the paladin...and getting full-sacced, I decided it just wasn't worth playing the game with you.

All in all...no matter how people act, this is a SOCIAL game. If people put a little effort into being civil to the other players, I think everyone can have a little more fun.
95547, Re: Tiria
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Tiria acted as her God strongly suggested she do.

She is sphere Honesty, and Twist really hates deceivers. Since, you know, deception is what has killed the world a few times and such.

So when you deleted and reupped and I was too late to throw my vote to deny in (by the time I realized you'd re-activated, it had been like 3 days), I decided that Twist would see that as a deception, possibly the prelude to something larger ala something Jullias was up to.

So I explained it in an IC way to Tiria about how you somehow managed some deception to make everyone believe you were dead yet get yourself revived by the town healers. I suggested she look into it.

I snooped your interactions with her as she did so, and you were perfectly IC as an arrogant orderly evil dude.

But she was perfectly IC, too. And that ended up with you two being enemies.

So you can complain about many things about Tiria, perhaps, but you can't complain specifically about HER bringing OOC to the game. She was following her role to the letter and keeping it all IC.
95561, RE: Re: Tiria
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>
>So when you deleted and reupped and I was too late to throw my
>vote to deny in (by the time I realized you'd re-activated, it
>had been like 3 days), I decided that Twist would see that as
>a deception, possibly the prelude to something larger ala
>something Jullias was up to.
>
I too am sorry I missed the vote to deny.
95563, RE: Re: Tiria
Posted by sleepy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If you, Twist, Enlilth, and Adekar all were pro-deny, then who were the Imms that were honestly for him coming back?
95564, Basically.
It was the imms who were online at the time the decision was made. We may not always agree all the time, but the imms who are online at the time a decision has to be made will ALWAYS get the final say. And I definitely support that. If they are putting in that time, they should have that say.
95597, This.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Also, it wasn't like I super uber cared - if I had a really really strong opinion, 3 days or so of him being active wouldn't have stopped me from denying him later.

Basically it was like "Huh. That's kinda annoying."
95583, F...ck u!
I remember immterraction with you - it was great. But saying that you missed voting - damn you :)

But I've learned the lesson. I will NEVER post farewells until my death thread will appear on officials. If i will have time to play.

and thanks for 50 golds, I still rememer them ;)
95595, Heh.
That's good to hear. Good luck.
95581, That was bad.
Really.

Brining OOC #### into IC, when you know it was a mistake was a bad style.

You killed fun of not only me, but some other players.

Bad move, sir twist. You shuold know people better, and learn to forgive mistakes. You are an imm, after all.
95584, At the same time, you should realize that you made a mistake and suffer the consequences
Posted by Knac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It seems that you do understand that you got out pretty good with the entire deletion thread - what, with role rewards, custom titles, etc.

You made a huge glaring mistake - you can't expect to get off scott free. What consequences were there? Only thing I can think of was Twist's interactions.
95590, No, you were bad
Posted by Zulghinlour on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And next time something like that happens I won't hold back and I'll just deny the person. You don't get to throw a hissy fit in a deletion thread and then reactivate. Period.
95594, So thats FIVE dominant IMMs that wanted him denied...did someone call a one man vote or something? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
95596, That's what happens when the council isn't full.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Poor us.
95598, yes and no
I still think you did a good thing giving me chance. Nothing terribly bad happened, except for tonns of whining and flame.

But guess no good thing goes unpunished :)

So thank you for not denying me and don't listen those barking dogs. I, and many other players, would not care if someone else deleted and reactivated.

Also, argument about revealing player behind the character... What do they know about me, except that I've played another shaman in 2006 year? :) I'm pretty sure they know other players behind other characters right now, and it's not a problem.

Anyways, sorry for all the troubles.
95599, it has less to do with you specifically and more to do with the situation
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is a consistancy issue not neccesarily just you making yourself look like an idiot thing.

A number of players have been denied for doing far less in terms of revealing their characters in the past, myself included. I can't speak for everyone but for me the issue is that I did something far less revealing (responding not anon to a log post by accident which was deleted a few hours later) and lost a 40 hour investment because of it. The double standard just rubbed me the wrong way.

The only major time I have seen an exception made for this rule was for Elhe and only after his char had been active the better part of 2 calander years. Even then a lot of players were not kosher with it even with a very legimate reason.

I must admit it is refreshing to see that for the most part the immortals agreed with the players, I am curious though as to which ones gave you the thumbs up. My bet is Iunna was one of them because she seems like a softy.
95600, I didn't talk of myself.
But I think that immortals did a good thing and hopefully it's a sign that CF will become more friendly to the players and their mistakes.

You are making a PROBLEM from not a problem situation. It wasn't so dramatical or terrible things.

And if "players were denied for less", maybe now they will not get denied and will keep playing and brining fun to the game.

Only hysterical morons did care for my deletion and returning, and other players kept playing, interracting and having fun.

CF is a game, not a ####ing army.
95602, RE: I didn't talk of myself.
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you realize that several of the very level headed imm staff were not kosher with what you did. It was not just hysterical morons. The fact that you still can't own up to the fact that you were entirely at fault for the impression people had of you is indication that you don't get it.

you answer should be only, I am sorry I blew up like that and I appreciated the opportunity to have a second chance. Calling people who are very much in the right to be critical of what happened hysterical morons just shows you don't realize what you did was really wrong.
95604, RE: I didn't talk of myself.

>you answer should be only, I am sorry I blew up like that and
>I appreciated the opportunity to have a second chance.
>Calling people who are very much in the right to be critical
>of what happened hysterical morons just shows you don't
>realize what you did was really wrong.

Seconded.
95545, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'm glad you had fun. I had fun with our interactions--I wish our hours hadn't required that one of us lose some sleep to talk so often.

As I said below, if it had been up entirely to me I would have denied your character, but I hope you don't take that as a criticism of your skill. Every interaction I had with you was fun, and every time I gave you a task you exceeded my expectations.

You can email if you have more questions. Have fun in Thailand!
95562, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Enlilth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>
>As I said below, if it had been up entirely to me I would have
>denied your character, but I hope you don't take that as a
>criticism of your skill. Every interaction I had with you was
>fun, and every time I gave you a task you exceeded my
>expectations.
>
>You can email if you have more questions. Have fun in
>Thailand!

I echo this entirely.
95579, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Thnoumundinating me on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I know you are hating me :)

But that's ok. I'd deny myself too, if I would have a chance to vote.

Sorry for all the troubles.

Next time I delete... I will NEVER post until my death thread appears on the officials.

Cheers :)
95580, Damn whiskey! (nt)
95543, thanks
Posted by Cala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
After I dropped link (completely on the level, btw (I was at full health when I lagged out)) and you didn't kill me I was very grateful. Of course I acted ungrateful afterward, but I hope I got across that that was RP. Me, the player, thinks that was a stand-up move. It's funny, but after a couple unlucky herbs, and the run-in from your friend, you still almost killed me.

Have fun in Thailand and, again, thanks.
95540, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked impaling you :p
95542, That was funny
Posted by Uial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Great 'shake my head in dismay' moment.

@ Thoumundin - Despite anything that happened on the forums, I liked the character. Thank you for requesting that song.
95582, Yeah :)
You are only one elf that I didn't hate :)

Great char, and great songs!
95539, Personally
Posted by EXB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I thought you were a douche. And what you claim as ooc being brought ic is just how narrowsighted you are. There was a requirement to have some kind of explanation of how you fooled the realms into thinking you were dead and then managed to become about again. As in, you should be thanking the imms in that regard. I know from several personal experiences IC that a lot of this came directly from the pantheon, but yeah... if anything, you kept it ooc by not running with it.

In the end, your character rubbed me wrong in every way. Glad you're going on vaca
95538, You sure? You were about to get a tat.
What you did was super lame and you shouldn't have even been allowed to reactivate after posting here, no idea how you got a nifty title and full empowerment after bitching out Adekar the way you did. Like I said before, IMMs stated that the policy was if you post here the character is done and can't be reactivated. Then...renigged on it I guess? And rewarded you? More power to you.
95544, RE: You sure? You were about to get a tat.
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I wouldn't say he was really that rewarded, like the hysterics keep waving their hands about. It took him 240 hours to get full empowerment, a lot of that with a mocking title.

He never got any imm exp for anything other than a few later role additions. There are a lot of people that play this game that are accustomed to getting far more than that with a lot less effort. There are a lot of people that would throw a fit if it took them that long to get full empowerment or if they received a title half as insulting.

My vote when it came up on the reactivation was for him to be denied but other people with more experience disagreed. I thought it only fair that if he were to be allowed to continue playing to take his OOC forum actions and things said while drunk and/or angry with a grain of salt and not passive-aggressively take my desire that reactivators be denied out on him. I can't help but think that anyone else in a similar situation as him would wish to be treated the same too.

I don't want his graveyard thread to turn into arguments about the history of policies regarding similar situations, so this is the only time I'm going to post about it.

95555, You guys supply plenty of ammo for the hysterics.
Posted by Kadsuane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Rules should'nt be overlooked for people/characters that are liked. And if you don't want to get into a discussion about policies.. why not just STFU?

95558, Adekar is making a fair point.
Posted by Vintus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you should behave yourself and be more polite in the forum to which you're a ####ing guest, ####wad.
95560, Coming from you...
We can take that as a compliment.
95585, I hate you too :)
Posted by Kadsuane on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
No really.. I do.
95557, RE: Policies
A lot of the OOC badness resulting from situations such as these IC could be avoided if IMMs stuck to policies they officially put in place on these forums. It is difficult to relate things in character without going OOC that you read were okay to do on Ask an IMM or Gameplay, such as characters who know Thnoum reactivated or other various IC issues.

I'll leave with that said so as not to stir this pot or others, and not because of your veiled threats to my current.
95559, You know, Lhydia DID post about the same topic on Gameplay
Posted by lurker on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And YOU PEOPLE (heh) have ignored it. Maybe by addressing it there it won't spill as much over here.
95534, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Targrala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn, I'm so sad to see you delete.Even to see you finaly delete. For long, long, long time you were my only competent ally, first as healer then as Thnoumundin...I will surely miss you. I so hoped you'll stick with it till...well I dunno...till Targrala deleted maybe:)Oh well...at least Empire doesn't lack now...Anyway you'll be missed and #### all the haters.
95536, So he played a healer that logged with you before this?
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's funny, how do you know... I didn't catch him saying anything similar anywhere at all in any of his posts or his goodbye thread....

Straaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaange...
95537, RE: So he played a healer that logged with you before this?
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Because he posted eariler when he delrted both Chars in a rage, that he was both characters. Then later re-activated the shaman and let the healer stay perm death
95546, I like and respect you ordasen...
Posted by N b M on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
So I am only going to say that I disagree with this statement and it being the reason why, and leave it at that.
95548, You are getting too predicatable
Posted by Targrala on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
with your Russian conspirancy theory. That got old long ago and too boring now. Find something else to whine about maybe? Might be entertaining.
95553, Actually, I cought this too. That healer and him being the same player.
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was quite obvious.
95556, You are wrong
Posted by Nightgaunt_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
He clearly stated that he also was the healer in his first death thread.
95586, The dude definetly said he was playing healer and shaman Divines at the same time, I complained about that being gay too.
Clearly the perma was lacking a healer or summoner and they needed both.
95533, a few things I couldnt say IC....
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For starters, I think it was complete horse#### what you did deleting the char, finding out here "oh I was going to get this and this" and reactivating... The imms never should have allowed it...

That being said.. I am not here to flame you.. whats done is done..

I liked your char, you were one of the few who would just come and fight no matter what... so I tried to return the favor... the one time you got me is only because I stayed too long being rotted and after I was forced to fallback, I didnt have enough mana/move points left to get to my "secret survive rot prep" so I died...

and kudos for putting up with the assholes who decided to talk smack about ooc subject ic... that is bad rp...

Also enjoyed your cocky/evil rp... you pulled it off well...

Good luck with future... and hope to see you back in the fields.. just next time dont do a goodbye thread until it is goodbye ;)

Balta
95529, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Thraris on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Let us leave the past be the past and focus on the well-played character I thought Thnoumundin was. You were skilled and ultra alert, which meant stealing from you was exceptionally hard. Or even be around you, for that matter. I hate illuminate and all that! ;)

The forum freak out was bad, but we're only human, and the char definitely made up for it!

Good luck with what's up next and don't come back with a wife.
95530, RE: Gone for good now!
Thanks!
You was very wary too and difficult to catch :) Liked you, though I think you must be a bit more agressive/persuative.

And I have a wife, we are going together :) Thanks for warning :)
95524, RE: Gone for good now!
Posted by Kyanden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't care much for what goes on the forums...but I hate characters who abuse the ignore command. You attack...I drive you off repeatedly. You mention something about me being a coward when I never fled nor retreated. Then throw up ignore. If you want to banter then do so....but don't be a douche. Other then that I didn't have much interaction with you other then you almost immediately fleeing after every battle. Good luck with your endeavors and I hope you return soon as something eeeeevil that lives in a dark cave in a desert!
95527, I disagree!
I've raided, was trying to get you inside. Got hurt and left, and you recalled couple of times, I believe. After that followed normal conversation, until you went to Archmage and called druk'trars. Why would I go inside?

--------
People near you:
(PK) Thnoumundin Above the Chasm
(PK) Kyanden The Shroud of the Unspoken
A shadowy Nightwalker has some small but disgusting cuts.

<963/976hp 783/956m 1020mv 10 PM>
The wind swirls with an unnatural rigor, making you shudder.
The chilling breeze scratches you.

You tell Kyanden 'Goins t' sit ders?'

Kyanden tells you 'I take my time. There i no rush to kill you.'

You tell Kyanden 'Yeh cornereds.'
(no, I didn't say coward. I said cornered.)

Kyanden tells you 'This coming to the one who has worded twice.'
(from quicksand, when got dispelled fly and cursed)

You tell Kyanden 'Retreateds, buts no fled.'

You tell Kyanden 'Yeh, because yeh sittin behind Archmage. Talkin like paladin, yeh do.'

Kyanden tells you 'You bore me.'

You tell Kyanden 'Very wells.'

You are now ignoring Kyanden.

---

Seriously, if I bore you, we should stop conversation.
I've ignored about 3 or 4 people in life of this character (and this is the first character with which I found ignore command, I think).
95532, RE: I disagree!
Posted by Thiefy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's an appropriate use of ignore I think.

Oh, btw, yes, I did steal your ivory amulet (while you were in Hamsah) :)

Good character - that last stint in Hamsah pissed me off, but I guess I don't know as much about imperial law as I thought (or you Russkie Empires are dead wrong).

Gluck in Thailand!