Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectThwartilkan is gone
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=95312
95312, Thwartilkan is gone
Posted by Sugabear on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
The character started to lose its appeal as soon as Nexus started to get flooded with members. I tried to stick it out and enjoy it as much as I could, but it just got to be a chore for a bit. Then when there was a vote for new leaders, it sparked a bit of interest again. I didn't think I would win the vote, so after losing the vote, I decided to play a session and see how it went. The fun was gone. So I opted to delete instead of holding onto some gear that other people could make use of. I am fairly bad at the whole goodbye thing, but I will try to respond to anyone who replies, though there are a few who stand out and I feel the need to acknowledge.

Cezmin: You were one of the first and most consistent friends I had with this guy. I love your rp, and its sad that for the last long time our playing times have not overlapped. Good luck with such a good char.

Sufu: After Cezmin, you are my man. We did our fair share of damage to whoever we could when it came to it. You had a much more "dwarf rage" approach to Nexus then I did, and I think we balanced well with each other. Keep up the good work, and I hope you get a leader spot if you stick with the char.

Tiria: You are a ####ing machine. You kill and kill and kill and die and kill again and die and kill and kill. Non stop, always on the hunt and whooping someones ass. It is unreal. I personally disliked the way you made so many fights while the balance was perfect, but at least you had very solid RP reasoning for it, so it made me dive right in with you at times. I hope you get a leader shot before con death.

Ohbeb, or however you spell it,: My favorite enemy. I always avoided ganging you if I could, because I hate to resort to that for a good opponent. You would basically just pummel me every single time we fought, but I tried to fight you alone as often as I could. Just by logging in, you shift the entire playing field of the Battle/Nexus conflict. A great char, and a great leader.

To the rest of Thera, thanks for showing me some cool stuff here and there. And like I said, if you respond I will reply
95348, RE: Thwartilkan is gone
Posted by Zuka on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for help with wands and stuff, always liked you.
95350, Glad you final found your black.
We spent countless amounts of time scouring all sorts of random ass places looking for that damn wand. Makes me wonder if half those spots are even wand spots after all. Good luck with the rest of the char.
95338, Solid.
Posted by Grimnel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked you.

IC there was the obvious disgust and hatred but Grim had respect for you. You always put up a fight, which got you killed plenty, but showed plenty of guts too.

Once you got your nice set going at the upper 40's you became a lot stronger, and our fights began to get a lot closer, then you got your wands and well. Hastened fox has it all over Grimnel, so thirsting was all I could really do along with boneshatter.

That almost evened out the melee anyway.

A well played character, while I didnt really roleplay with you, it is not Grimnel's persona to roleplay with the people he'd rather break their skull with.

:)

GLWYN and well played.

Grim

95339, Thanks, I am a fan of Battle, and dwarf rage!
You never missed an entwine at the giant, ever. And every single time it got me killed. Even through full wands and almost 1300hp, you would get me. But yeah, it started to get closer at the end.

The angry raging dwarf rp is great. I would have a hard time pulling it off cause I hate dying if there is something I can do to avoid it. Sometimes I just shook my head watching you burn through 1-4 deaths in a single sitting. Keep up the good work as Drillmaster.
95333, For anyone who likes to collect contact info and all that jazz,
Feel free to drop an email, just say something about CF in the subject. ace427@hotmail.com

See you in the fields.
95331, RE: Thwartilkan is gone
Posted by Cezmin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wow, this makes me super sad. I'm glad you were the first mage I bonded with. You were super knowledgeable about playing a shifter and I never worried about what you were doing. I'm still trying to figure out this warrior stuff. You did all the little things that make playing fun. You always were looking for ways to return the balance.

It made me sad when that our playing times didn't mess up at the end. Makes me wish I had talked to you more the last time I saw you, oh and thanks for the last gift. I could go on an on about all the things you did that made CF fun, just know that I will miss Thwart. I hope to interact with your next one.
95328, I liked the char ooc
Posted by Balta on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Always would take shots at you... mainly because I specifically remembered you raiding the huntress when Balta was too young to strike back and being very pissed about it, so I took every chance to go after you, granted it was never on water, so I dont think there was too much the fox could have done about it... but good job on getting away every single time ;)

glwyn

Balta
95329, Fox v Dolphin
Dolphin sucked for fighting people in my opinion. Most people were afraid to tangle on water because the dolphin used to be so badass. Now it is fairly bad. The fox was way way better for fighting people.

Also, I enjoy your char as well. Druids are always scary to me, no matter what I am playing because they have so many dirty nasty sups they can do. Keep up the good work for one of the only active outlanders.
95334, You're crazy. Other than Walrus, Dolphin is the best water form.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I nearly killed a crazy-charged up Gzurweeg with a Dolphin when me and Crafted tried to gang him.

DOLPHIN POWER.

Seriously, no idea why you think Dolphin sucks.
95335, Was that after or before the revamp of water forms?
I got evaded a lot as dolphin. The only time I could consistantly hit someone was when I had about 5 or more lvls on them. Other then that, it was a lot of spam of dodge and parries etc. The fox fared quite a bit better against everyone I fought then the dolphin did.
95336, Was that after or before the revamp of water forms?
I got evaded a lot as dolphin. The only time I could consistantly hit someone was when I had about 5 or more lvls on them. Other then that, it was a lot of spam of dodge and parries etc. The fox fared quite a bit better against everyone I fought then the dolphin did.
95322, Noooo!
Posted by Thnoumundin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really thought you will be a leader. Amongst 99% of nexus, you and one more character (active now, will not mention) looked most balanced. Probably you should be a bit more active/commandly, though...

Guess water form wasn't very useful for you, too (with your playing style).

Play imperial someday ;)
95324, Water form wasnt bad,
It was just a lot of different things. I really like your char. And it really is just poor showing from most of the playerbase to hate on you the way they do. Keep it up, and I hope you get Emperor.
95332, This doesn't really matters :)
Posted by Thnoumundin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the good words :) I do not really care for the "showing", I know what is possible and what is not. I really do not care for it, having fun as where I am. I'd like to exchange contacts with you - send me e-mail to contacts@planewars.com! I'll be gone for a year or more after this one, but I'd like to keep connection with playing persons :)
95317, RE: Thwartilkan is gone
Posted by Sufu on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bah, I somehow guess this would happen... you did mention it one or two times IC... We had some good times runnin around together, battling it up for the balance.. though our views are quite different sometimes.. we did get along well.. good luck with your next!
95316, RE: Thwartilkan is gone
Posted by Karlim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Okay, this sucks! I really enjoyed Thwartilkan, and knew that when you would be around, it would be fun times. Thanks for all the help with gaining the levels! Really was hoping to see you when I got stronger cause surprisingly, our forms really meshed well together.

Good luck with your next!

Karlim
95325, Its too bad you came around so late in life
Croc + dolphin = win for basically anything related to underwater. Glad I could help some with the tedious ranking and what not. Wish I woulda got to see what offensive form you got to pair with croc. Like the char alot, since you had a very similar view about Balance to mine. Keep up the good work with the old felar shapeshifter.
95314, Nexus sucks as a cabal. n/t
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fdhy
95326, Find someplace else to throw a fit
Just once, ever for the history of everything, don't try to hijack a death thread or use someone elses death thread to complain about stuff like a ####ing prick. Thanks.