Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectHerethon has kicked the bucket
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=95307
95307, Herethon has kicked the bucket
Posted by Herethon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well that was a wild ride. Towards the end I just sucked, plain and simple, I got bored, hated gathering wands. It didn't help that Bigglepot kicked my ass up and down with golden eagle + growling wolverine. I really really like what imms have done with lower tier forms. I used every single form practically for one reason or another and it makes it so much more enjoyable.

I made a shapeshifter because I haven't had one in a while and never had an airform before. Subsequently I got vulture someone said it was decent. They were a liar. vulture is a terrible form, assail is meh it only works if they are writhing or worse and even then just flee a couple times and you are fine. or you can even flee/quaff flee/walk and you get out really easily. It also doesnt work against someone with the feign weakness edge, which I think it should. If someone is flopping around faking convulsions then it should def cause the vulture to assail them.

Grizzly bear is alright, it tanks like a rock and I took an edge I thought would help, it really didn't. If you don't have barrier on this form you are gonna get run through real real fast. Furor might be one of the most useless skills in the game, rake is a better bet 99.9% of the time.

Goodbyes:
Adekar- you the man, thanks for giving me a shot at Maran/Captain. you watched me like crazy and slapped me around a lot which I think made me 100 times better.

Nae nae-Awesome. I am so glad that a heroimm is getting involved in it, just picking your brain and bouncing back ideas with you helped flush out this char.

Scar-Thanks for that interaction in the Fort. I was going to devolve into a follower then I realized how much I hated the char and it would have seemed rushed.

Mortals:
Khendel: You are the bee's knees. Huge fan, one of the few who can use armadillo and ram and kick ass doing it.

Hzerliach- You've come along way assassins can be rough, but it seems like you are getting it down pat.

Mazura: You know soooooo friggin much about the game but man do you not like taking that extra step. You could easily go down as one of the best forties in a long time if you didn't brush off people's attempts to get you to step out of your "must have every nice item in the game" shell. I'd seriously like to ask you if you enjoy the game? anyway thanks for all the help, not just for me but for everyone.

Vour- Solid paladin good luck, hope you get Captain.

Jesmeun (sp?)- While I appreciate what you are doing, you really annoyed me. Then your note that basically distorted our conversation really pissed me off.

Enemies-
gvantulak-Good luck, empire is gonna be friggin nasty in a week or two.

Ohbehb- I couldnt do anything to you. Pretty muched kicked my butt anywhere we fought. I had to resort to ganking you and even then I died... ugh.

Tiria- Ew the hunt, if I saw you on pk my next command was "time". I finally sorta figured it out how to run like a girl from the hunt. I cant believe you didnt die the other day-yes vulture is that bad.

Karicel (sp?)- Dude your iceneedles blew me up everytime. It wasn't fun fighting you at all.

Nexus in general: I really dont like any of you. Except yohnerk and Cezmin you were cool in my book. The rest of you just seem like a "lets kill everything" type of crowd. And before you get all riled up, I've had a Nexan leader before and I know how the cabal works.

To all of you that bitched about me and my ganking or attacking when wounded. Yeah, its the only way I could get kills even with a/b/s or some combo of that my forms just weren't good for a straight out brawl.

I've probably forgotten a ton of people but ill respond accordingly.
95395, RE: Herethon has kicked the bucket
Posted by Hzerliach on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Thanks for the fun times. I enjoyed our interactions, such as they were. I think you did well trying to teach Squires. I will never be an elite PK'er thats for sure but your advice (and Mazura's) has been helpful. Will be interesting to see how the next Captain takes what you started and runs with it. I would love for all four positions to be filled once so that we could really get into some good Maran v. Acolyte friction but oh well.

95352, RE: Herethon has kicked the bucket
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
It was nice watching your character grow and I'm glad you enjoyed my presence. You took criticism very well, always improved on what we spoke about, and I think you were a good leader for Fortress.

Good luck with your next!

95343, Aww drat!
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is sad to see, although I had a feeling it had been coming for a while now. I was hoping the uninduction and the the title might get you pumped up and we might see something fun happen with the character. I really liked Herethon from early on and thought you did a great job.

See you around, chief!

Nae-nae
95330, RE: Herethon has kicked the bucket
Posted by Cezmin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Hey, I'm glad I made an impression on you. I guess I wish I could have interacted with you more, although lately, I think I've fallen into a little bit of the "let's kill everything" crowd. I'm going to try and pull myself out of it.
95315, Sorry to see you go.
Posted by Qheldren on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked our interactions, enjoyed seeing you around and knowing that new blood was flowing into the fortress as a result. I will agree Nexus is really tough mainly because they have many hero's likely more than the Fortress and no one within the fortress wishes to fight neutrals, more to say on that after I'm gone if it keeps up. I was really hoping you would come back to the Fort but things as they are, I just hope you come back with your Next. GLWYN
95311, RE: Herethon has kicked the bucket
Posted by Biggly on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Vulture sucks. Period. Unless it has some really neat utility abilities I do not know about. You really could do nothing to me.
95310, RE: Herethon has kicked the bucket
Posted by Karlim on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I will admit, I was surprised at defeating you today, considering you got the jump on me out of form, slowed, and with no protections up. Guess I should have kept that gear instead of returning it. Was hoping for some interactions from you being how we never fought, interacted or anything before your sudden change of heart.

To me, you seemed to suddenly become a griefer. Tired of the nexus "hunting" down the fortress and other goodies, but sheesh man, you guys got like 35+ people playing fortress right now, while the others are like single digits or empire who has no leaders at all right now. There is no way nexus should be defeating that many people, and if they are not logging on, boot them and bring your numbers down to the numbers everyone else is playing at.

As a second, considering you are the first good character I've actually even battled, its not all nexus, as you put it. Maybe its my playing times, but you seemed to try to be picking on the low lying fruit, and that is why I was considering taking all your armors, before my characters role kicked in and I decided not too.

Karlim
95308, RE: Herethon has kicked the bucket
Posted by Mazura on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am not sure what you are talking about to be honest. I try to gear myself well because you know, it is important for PK. You simply can not win against a decked warrior with perma-haste item, with 30 ave swords and huge dam roll if you have 900 hp and only abs on you. Look at certain Imperials or Scions or Tribunal - they are decked like damn christmas tree. I helped other Forties with gear. A lot. Giving the items I could use myself.

If you mean my request of a certain item from a certain Scribe - it was not for me. It was for a certain...mmm, process or ritual which would greatly benefit all of the Fortress.

95319, RE: Herethon has kicked the bucket
Posted by Kyanden on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I enjoyed fighting you. Tried to get some banter going between us but very few of the Fortress...or rather anyone of late wishes to talk. I still can't believe how lucky you were when you got me at the spirit. That was definately bad luck fleeing. Thanks for returning the stuff as I returned the favor.
95321, Despite what many think....
Posted by Hopelessdwarf on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
you kicked my ass regularly. So once you fled into the spirit, no way I could take your stuff. I got luck no doubt about it.