Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [SCION] Charine the Bloody Scholar, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=95052
95052, (DELETED) [SCION] Charine the Bloody Scholar, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Sep 27 17:06:38 2010

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Charine perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:362
95356, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Charine the Bloody Scholar, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Posted by Adekar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really enjoy the way you play this game. You seem to have a charitable and sporting style that is rare in players as skilled as you. I'd hope to make you part of something else sooner than this, but it looks like real life gets in the way for both of us. Best of luck with your studies. I hope you find your way back some time.
95357, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Charine the Bloody Scholar, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe his link from the UK will be crappy enough that more people can kill him next time. :)
95108, Great Character, Thanks for making CF fun (n/t)
Posted by Ohbehb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
95189, RE: Great Character, Thanks for making CF fun (n/t)
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry about the ganging once. I think you said something about expecting better, but my character had no rules about not ganging people down :P Though she did have Ehren Soul/Lord. I've just bought the PBF so it should be up soon.
95092, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Charine the Bloody Scholar, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is another one of my favorite characters of this year. Class act all around.

Woe is Scion.
95094, Did you make the greater devil conjuring skill? :)
It was awesome. Very interesting reward to have.
95113, RE: Did you make the greater devil conjuring skill? :)
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Yes, although to be fair, there wasn't much to adding it -- the idea of it was incorporated into Scarabaeus' conjurer design from the beginning.
95117, Wow! n/t
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
sls
95079, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Charine the Bloody Scholar, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Nasty business. Well done.
95109, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Charine the Bloody Scholar, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Posted by Erenthell on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM

Yep. Far too much than I should have.
95070, RE: (DELETED) [SCION] Charine the Bloody Scholar, Chancellor of Eternal Night
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really liked Charine, evil and cool without being a douchebag. Though seemed like with two power houses like you and paralouit Scion would have been more of a force, almost seemed like you guys were trying to keep it low key. Also is Scion really a 10 player max? Nep elluded to more like 15 but it never went over 10 during your reign. They really need to look at this, almost makes it pointless to take cabal items since Scion is basically all heroes so there is never anyone to defend. Even if they made it 10 mage/priest types and 10 non-mage types it wouldn't be OP since the powers for non-mage/priest are weaksauce and they are enemies with 4 cabals!
95087, You could do what I did
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
If people send their lowbies to retrieve, and there's no one you can call to defend (and bear in mind applicants can be called to defend), find an orc, get him to give it to Tremblefist, and listen to the lowbies call you a coward (or something).
95095, We're looking at playerbase numbers too
With a smaller playerbase you can't keep up numbers like 15. We pretty much preferred to keep it at 10, with some exceptions maybe up to 11 or 12. It's been Scion tradition anyway, and it is in keeping with Scion RP not to share the 'rewards' of the chasm too generously with too many.
95105, RE: We're looking at playerbase numbers too
Posted by ORB on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well considering there were almost double the amount of Apps compared to people in the Cabal not sure why 15 would be hard to keep up. With play times as they are it's lucky if there is more then one Scion on at a time. Depends on the tradition, when it first started non-magi/priests got in easier then a bloodoath. Besides the powers why have a cabal if there is noone else in said cabal to interact with on a regular basis. Also the 'rewards' for non-magi/priest are meh. Guess we just have different opinions.
95055, Fond Farewells
It's been a long, long journey with Charine. I had a great time with this character, but I have to leave for university in a few days so there's no way I can continue playing.

PK-wise I was fairly happy with Charine. There was some difficulty with sealing kills (I didn't have bash this time!) so PKing took a lot of perseverance. I was also grotesquely powerful with Scion powers, ABS and a lesser or fiendish ice devil, so I think that would probably make enemies decide not to stick around.

I don't know what everyone else's experience has been with evil conjurers, but Charine was my first evil conjurer. They are pretty awesome and fun to play. Scion powers are too good on evil mages in my opinion.

Regarding Scion powers - I found it highly annoying that forsaken portal nightwalkers would steal. This made retrieving a lot less fun for my enemies, and also deprived me of a few fights that otherwise would have occurred if my enemy was not worried about thefts. I highly recommend changing this, and letting them stick to their spells and attacks instead.

To the IMMs, and particularly Eye:

Thanks so much for all the interaction. I've always been somewhat shy of interaction in my previous characters because I didn't like demanding IMMs' time. Eye, I'm sorry I didn't get to do what I said I wanted to do for you. Also, I'm sorry I didn't get to finish the Scion RP event that was planned. And whoever coded up Greater Devil Conjuring - thank you so much for that skill. It lent a lot of flavour and inspired lots of terror :)

Paraloiut: Ah, Paraloiut, Paraloiut. I was very surprised when you did not turn up for your own ritual, but I expected real life had pulled you away. You had incredible RP - there's no way I could have matched that sort of RP. Charine was not too fond of you at the start, because she was an elitist mage who would have much preferred a mage as Advisor, and thought very little of rangers. You were pretty much one of the exceptions to the rule, and it was a constant source of mild irritation to her that she had to acknowledge the existence of a worthy non-mage, non-priest. Regarding all the IMM rewards, I'd say yours were deserved because you had crippled yourself the moment you chose Scion ranger, whereas I chose Scion conjurer, and I probably didn't deserve any love but got some anyway :P

Speaking of IMM rewards, these are mine: Some CON, edge points, 'greater devil conjuring' skill. About 4k+ IMM XP. Not as much as some others, but given how innately powerful my character was, I think it's fair. Greater Devil Conjuring is not so much useful for the fiendish ice devil but for the much greater ease in controlling devils - binding, and keeping them happy. They virtually never turned on me.

Glastrom: You were awesome, and Charine would have wanted you to be Advisor instead of Paraloiut, because you were an invoker and everyone knows that invokers are awesome. I still think they are underpowered though, but you made them look great. A competent ally, and I knew when you were around we could just tear through all the cabals like a pair of evil Scion mages are supposed to. Hope you play more often and become Chancellor after me!

Dartis: Thanks for the induct. You pretty much pushed the 'Make Charine Overpowered' button with that input of 'induct Charine Scion'. :D

I probably have more goodbyes for some enemies, but they've mostly already deleted or con/age died. In no particular order, here are some of the stand-out characters I've met. I'm sure I've missed some - Knacnar, Ageryn, Ghrajjek, Hanord, Ckath, Homard. I didn't like some people - Zubei, Cersa (whom I inducted!), Noggen.

I'll post more if I can think about anything.

Here's a list of my past characters.

Benvale - elf conjurer Herald
Lene - elf warrior
Arilyn - human shifter
Calcifer - CG human conjurer, first PK char
Elsworth - arial warrior Maran Captain, second PK char
Lyrathuriel - NG half-elf invoker
Lysander - storm paladin Grurk follower
Kiel - elf invoker Maran
Lothari - storm warrior Maran
Adalanthal - elf paladin, Innis follower
Olaf - dwarf warrior Maran
Lyriana - elf bard Maran
Humbert - storm warrior Maran Marshall
Elenia - elf transmuter Squire
Maldaris - arial invoker Scion
Charine - human conjurer Scion Chancellor
95056, RE: Fond Farewells

Leaving for University? I always figured you to be at least in your late twenties or early thirties.

I played with Humbert as Pojoyeh a little, and Elenia as Alondarin. Charine was a bane on a number of my characters, both good as well as evil. Well played.

Try not to miss the wantan mee and char kway teow. and remember, mee sian mai hiam.
95061, RE: Fond Farewells
You must be Singaporean too, because I don't think too many foreigners would know the Prime Minister's quote :P I'm leaving for University (again). I left National University of Singapore Law School because I hated Law, so I'm somewhat older than your average university-goer, even a Singaporean male who has to serve National Service. I'm 23 this year... that'd make me 5 years older than the British students when I go there. Fortunately I'm in a mature college of the University - mature colleges are for students 21 years and above.

I'll definitely miss the hawker fare in Singapore, it's just awesome. But then again, beer and bar food are so cheap and decent in the UK, so I guess I'm making a trade-off! Pubs in Singapore are way too expensive.

I remember Erenthell, too. He's the guildmaster in Voralian, was quite a prominent Fort warrior back when elf warriors were universally known to suck. Good job on that...
95063, Where about in the UK are you headed?
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I liked Charine a lot for the balls to the wall fights she got into and I guess the 'greater devil conjuring' makes sense as the only evil conjurer I played at higher levels was always super paranoid about getting too hurt and being turned on.

-----Abernyte
95071, Going to Oxford
For 3 years so I'll be there for quite a long time.

Yeah I had a pretty tough time at the lower levels before I got Murderous Reputation. That edge is an absolute must for an evil conjurer. I highly recommend getting it, even if you have to sit at level 27/35/40 to do it.

Despoil and ABS also helps a lot with never dropping below threshold HP.
95090, You won't be getting a triple first like MM if you keep playing CF, trust me I know

As I point of sharing I also got a place in NUS law back in the day (much older than you) and read law instead at U of London.

Amazed that you remember who Erenthell was, beyond being the Voralian guildmaster (ah, all the noobs who want to learn how to dirt kick, here this is how you do it...). That was so long ago. One of my favourite characters though.
95093, RE: You won't be getting a triple first like MM if you keep playing CF, trust me I know
Oh man, a lawyer. I'm not doing law at oxford though I'm taking Philosophy, Politics and Economics (abbreviated to PPE). No way I'm getting any Firsts, I'm not good enough. MM is just... freakily smart. As are his sons/daughter, grandchildren (most of them). LHY's son is in oxford doing PPE for Master's too btw, he topped the entire university, and was best speaker in the world university debate championships. They're all nuts I tell you.

Did you play CF lots whilst in uni too?
95057, I hated your devils...
Posted by sleepy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Unholy word was the worst possible thing. :(
95059, Didn't like the character.
But I never met her, I just hate the conjurer class (This week at least) above all classes.

But you as a player are great. Good luck with your endeavors and hurry back.
95110, So you didn't like the character but you never interacted with her..? n/t
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
gr
95116, U r troolee stoopid. n/t
vbsdb
95120, No. He makes a reasonable point. Which you don't.~
Posted by blackbird on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
95123, No, he missed the point like you did. n/t
sdf
95124, Over due typo correction.
Previously posted = But I never met her, I just hate the conjurer class (This week at least) above all classes.

Should have read = But I never met with her, I just hate the conjurer class (This week at least) above all classes.
95066, A Total Class Act
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Charine was one of my favorite enemies. You weren't afraid of taking risks, were super-bad-ass without being overpowered, and were arrogant evil without being an ass. Perfect.

I hope you hurry up and finish with this university nonsense, because you're good for the game. We'll be waiting.

95096, I loved Homard too
He had a very big nose.

I think Charine in her mind thought of Homard as that gnome with the massive nose. She liked watching earth elementals pound on it :)
95073, Bane of the Eternal Star!
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I would always laugh when the inn had guests and you were on because inevitably a gaunt came down and that person got killed. Then Enlilth saw it and he challenged me and Charlee to go kill you.

Which of course was nice, to have a reason to PK, even if I knew we were going to be getting destroyed by you. But we came and it was a fun encounter. If Telene had not been AFK and fiended you, we might have actually gotten you, or if I had gotten a powerful one on you. But you survived and I was always just waiting to be killed by you after that since I knew I could not touch you alone.

Respected the character along with the all other ones you've played. Well done and hope to see you back some time.
95077, RE: Fond Farewells
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was a very well played character. I really enjoyed our interactions as mortals as well as the notes and watching you do things behind the scenes. Really, really good job.

Nae-nae
95080, Awesome! Just awesome!
Posted by Ckath on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
A shame though since my current char was looking for you for some interactions. Ooh well...

Had a lot of fun fighting you. Don't think I got any solo-kills on you, and you got me twice or so. (Once with rot. bleh, hehe)

You wear deadly, scary and had super RP. My current already had a few good interactions with you. (And died to you too. heh)

I hope you come back when you're free again! Good luck with stuff!
95106, As always, a pleasure.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Kinda liked Humbert more though, gotta say.

Good luck with school, but to be back on the grind myself here.