Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Abert L'Alvord the Grand Master of Artistry
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=95019
95019, (DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Abert L'Alvord the Grand Master of Artistry
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Sep 25 10:05:29 2010

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Abert perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:bard
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:222
95021, Well, that was kind of fun. But only kind of.
Posted by Trouble on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Elf bards are fun to mess around with because they're one of the most survivable PC's in the game, especially comedic bards. But I never really got into the whole bard-note thing with this one (Last one was Bolen a couple of years ago).

This was also the best solo-raiding PC that I've had -- just a few minor preps and I could take the Codex or Scales alone, although it did take me a while because of low damage output (didn't gear for damage).

Cala - good luck with the Harbinger, had some fun running around with you a few times.

Paralouit - thought for sure I was going to con-die this character solely because of you but then you quit showing up. It made my life a little less frustrating but also a little less challenging. Aside from the call insects power and the ability to camo in the Chasm, you have the fastest tracking wolfkin I've ever experienced -- really annoying and nearly impossible to escape from for a bard.

I enjoyed most of my PC interactions but they were spread out over a fairly long time and most of you probably won't even remember Abert which it okay, he seemed to be a pretty forgettable character.

By the way, this experience was probably my least enjoyable from an immteraction standpoint. Virtually no interesting interactions aside from a small pop-in visit from Anliltuel. I suppose it's because Lyristeon is the only partially active Outlander imm and since he's evil, he didn't have much to say/do with an elf.

Anyway, I do appreciate the efforts of the immortals to keep the game running but you folks might consider developing a more active cast of RP immortals rather than just worrying about area writers/coders. Just my opinion, for what it's worth.