Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [BATTLE] Elora the Student of the Macalla
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=95013
95013, (AUTO) [BATTLE] Elora the Student of the Macalla
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Sep 24 23:01:06 2010

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 15th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Elora perished, never to return.
Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:56
95014, If people don't want to play their villagers, Get on and Delete n.t.
Posted by Ohbehb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
95033, Can you boot off line players? n/t
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
ngm
95034, Only Imms can
Posted by Abernyte on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
~
95045, Maybe put in a request to have them reduced to Applicant's?
Or a New Title "Retired from Battle" and give them applicant True sight until they regain the confidence of the leadership.
95035, What's wrong with autodelete doing the job?
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
You can't fully trust the cabal member numbers. A guy who plays four times a week is still going to count four times as much as the guy who plays once a week. It would be unreasonable to boot either for inactivity, IMHO. Just let autodelete do the job of weeding out the inactives. By weeding out fairly inactive members, you'll destroy the opportunity for people who want to play casually to be in a cabal. I don't see any justification for doing that as cabal slots aren't limited.

I don't have a character right now, as my latest has autoed (due to being lowbie and me not ranking up and a two week break coming). If people started booting characters for inactivity, I'd probably quit CF for good because it wouldn't have enough room for playing casually.
95039, A few exceptions.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I don't know of any hard-coded limits, but there are loosely held limits for each cabal.

In Outlander, if the limit is reached and there are applicants who deserve the spot, I will remove players who are no-shows to make "room".

If a leader decides they want to eliminate some of the fat, I will give them some room to make the changes they want.

Mind you, I have no problem with someone playing once a week and they won't be removed for that.
95041, RE: A few exceptions.
Posted by anti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
"Mind you, I have no problem with someone playing once a week and they won't be removed for that."

But not on the leader position, correct?

Leadership = responsibility. Players who are going to become leaders, must be ready for that - or do not take the position.
95043, RE: A few exceptions.
Posted by Lyristeon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Not necessarily.
95044, :(
This is bad.

I've seen a lot of deletions because cabal leaders are not playing, or logging in once per 1-2 weeks just to keep their characters not autodeleted.

But I have one good idea that post I'll post soon, that will not be accepted (of course). But I'll be damned if I will not try!
95046, I kind of agree here, but...
I realise some folks can't play a lot and folks, like me who can aren't neccesarily the best pick for leadership slots.

What would be nice is if the Leaders could post there normal playing times similar to Imms on the Wizlist.
95060, The one time I had a leader. . .
Posted by dwimmerling on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I kept track of people who were pledges, and those who had sent notes. I also sent notes, and struck up a line of communication that way. I also had people I trusted to give me an honest recommendation for services performed (re lowby healers who hang out near the cabal like I did).

Long winded response being boiled down is to send the leader a note if you are having trouble finding them, or ask around, especially with titled major players in said cabals. Most of them will take time to check you out.
95040, RE: What's wrong with autodelete doing the job?
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have had several of my chars removed in the past for lack of time and I have asked for the same thing when I held leadership of Battle on more than one occasion. I know that from the #'s I was told in the past Battle in specific is virtually maxed. In my opinion there is nothing wrong with imms booting people although it is really frustrating, it does also give room for heightened rp that it takes to come back to a char that may have lost interest. Also keep in mind on most occasions we are talking about multi-week non playing times that would result in this. This may also discourage multiple chars to a small degree but mainly just people who have been eq or spot holding just to log in every once in a while.
95042, Out of curiousity...
You says you had leaders that were booted for inactiveness (or demoted). So, I have a question to you... when you become a leader, do you care for the cabal and people who counts on you?

Because if you do... how you can become inactive without stepping down? You say you had several those characters. So wtf? You know that applicants are waiting for you, that you have things to do in your cabal - and you are inactive?

I'm not flaming, or blaming you. Just curious of your point of view, maybe I do not understand something?
95047, I too kind of agree with this.
But I don't think it's that common.

I for one would step down before I wasted anyone elses time.
95050, Read carefuly.
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I said I had been removed for inactive chars, not that my leaders were inactive. I said when I played leaders I asked for those not around to give up their places. I may have phrased my words a little strange but when I read it, I understand it. Not that I believe the Battlefield is a place to talk about game mechanics but please do read more carefully.
Anti, Pro.
95058, No, YOU, read this.
I was responding to Anti-.

I realise he missed your point, but I was responding to his.
95051, As someone who has auto'd 2 leaders
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sometimes you don't know you will be unable to log on until you actually are.

With Dartis, for example, I emailed Mergulla from work to let her know after 7 days or so that I wouldn't be able to log on in the near future so she should feel free to remove me as leader. Turned out she'd already done it the day before.
95048, RE: If people don't want to play their villagers, Get on and Delete n.t.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Talk to Battle Imms. As Sulye I was approached by an outie imm to suggest cabal members who should be booted for lack of play time.

Presumably the battle guys would be willing to work with you, as leader, to cull the deadbeats.
95049, RE: If people don't want to play their villagers, Get on and Delete n.t.
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I should really read the rest of the threat before replying. Duh.