Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of Voralian City
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=94688
94688, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of Voralian City
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Sep 10 12:45:15 2010

At 2 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 34th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Zadkiel perished, never to return.
Race:gnome
Class:thief
Level:47
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:151
94690, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of Voralian City
Posted by ordasen on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I was at Shokais little ones first birthday party when he started talking about CF. He proded just enough of me to make me want to make just 1 more character to see how things were going. I made one character...but some major personal stuff happened at work and really didnt have time for the character.

So then I made Zadkiel. From the first day I knew he was not going to be a pk character. His whole philosophy was that of the doctor oath, and he strived to actually help and heal people. The few he would attack, were actions of mercy in his eyes. To put them down from their suffering. I knew I would be pked crap tons, as is to be expected with a defender gnome thief, especialy one who went straight poisoner and only knife and whatever skills could be explained for medical uses. nothing beyond that, and boy did it gimp me. *shrug* Though I did earn up to 5 edges (and all of which again were based around medical uses)

It got hard to keep going when you have people ganking you down, and then others who hunt you for whatever their cause is. I didnt mind it really, but as the character he saw it as pointless and he hated fighting anyone who wasnt a mage to be honest. He simply saw most as confused or addicted to magic, and he would try his damnest to save them. The Empire war really fustrated him as there were hardly ever any mages that would roll around with them. Ah well. But then so the Village also seemed to focus primarly on Empire and not the mage cabals out there like Scion and Nexus. I would try at times to direct a raid against them, but no one seemed interested, perhaps it was just the time of day.

The final straw was just getting killed 3 times within 45mins by the same person in a row. Sucks really, especialy since they have the ability to see hidden, bash/trip, and what have you...and trying to retrieve the head from the orc village (Holy hell thats one tough mob to have to retrieve against...sanc/poison out the ASS! :) )

For goodbyes...well, hard to really remember most I would say good bye to. If you post something I'm sure I will have something but there are always tons to thank and had fun with. Village...most are great and had a blast, though there were some I had to scratch my head in puzzlement over. grouping with someone wearing tons of magical gear, not looting and destroying magic and potions from a corpse, consatntly grouping with someone who kills ragers and raids against you...*shrug* just found it odd but hey I dont know their RP.

Not really sure if I'll make another character again or not. There were a lot of issues I came across, some of which were just on my end and then some with the game.

oh well, out.
94692, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of Voralian City
Posted by Belric on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really liked Zadkiel. I know what you mean about getting steamrolled by a character you have no shot against, and about retrieving from the orcs. It's a little silly I think particularly because they don't have an item you can take. In any case, I hope you can still find time to play another, you are always an awesome presence to have in the game. Take it easy.
94704, On orcs not having an item
Posted by Anliltuel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>It's a little silly I think
>particularly because they don't have an item you can take.

Amazingly enough, players at one time made the same complaint about the Servants of the Dawn.
94707, RE: On orcs not having an item
Posted by anti on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And they were absolutely correct.
94726, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of Voralian City
Eh, not really bitching about the orc village, just stating how hard it can be to have to assult the whole orc village of mobs, and then against a sanced mob who would lay down some poison smack very hard and fast! Then more sucky when you have 1 or 2 other cabal defenders lol

Given that traditonaly there never has been a huge mass of orcs, its not really a problem
94695, I thought you were super awesome.
Posted by Kjarkanoth on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Your RP was really really refreshing when we both met up at like level 15 and rocked out for a bit together. I really enjoyed the take you spun on the character and from day 1 interacting with you, it was heavily apparent.

Kjar thought you were a schemer at one point, merely because of role issues, but as a player... I thought you were hands down a great RP'r and player.. I just knew there wasn't going to be too much pk prowess coming out of you with that build =)

You should roll something else.. you're heavily missed.

-TripHitNdip
94725, RE: I thought you were super awesome.
Lol thanks for the kind words. I'm not a great rper, just someone who understands rager philosophy a little :) The pk prowess ...heh yeah. I knew I was going to eat some deaths and was just hoping hide would save my ass a little...and well it did and didnt. Also I've never played a thief since they were originaly changed sooo I had NO clue what poisoners were about. A lot of learning on the fly. Being a gnome SUCKED as I couldnt knock out a lot of those giants who were a pain in the ass.
94697, Original take on things!
Posted by Mhuurg on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really like how you played your role as the doctor type. Even though I tried to "educate" you.

Not looting magical items and potions from a kill isn't a bad thing in my eyes. Sure, you can have it in your role but I still think that it's kind of a bleh move to do.

Only magical items I loot from corpses are the ones that affects the veil.

And the last remark about grouping with people who kills ragers... Hell, there are a lot of charrs out there having personal issues with ragers, fighting personal wars with certain ragers, and it is quite clear that you're supposed to keep those wars to yourself.

However, hanging out with people who raid the cabal isn't to bright. And I know I'm one of those at one point. Ain't going into that now though, might mention the reason once I'm gone.

Anayways, as I said, cool char with an interesting and refreshing take on things! GLWYN
94724, RE: Original take on things!
I can see each side of the arguement, though I've always felt anything which directly causes a magical affect should be removed. ie: wands, poitions, pills, etc. To Zadkiel they were only causing more harm and he was trying to help them over come their addiction. Gear I fully understand a bit more leeway. I know I got bitched at by several people for just removing a potion from the corpse and sacing it while leaving all the nice gear. Told I better not die cause they were going to loot me of all my stuff because of it. heh

On the remark about grouping, very true. I just had more of an issue of aiding those who activly aided a waring cabal to kill fellow villagers, would attack the outter and then inner, etc.
(side note: I have NO problem with the char or player, this was just as Zad saw it)
94698, WTF? I didn't see this commin.
Posted by Klynox on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Liked traveling with you, enjoyed all our interactions and your knack for sticking with your beliefs. Sorry if I fit into one of those categories you didn't understand but I traveled with one who you didn't like a lot when was early in my char's life. He would tel me where mages were, and try killing them so I put a bit of trust in him. We have so few competent defenders around that I traveled with I am a lil sad to see you go. I was looking forward to traveling around with you, exploring and such into old age. Anyway, GLWYN.
94723, RE: WTF? I didn't see this commin.
Loved traveling as well! And yeah you would make me scratch my head in puzzlement at times but as I said I really didnt let it bother me :) Zadkiel chalked it up to the start of an infection, water on the brain or something else which just clouded your judgement heh
94706, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of Voralian City
Posted by Imperial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>The Empire war
>really fustrated him as there were hardly ever any mages that
>would roll around with them. Ah well. But then so the Village
>also seemed to focus primarly on Empire and not the mage
>cabals out there like Scion and Nexus. I would try at times to
>direct a raid against them, but no one seemed interested,
>perhaps it was just the time of day.

Yes, it's very funny to hear why villagers are at war with imperial priests, but they are fine with paladins or druids. Including evil villagers :)

And even more funny it was to hear reasons why villagers are hunting imperials, while there were only one mage in empire at that time - the mummy :)))

Actually battle are not magic haters now, but empire-haters. I'm glad that nexus is growing up to something more or less strong and even manages to kick your rager ass sometimes :)

When I'll die, I'll post log where the current villager with lastname added did gang on midranks and used city healers to cure his maledictions (not you, no). Maybe it's allowed now, though, so I could be wrong here.

Anyways, GLWYN! Screw the village, play an evil imperial bitch :)
94709, To be fair...
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Empire takes Battle's item more than any other cabal.

I know, I was there.

So what would you expect Battle to do?
94731, But but but!
But I remember time when battle were leveling up with empire blades/shamans/shadows.

Also, as I remember, battle broke that truce someday, when there were few imperials and lots of them, no?

Currently (and for a years now) they are strongest opposition to the Empire. Even outies, who are supposed to be their worst enemies, are almost harmless (even with a good numbers).

And while Empire is in war with marans, outies and battle (scions and scarab are not a force), battle are in war with empire and nexus.

I do not say it's wrong, or it's bad, no. That's fine!
But I think their idealogy must be changed already, because they are completely ignoring outie/maran mages.

Years ago, battle would break into ANY cabal and kill any mage that was hiding inside. Now, for political reasons, they will never do that.

So heck... they became more political force than a brute magic haters they were earlier.

And now their reason for existance looks ridiculous. Seriously, it sounds like "We found a secret military bases in Iraq, that's why we are bombing it, not because of the oil sources".
94734, Become Emperor. Decree a stop on taking the Head.
Posted by Twist on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's when you'll see Battle and Empire no longer fighting, probably.
94738, I don't believe so...
Because it will never happen. Probably I will become emperor again, but I will not do that. Personally, i like to fight them and do not mind it at all :)

Point was... battle are NOT magic haters anymore. Not that war with empire is wrong, hell.
94743, Tell that to a magi
Posted by Swordsosaurus on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This logic makes about as much sense as saying that just because Orcs fight with other races that they don't especially hate Elves anymore.
94745, Orcs like elves.
Posted by Scrimbul on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
They taste just like chicken.
94755, Uh, it happened for about a month or two
Posted by Knac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
We didn't take the codex, they didn't take the head.

At least, when I was on.
94720, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of...
Posted by Borkahd on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
..."and used city healers to cure his maledictions."

I am almost positive that the code does not allow ragers to use healers (save the one at the destructor, and thats limited). They say something like, "The gods wouldn't like that".
94722, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of...
That would be correct. Only healer that a rager can use is the healer in the village. And as you said, there is no heals, just malid and curse type stuff. Even marked as an applicant, you cant use the other healers
94752, Yeah, Battle applicant's get it haaard! n/t
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
dfgsdgnsd
94753, RE: Yeah, Battle applicant's get it haaard! n/t
Really? This has nothing to do with the statements which had been posted and really didnt need your little comment. And you wonder why people post as they do about you.
94730, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of...
Posted by Kalageadon on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I think healers in god shrines can also be used, but only for the same
limitation, ie no heal heal. That is if all healers haven't been taken
out of said shrines.
94721, RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Zadkiel the Secret, Godfather of Voralian City
Well not really sure how this plays into my goodbye but ok! As a player I have no problem with the war. The mortal leaders said there is a war..ok fine there is a war! Just as a character, he had a hard time understanding and coming to terms with it.

Beyond that...its really up to each player. Empire raids battle and takes the head, battle raids empire and takes the codex. *shrug* Its been going on since empire has been around, this isnt something new
94746, Goodbye from your Drillmaster!
Posted by Grimnel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, I would never have guessed this was grumpy Ordasin(IC grumpy of course :))

Anyhow, I really enjoyed running with Zad, your RP was mostly lightheated and fun to talk with, and I too enjoyed the doctor take upon being a defender. You were competent and ran with me anytime I asked. What more could I ask for?

Thanks for all the bandages and you will sorely be missed!
94754, RE: Goodbye from your Drillmaster!
Thanks! I tried to make things fun and light hearted when chatting with allies or even enemeys. Figured a gnome really wouldnt have hate in his heart, just a diffrent view of things :)

Glad to see the slayer of the warmaster got named Drillmaster when given a chance :)
94689, :( - You're rp was awesome
Posted by Arkal on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Seriously sad to see this. You and Harcel had some really interesting rp as far as the why you hate magic and going the village.
94691, RE: :( - You're rp was awesome
not sure I would say awsome, but thanks. I merely wanted to go at it with a diffrent view then most. figured a poisoner defender would have a medical field background, and more so being a gnome who craved knowledge. In truth he hated pking, though he did what was needed to help end the suffering of those who were infected. I ate so many deaths running to aid other ragers and defences/raids to poultrice/bandaged them...and then ending up being the lunch meat of their enemy :)

Ark was someone who Zadkiel strived to learn from and found interesting in the knowledge of medicne :) Shame you deleted and had things come up in your life.