Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aerac the Master of the Outer Planes
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=94531
94531, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aerac the Master of the Outer Planes
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Fri Sep 3 07:45:33 2010

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Aerac perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:conjurer
Level:36
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:68
94534, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aerac the Master of the Outer Planes
Posted by Chestav on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why the delete?

I didn't talk a lot with you other than the interview, but was glad to see you made it in. We chatted some about sleeks, but it seemed liek you had luck there so I thought you might stick around for a while, but here it looks like you were only 68 hours old, and couldn't have had many of those in Fortress.

Good luck with your next.
94537, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Aerac the Master of the Outer ...
Posted by Verdelyeb on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
In short, a lack of time. I have a 2 and a half month old daughter, my department is down to 3 out of 6 people and I'm taking a class towards a MBA degree now. I realized that I would not be able to put more than 1-2 hours a week into Aerac and that was not worth it. Thanks for the interview btw, I enjoyed our talks.

As for ABS, I did find my shield and was hoping I would have luck with barrier/aura once I got to hero and could explore a few more places. As it was, I did not feel the need for A/B at the mid-levels with protection, stone skin when needed and shield on a stick. Fights were very one sided, and it started to become hard to find an opponent who would fight me when I conjured.. not that I blame them for not wanting to face a razor (to me at 36) terrible angel for someone level 28-34.

Overall, I have to say I love conjurers, or at least good ones. This was my first one past 17ish and I solo ranked all the way to 36 with ease, even easier than the numerous rangers I have solo'd. Nothing like familiar + elemental tanking, and once you get an archon you are set. Of course it is definitely slow, however half the time I played I had my daughter sleeping nearby and did not want to have to leave a group if she woke.

Hopefully I'll have a chance sometime later to return, but between classes, work and family I'm not sure it will be anytime soon. Good luck to you as well!