Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(AUTO) [None] Bannolic Tannerson the Shihan
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=94295
94295, (AUTO) [None] Bannolic Tannerson the Shihan
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 16 19:22:07 2010

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Bannolic perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:assassin
Level:48
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:181
94300, From the player
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really I just wanted to say that rp'ing with Scarabaeus was awesome. I have only interacted with him twice as far as I know (once with Baendra, when he took control of my ghoul), and once with Bannolic.

I really wanted to run with the religion so I'm a bit pissed off that I forgot my password after my trip to Canada.

Other than that, I think I've said it all. There were a couple of fairly crappy characters I met (who interestingly have been very successful and seem highly regarded by the imms, and come across much better as an ally -- but that's a lot easier than not bitching to your enemy). I also met a lot of very good ones.

I do think dex is too influential now. I probably won more fights against rager axe spec zerkers than I lost (including the arena). In the old days, if you didn't have haste, your inability to parry axes tended to get you killed as you were permalagged. Now, not only do you dodge axes better, but you have evade, so are less likely to get permalagged. I won't start on warriors.

I'm all for axes etc being mroe dodge'able. I just think the actual extent of it needs to be toned down slightly.

I can only recall dying as follows:

1) Jumping a rager zerker axe spec, thinking he was an outlander, outside a guild, because he scared off the guy I was stalking. Then instead of fighting back, I tried to explain my mistake whilst he chopped me up.

2) Getting caught between warring cabals and both sides targetted me. For example, I fought outlanders at the trib captain and tribs piled on me too. They fled right before I died, but by then the outlanders only had to land one more hit.

3) Fighting alongside (sort of) one of said tribs, but not being grouped with him, so getting hit by his area spells. Then trying to finish someone off and getting 2 really nasty ice shards from a chamo invoker. Is ice shards a bit strong? Feels like it.

4) Having a doublespin kick evaded by a paladin, who then promptly wrathed me and auto-shield-jabbed me to death. (He'd already wrathed me once or twice before that.)

It would have been very easy to rack up kills without dying.

Also, I pretty much lived my whole life with crap gear. I did manage to get some nice gear but I lost it hours later to a group.
94306, Probably right
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But to be fair, it's also player skill at work. I do agree with you about the disproportionate power of dexterity as a stat.