Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Orinth Welmyer the Vanguard of the Vernal
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=94081
94081, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Orinth Welmyer the Vanguard of the Vernal
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mon Aug 2 23:36:26 2010

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Orinth perished, never to return.
Race:half-drow
Class:ranger
Level:46
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:104
94082, Worst player ever
Posted by Tsunami on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I did alright until about level 30. Then, as usual, became a bumbling idiot.

Had some fun fights and I think hunters have a lot of potential in the right hands. Those hands are not mine though. Lot's of cool stuff you can do with them though. Was never going to make Maran at the rate I was going and sense my buddy Jefadi deleted I didn't see much reason to continue.

Shame Ghrajjek deleted shortly after I joined the Fortress too. Was an awesome dwarf to fight beside and I had hoped to do so at hero.

Enjoyed most of the Fort and most of my enemies.

Sorry to Shenkreth's player for the 'get all corpse.' First time I ever typed that and you didn't deserve it. I see nothing wrong with full looting, have been victim to it too, but I'm just not one to do it. Of course, you took it well anyway.

I really wish flaming arrow and poison arrow were an extra shot in combat with low damage + chance to apply their effects.

Think rager may be my next step. I just hate to prep so might as well play something that can't/doesn't have to. Should probably play something besides ranger, but damn I love me some pathfinding.
94091, RE: Worst player ever
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Interacted a bit with you, liked what I saw. I'd like to hear more about your hunter experience. I'm of the same mindset, that it could rock. Just how to make it rock would be the thing.
94095, Well
Either shoot me your questions here or in a PM to Matrik on QHCF.

94100, Matrik!
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well well well.

Do you remember Creighton? :)

I loved Matrik, one of my best memories for this game.
94108, Of course I do.
And probably why I try not to give you too much flak like some. We all just want to enjoy the game.
94092, Having maxed more hunters than probably anyone...
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I have some advice for you and other hunter players.

Don't use flame and poison arrow during ranking. You can spam both of them like a mage does spells and there is always a better skill to use while ranking.

I ranked with you at some point but I can't remember what character. Must have been good because I had a note to ask you to rank again. :)
94094, Heh thanks.
I do tend to become a pretty popular ranking partner it seems.

Good point with flaming/poison arrow. The only reason I did is that when ranking I tend to try and optimize whatever my role is. So, usually I was tanking with a bow and those were my only options. (or bait, but it was already maxed and I was tanking well enough without it.)

Something along those lines. But you are right, easy to spam those up any ol' time.
94137, I liked what I saw of this character
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Of course, we didn't interact a WHOLE lot, but from my limited perspective, you did well. Sorry you didn't dig it.

Nay-nay
94146, Hey thanks!
Was nice seeing you on like 65% of the time I was. I never really came up with a way to start some deep interaction with you. Then again, I'm more about player to player interaction and I focus on doing that, but I'm all for interacting with dieties if the situation arises. In any case, thanks for noticing and thanks for your activeness and visibility.