Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Knacnar BloodStomp the Commander of Battle, Smith of the Noldarian Forge
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=93809
93809, (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Knacnar BloodStomp the Commander of Battle, Smith of the Noldarian Forge
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jul 18 14:31:18 2010

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Knacnar perished, never to return.
Race:fire
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:454
93985, Well well...
Posted by trewyn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
On a whim I came back to this page to see some folks... and here you are.

Your list of characters evades me. I still don't know who you are and meeting with you and interacting with you ...

I didn't like you.

I had a large list of ideas I wanted to try involving villagers but my interactions with you were so uncool that it was MUCH better to be your enemy than to be your friend... that being said...

Your character made it apparent how awesome Trewyn really was. And this is going to sound REALLY selfish... but your character had the power to impact the game as much as Trewyn did... except you are good at this. I wasn't. I couldn't PK for ####. Hell, without deathblow I wouldn't have killed... well... any beyond the 40 I killed before I got into battle (the number of players was bigger then). I saw you trying to do stuff, and you did... kinda. Still, major props on the whole imperial non-fighting thing. SO many ####ers think the politics of this game are solid and they aren't. In the end, I'll chalk up the differences to that I was an elf and you were a fire giant and I had a HUGE cast of supportive characters that I simply wouldn't have been a ####ing spot on the road without. You were a meteor falling from the sky by yourself.

Still I stand by my statement that it was infinitely better(more fun) to be your foe than your ally. Cheers! GLWN! Send me an e-mail when they fix the ABS system (talisman and scrolls indluded) so it's not a freaking waiting game.
93988, RE: Well well...
Posted by Knac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Heh, funny thing is, I don't even know who you played...I've been playing since 06/07, so not sure who Trewyn is.

Different people have their own approach to the game. Hell yea, I could've done a lot more, but as stated before, the RP on this character was kinda one sided. With Ghrummin, I was completely stoked to run it through - this one, not as much. Sure it was energetic, and I did alot in terms of the village war, but in truth, I wasn't 100% satisfied.

I agree with the statement that it was more fun to be my foe than my ally. I was somewhat of a loner (my take on Noldarian for this character). I think my infamy came more from beating the snot out of people rather than my interactions with the Village.

Er, yea, talk about stroking your e-penis (jab jab jab)
93991, I felt a little appauled reading this. n/t
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Frds
93875, Farewell, Commander...
Posted by Shothak on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
May Shokai have mercy on your darkened soul and may he find a place for you in the Light for all of the work you have done to cleanse the evil taint of magic from the land.

Shothak
93886, You realize forums aren't IC, right? nt
Posted by Java on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
93852, RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Knacnar BloodStomp the Commande...
Posted by SideStrider on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I tried and tried to kick you around with Naggam but never really managed to do much other then the one time I caught you slow and harassed you all the way from the Island to the village. I think for that one little period when there were not many villagers about you were the only one I never dropped and it wasnt for lack of enthusiasm.
You were truely a monster. Good luck with your next.
93813, What a trip!
So where to begin?

After I played Ghrummin, and had to delete because of some RL stuff, I was missing the game. At the same time, since the game is such a timesink, I was doing other more 'productive' stuff.

Then I heard about the great purge. I love purges when I don't have an active character. So I thought to myself, what would be fun to play? I looked through my roles, found a concept that I haven't used before, and expanded on it. Thus came Knacnar Bloodstomp.

I always thought that the entire Imperial/Battle war was stupid. Battle is usually on the defensive, but quite literally, my feeling was that they are anti mage, not anti conquest. It was the Imperials who always pressured the war. So I decided to try my hand at peace.

The caveat was that if a strong black emerged, we would revisit the peace. Keep it mind it was NOT a truce, but rather a non-aggression pact. Adarmar, and later Ckath, and I clearly stated that we can beat the crap out of each other, but if we did, it would be moreso on 'friendly' terms. We wouldn't raid or attack when empire/battle is raiding, nor would we do the same with retrievals. Some took it too far, however, and it spiraled out of control (ie battle trading magic items).

Some people accused me of powergaming. I still have a concept with polearm/drive ___/___ that I want to try out - this is just a slight modification to that combination. I looked around - no one EVER did a polearm/drive sword/greetings combo. I mean, it makes complete sense to do it right? Polearm/drive is just awesome, sword/greeting is just awesome. You have a way to lag anyone, combine with deathblow, and you have yourself a winner! No one did it until I came around! Just flabbergasted. Oh, and it works out pretty well :)

As for my last choice with Rupen. Sorry Zas, I felt that if I left the Village in your hand, there would be more douchey actions going around. Sure Rupen can have his douchey moments, but he actively tried to lead from what I can tell. Maybe I wasn't around enough when you were around, but I didn't see much of that in you. FYI - no one is ENTITLED to rewards. ####, if you look at my pbf, you'll see I didn't get that much rewards. Tattoo from religion interaction, third legacy from winning a tournament and set fracture from winning another tournament. I think I had 8,700 imm xp - and 90% of that was in the first 150 hours I think. Thror isn't really giving in the imm xp - but you know, it doesn't matter, because his awesomeness and the fact that I don't play for the immxp or the rewards just makes it a greater experience.

I have a huge RL project going on starting tomorrow, and being a leader just isn't going to happen. So I had three choices (given that I only played for 450 freaking hours, holy crap, that's small for 6-7 months) - try to condie, delete, or remove myself from the position. I knew I would regret deleting, and if I remove myself from the position, I would still want to play because it's mud. So only the first option came to mind. I became a little more suicidal, used bloodthirst more often, and went into hopeless situations alot more. The Imperial war helped out a bit also. If I played my last 5 cons like I did a few months ago, I would still be alive 6 months from now I think.

Oh, btw, bloodthirst is a bitch, for both berserkers and everyone else. I rarely RARELY used bloodthirst until the end. My playing style is strategic risks - did the same with Ghrummin and Kharnial. If I wade into a group, I usually know how and when to leave. Always have an exit strategy.

To APs - I never died to one of you. Not once. Never got my soul sucked out. Kinda wanted to, but never. You know why? BECAUSE NONE OF YOU TRIED TO SLEEP ME! It was always trip/faceslash/iceball. I mean, really? For crying out loud, why would you try to trip me while I had full hp instead of trying to sleep me? Trip me when I'm about dead, fine, but...seriously, I was screaming at my screen and just laughing at how badly you guys played against me. SLEEP!

Finally, there were no mageslayers besides myself in the 5th Age. WTF GUYS?? I wanted at least one while I was alive. BLEGH!

PS I was the second Hut in the first age (Kora was the first), but the first hero Villager! WOOT!

Goodbyes (So Many - I'll respond to posts - Sorry if I miss some):

IMMS:

Thror - As with Ghrummin, I feel that your religion was just made for how I play the game. I was sorely disappointed that I deleted Ghrummin - I really wanted to agedie or condie him. I mean, he had an awesome awesome story and great RP! I'm glad I did it with Knacnar - given that my RP was somewhat stale (I could've expanded, but just didn't feel the rush to), as I stated, I went into your religion knowing that it's moreso actions than words. I think I did well with that. Sooooo freaking glad you're back. Definitely my favorite Imm.

Iunna - Thought I'd try to hit it off with you like Ghrummin, but I realized my mistake. It wasn't going to happen. Wish I tried something different with you, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Yean - Thanks for giving the Hut!

Allies:

Nurok/Homard/Droma - I loved you guys. Great great DMs. I wish Nurok didn't delete, but Droma took his place well. I wish Droma didn't delete, but Homard was the man! You guys rocked and made playing this character alot more fun. I don't regret making you guys DM - it was just meant to be.

Rupen - I don't know what all this crying about you is. Sure you have some questionable things that you do, but overall, I felt you were the best choice for DM. You reminded Knac of himself - wade into a group, just beat the snot out of people, and leave. You'll do well as a leader. Oh, and our interactions were spot on! Thanks!

Jruklar - Man, I hoped you didn't delete. I really enjoyed the tension between you and Rupen. I suspected that the next DM would be you and Rupen. You guys were equally dangerous, equally knowledgable, and equally qualified for leadership. I hope I thought you some stuff.

Daegit - I hate you for deleting. HATE HATE HATE! Missed you :P

Ugh - it's been too long. Post and I'll repost

Enemies:

Charine - Dangerous dangerous dangerous. I knew that you would be a pain in my ass, and most of the Villages. You just steamroll everyone. And you're creepy to the boot! Glad you're around. We had some badass fights.

Paralouit - Damn I love your rp! Wish I thought of it. Hope it's not copyrighted. You do really well as a ranger - I initially thought that you got advisor because Merg loved your rp. But clearly, I was wrong. Quite a dangerous little felar.

Kurzghar - So I was initially annoyed with you. But you kinda grew on me. I'm glad you got Warmaster (rightfully deserved) and hope you make yourself into a legend!

Rowane - Hah! Little midget! Besides the bitching about gear from both me and you, you were awesome!

Massok - You made Nexuns go round and round. Too bad you lost interest in the character. Quite a dangerous symbol, and I enjoyed playing against you.

Koch - Ugh. I can't believe how many svirf/gnomes there were in Nexuns. And then there's you. Autumn harvest + quickening = annoying as all hell to kill. You did very well for yourself, one of the best svirfs I fought, and you were quite a challenge. Just like what I want!

Nghblasdfwawer - I still can't spell your name. But as I stated before, I was going to have the Villagers treat you with respect and pretty much use you to hone their skills. Because, by all golly, you seriously beat the snot out of everyone. Glad those specs/legacies worked out for you.

Various Nexun Shifters - Sorry, I had your numbers. I've played plenty of shifters in that I know what each is pretty much capable of. But kudos for making the game fun!

Ghrajj - Hah! My little dwarf friend! Impeccable RP, just plain awesomeness all around! You are just a great great character and presence in the game. You should definitely last to condeath/agedeath because you have a lot of #### going for you!

Nnaeshuk - Spirit of Light. Made me think of Reir. You were a great force and quite a symbol in the game. I enjoyed our interactions!

Eydral (sp? Former Captain) - Man, I beat you down so many times. Defiance is good, too good really, until I had dual guardian swords. Yikes! But a classy character that I greatly enjoyed.

Adarmar - Thanks for going with the pact with me. It sure was different than what you were used to. But heck, it worked out I think - kept a lot of other cabals down.

Ckath - Mmmm...Ckath. On one hand, I hated you for taking down the
pact that I worked sooo long in creating. On the other hand, I understood the reason. You were a well played character, tough and willowy, and just a great presence in the game.

Erothaylius - Hah! You were tough with temperance. You were spot on as a tribbie - Knac was annoyed, but I thought that's EXACTLY how a paladin tribbie should act. Kickass!

Current Provost - Sucks that we ended up like that. FYI, shielding empire to raid, standing outside with lieutenants, chasing after we lost the head...really? We're supposed to stand back and take it? No thank you. And please, don't give your impressions to the Commander of Battle, who has been commander before you were born, on what parity is. I'm likely to ignore you completely - I was just annoyed OOCly that I decided to response. I saw you try 2 on 1 odds a lot more and just harass Villagers, even when we tried to raid.

Ugh. Drawing a blank. Post and I'll respond.

Ciao!

JMC/Knac/Ghrummin/Kharnial

93814, RE: What a trip!
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>I looked
>around - no one EVER did a polearm/drive sword/greetings
>combo. I mean, it makes complete sense to do it right?
>Polearm/drive is just awesome, sword/greeting is just awesome.
>You have a way to lag anyone, combine with deathblow, and you
>have yourself a winner! No one did it until I came around!

... Woldrun?

Just off the top of my head. I swear I've seen a few others.
93816, Nope
Crashing/gates/landslide.

No one specifically polearm/sword landslide/greetings.
93822, You're right
I confused greeting with crashing. My mistake.
93819, Great character
Posted by Humbert on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Why am I always an enemy of yours? I love all of your characters. Make another char and good luck with the next :)
93820, To The Pillar For Sure
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I've been in The Village with some truly amazing characters (including Ghrummin) but Knac stood out in a way that only Woldrun compares to. A damn fine job.

I have an unpredictable and chaotic work schedule, so I can be found playing any hour of the night or day, and generally play whenever I feel like it, but Knac's presence made playing a Villager so damn fun that I started making every effort to match more of my playtimes up to yours. I'd never done anything like that before, but you were awesome to run with.

I can't tell you how many times I would be about to ask about some mage only to hear "Knac BURN Somemage!" With what seemed like few exceptions you appeared to plow through mages like gibberlings.

Regarding your imminent con-death I could tell you were pushing it, but, as a friend of ours might say "Is way of Villager."

Thanks for giving me a shot at Drillmaster. I was pushing for it, but trying desperately to not sound like all the "I'm ready for my hut now" applicants, who just make me nuts. I realize that a lot of people feel that certain Villagers should have just been booted period, but I don't think that any of them realize just how good Illian was at talking his way out of having his hut burnt. In fact, I think only you, Thror and myself know how well he made a case for himself each time.

Needless to say I think you did a fantastic job, and made being in The Village at the start of the 5th age an absolute blast. Thank you.

93821, RE: What a trip!
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Did you log Knacnar's life?
93823, RE: What a trip!
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Side question: what class/combo is Arleri? Because he sure seemed to have your number early on.
93824, It was Alex's Imperial bard...
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
...WarMaster before he deleted I believe.

I made him though. Don't let him fool ya.
93826, I'd not delete War Master=)
Posted by MRSK on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Right on other things
93830, RE: What a trip!
Posted by Malakhi on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Maybe it's because the first jmc character I interacted with was Venecfis, but I can never put my finger on who plays your chars. I can't believe that Rektath = Ghrummin = Knacnar. In fact, for a while I thought Knacnar was played by Twist because one time you said over cb:

Knacnar: Veil thick. That how Knac like.

It seemed like a very Twist-ish thing to say.

Anyway. Good Job, Man! This was another great character. It was interesting to see your approach to leadership and to Battle and your magekill updates came with such regularity that I constantly wondered if you'd catch me on PKs :P Also, I appreciate your invitation to the Drillmaster meeting you held a couple days ago.

Good luck with whatever project you have going on, and hopefully you'll find time to come back soon.
93861, RE: What a trip!
That's a huge compliment! Thanks!

Didn't get nearly his pks as Hunsobo, but if I played for another 6 months, probably would've.

Glad you could make it to that gathering.
93831, RE: What a trip!
Posted by VitriolicStream on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Well, let's see...I'm going to leave villagers to strike/raid/kill in town, knowing that all of you are basically criminals half the time? Oh, and you want to kill me. No, I'll spend my time hunting you all down like the dogs you are :) I don't particularly understand why you feel that a mage shouldn't hunt villagers? Right, I should wait til you have all your powers, etc., and not work against you? Naaawwwww :)

For the lieutenants, by the rules I am allowed to have them with me at all times, but I cannot strike when I have them except against criminals. So, walking to the village to watch with them there, why not? Not my fault if a villager thirsts into them, is it? Yes, I expected to be attacked there, I was just irritated that one bird woke up and slew me, and that over the course of several battles I was stripped of everything that wasn't level 20 gear. So I tried to strike back however I could. Hence the IC discussion about parity.

As for the rest, well, it was an IC discussion. "Best warriors of Thera", yadda, yadda, always should be looking for reasons to enforce parity rather than ways to twist it. I'm sure we'll disagree on all this, but I've had plenty of villagers myself.
93833, RE: What a trip!
>Well, let's see...I'm going to leave villagers to
>strike/raid/kill in town, knowing that all of you are
>basically criminals half the time? Oh, and you want to kill
>me. No, I'll spend my time hunting you all down like the dogs
>you are :) I don't particularly understand why you feel that
>a mage shouldn't hunt villagers? Right, I should wait til you
>have all your powers, etc., and not work against you?
>Naaawwwww :)
- Nope, you're quite free to do that. But expect that we'll get you whenever you even step foot into the Village. You have your laws that hinder you from marking every villager criminal - we don't. Mages can hunt villagers - no worries. In fact, I endorse that. Tribbie aiding in taking the head? Completely different situation.

>For the lieutenants, by the rules I am allowed to have them
>with me at all times, but I cannot strike when I have them
>except against criminals. So, walking to the village to watch
>with them there, why not? Not my fault if a villager thirsts
>into them, is it? Yes, I expected to be attacked there, I was
>just irritated that one bird woke up and slew me, and that
>over the course of several battles I was stripped of
>everything that wasn't level 20 gear. So I tried to strike
>back however I could. Hence the IC discussion about parity.

-Yea, not your fault that you happen to be there 'watching' the fight with lieutenants. Similarly, not our fault if we see you as a threat, especially during a potential raiding situation, and treat you like an enemy. As for stripping - I don't really endorse that. Not sure who did it - I know that when I killed you with Zas in Droghan hills, I took like one item (cube) - maybe Zas took another? I actively usually didn't SAY anything about taking items, and used my actions as an example. Knac wasn't too vocal if he can be. As for parity - I'll say it again. Anyone talking to / trying to lecture a commander of battle about parity should be ignored. If I see a lot of #### going about it, I'll take care of it. Or a battle imm sees it, he'll discuss it. But a mage, who for all purposes is an enemy of the Village, who, as a leader, actively indirectly assists in taking the head? Got no leg to stand on. Parity is used for the Villages sake by the Village, not for other PCs to whine about.

>As for the rest, well, it was an IC discussion. "Best
>warriors of Thera", yadda, yadda, always should be looking for
>reasons to enforce parity rather than ways to twist it. I'm
>sure we'll disagree on all this, but I've had plenty of
>villagers myself.

-No, I agree with you. Besides an ooc mechanism, Parity should DEFINITELY be an IC mechanism, and enforced through IC interactions. And, if through an IC interaction, you're ignored for whatever reason, tough it out. I cracked down on a lot of people for breaching parity, as did Homard. Just not as hard as we should've maybe, but it was there.

Anyways, good luck!
93837, Not that it ever got me killed
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But parity has been very poorly observed by many recent berserkers.

During your lifetime, I've had the following as excuses for being ganged by them (and bear in mind that they never actually got me, so I don't really have an axe to grind):

"We were ranking, so you chose to fight all of us."
"So and so was hurt, so it's fine for the other 2 of us to help him."
"We didn't realise you were alone."
"You ganged us (when in fact I never had)."
"We don't have the head."
"You were using barrier."
"One of us isn't a berserker."
"One of us isn't a villager."

Put it this way, I now go into fights with villagers expecting all of them to try to take me down together, whereas I used to go into them expecting them to observe, or indeed, embrace parity (even if that included running sometimes).
93838, My take on this
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Parity has been of crucial importance to all my Villagers, which is why I was shocked to see Homard finish with such an outrageous gank-o-meter, but that's a whole other story.

Let's examine these excuses one at a time.

"We were ranking, so you chose to fight all of us."

If you attack a group of Villagers who are raking, do not expect any mercy for two reasons. First of all, it's not like you were not expecting this. If you started it, don't expect the other two to flee. Secondly, half the time people are ranking they're only half paying attention. It's entirely possible to get killed by a Berserker while their player is taking a leak. This is why I think that berserkers in a group should default to autoassist = off.

"So and so was hurt, so it's fine for the other 2 of us to help him."

Nope. If, outside of a raid/counterraid/retreival someone gets hurt fighting one on one, you let it go. You can bandage them, but not jump in after they've fled. However, if you chase off one Villager and then turn on the next, do not expect mercy.

"We didn't realize you were alone."

People do make mistakes and sometimes that's all it is. If they have good reason to believe you're not alone, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt.

"You ganged us (when in fact I never had.)"

I once had someone accuse my super-duper newbie character of killing him in a place I didn't even know how to get to by myself. People get some crazy ideas. If this happens, press them for details. You'll quickly figure out that either they're lying or they've mistaken you for somone with a similar name. See: Nacklewig/Nacklenor.

"We don't have the head."

If they don't have the head and you're standing in the way, expect no mercy. This includes attacking a group of headless Ragers.

"You were using barrier."

That's deserves a beatdown from the Commander or Drillmaster.

"One of us isn't a Berserker."

If the non-berserker is actually striking you, then it's cause for a beatdown. If it's a defender bandaging the Berseker, that's what they're there for. If you're getting thief-waylayed or snared by a scout, that's fine too.

"One of us isn't a Villager."

That's stupider than the barrier comment.

So, that's my take on these, but it's gonna be pretty moot soon anyway. I inducted a whole crapload of scouts and a few defenders before I con-died, so they'll be in hero range pretty soon, ganging everything that moves. Take it up with Rupen. That's R-U-P-E-N.
93839, RE: My take on this
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll probably post something specific on my Imm Board but my take on Parity isn't "Let me stand at the giant and watch my buddie get his ass beat," or "I'll run past this berserker to beat down this weak Scout."

I saw it happen way too much with Woldrun and in some instances Knacnar.

Parity does it mean you can walk onto a Lion's domain with aggressive intentions (hi ruins) and not expect the pack to rip you to shreds.

Pick your fights. Walking up to the giant and attacking it with several Ragers present, just to get one to fight you, is stupid.

Parity (to me) means if I pick a fight with a Villager in Hamsah, Bramblefield, on Eastern, in Feanwyn - I should expect that no other BattleRager will jump in.

The obvious exceptions have been stated, but Anti-Paladins with power weapons, Powerful Liches, etc are also the exception.

Now this may be different than other Imms perspectives but point being: Parity doesn't give you (the non-rager) the right to be recklessly stupid.
93841, Holy crap this post is right on. ~
Posted by _Magus_ on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
93834, Very well played character
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I'll echo pretty much everything Malakhi said. I had no clue who played this character and felt he was very, very well played all the way around. Damn, you were tough. The PK skills are pretty obvious to everyone and I thought you did a great job at RP'ing to the very end, as well.

Best of luck on whatever you're doing and I hope CF has you back soon. Great job, again.

Nay-nay
93859, RE: Very well played character
I wish I fought more against you. You could sure hold your own!

Go make an awesome religion so I can eventually follow it :)
93836, RE: What a trip!
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
For what is it worth, I tried to play Dartis with a focus on the invoker type spells, as Victoria was played with a focus on the others, including sleep, very often. So generally, I didn't go for sleep that much.

That said, the pour out damage as fast as possible approach was fairly effective. Just not against you where even with abs I could only get you to gushing before I had to bail!

You were probably the hardest character to kill that I encountered. Other than sleep or catching you badly hurt, I couldn't really see much prospect for killing you. I seem to recall I even got you stuck in the hidden room and you sent me running for the healer so often that someone had time to come and let you out.
93858, RE: What a trip!
Haha yea I remember that time when I was stuck in the hidden room for a bit. Thought you might actually get me. I think if you had slept me, it would've happened. Meh. Was always curious how many souls I'd be worth.
93842, Man I would say what a trip
Posted by Raman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I had stopped playing for a while due to a new relationship and stuff then my buddy calls me and says man the CF is dead. I was like what the hell you talking about. He told me about the purge and I was like your joking me? Well some more time went by and I started to play again. And then I see this big bastard named Knacnar Bloodstomp. You where a monster man who struck fear in the hearts of everyone who thought they had to fight you. An awesome awesome character of yours like several of your others. I remember Ghrummin to who was also kick ass. I wont go into to much detail because I am still activly playing my character who interacted with you a great deal. But I can tell ya this, your certainly gonna be missed by Villagers and Therians alike man. Your RP was always top notch with me and you always had a great attitude about everything it seemed. If Thera had more characters like this it would be even better than it already is. Another job well done man, and I will tell you who I played once he is dead and gone, hell it may even surprise you I dont know. Good luck and roll up another real soon man
93857, RE: Man I would say what a trip
Thanks for the kind words. I tried being as badass as possible!
93850, RE: What a trip!
Posted by Iunna on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Iunna - Thought I'd try to hit it off with you like Ghrummin,
>but I realized my mistake. It wasn't going to happen. Wish I
>tried something different with you, but alas, it wasn't meant
>to be.

I'll be honest, I didn't like this character at all; in fact, it was
probably my least favorite effort from you. I interacted with
you on a few fronts (both IMM and mortal), and it seemed you
were far more likely to put effort into RP when you knew there
was an IMM around, which tends to annoy me anyway. But the
FIRE KNAC BURN stuff was all I ever really saw, so maybe I
just didn't watch you enough. I'll be the first to admit I steered
clear after that. Definitely sounds like others saw something
didn't.

Good luck with whatever's next.
93853, RE: What a trip!
No fret. I'll be truthful - I didn't flesh out his RP very much. In fact, I was sometimes scratching what I should do - I got really lazy on fleshing it out, and it pretty much became a stale character (as far as RP). Ghrummin was ALOT better.

Didn't know I put in more RP when an Imm was around. There wasn't much going on in the RP department for this character. Not to mention he wasn't really the emote/say type, but rather the bash bash bash type.

93851, RE: What a trip!
Generally speaking I thought Knacnar was a really tough and well-played Rager. (Although I did have a few head-scratching moments, like ganging some terrible mage Tribunal with another berserker and posting the log to Dio's.) You weren't afraid to pick some really terrible fights and you won more of those terrible fights than most could, and that's always a really fun thing in a player.

As a leader, on the other hand, I really was not impressed -- I felt like ####ty Battle could and did get away with almost anything without being meaningfully cracked on. It often seemed to me (and probably this isn't fair, but it was the feeling that I had) like the more terrible an applicant was or the more ####ty things they were caught doing, the surer that you'd induct them almost immediately. To be fair, you weren't the only leader for a lot of that and that blame doesn't fall solely on you.

Overall I have a positive impression of this character; it's really hard to find someone who can play a really tough Battle character who is also willing to enforce any kind of standards, including (but not limited to) parity where appropriate. Some people just don't want to be the bad guy to the rest of their cabal and that doesn't mean that their characters aren't otherwise a lot of fun.
93855, RE: What a trip!
Yea, I know of at least 5 ragers that I could've EASILY justified kicking out.

But it's a game - instead of that, I put them to impossibly hard challenges and just left it at that (eventually forgot them). Maybe I should've kicked them, but as I said before, putting in 100+ hours of your time and just getting the boot blows, whether you're a douchebag or not.

Oh, and that log you mention. Backstory is that I was fighting 3-4 tribbie/paladins/mages for like a hour real time. And of course, Lamayinn had his 150+ charge whip. With an EASY source of recall via the conjurer with an archon, after a long long long time fighting everyone, the assassin came with me and we decided to do a divide and conquer plan. That is, get rid of the conjurer (kill if possible) then take out the AP.

And, it worked. Unfortunately, some people jumped on the bandwagon of 'oh that's ganking!' I still hold that I made the proper decision, and ultimately killed the AP and got his whip.

If you review that single battle, not withstanding the numerous hour long battles before, I can see where the perception is skewed.

93923, RE: What a trip!

>But it's a game - instead of that, I put them to impossibly
>hard challenges and just left it at that (eventually forgot
>them). Maybe I should've kicked them, but as I said before,
>putting in 100+ hours of your time and just getting the boot
>blows, whether you're a douchebag or not.

The only thing I'd point out there is that you might also consider the fun of people who have to deal with the douchebag. If you throw the douchebag out, at least he did something to deserve it -- the dozen people that have to put up with him doucheing on them didn't.

>If you review that single battle, not withstanding the
>numerous hour long battles before, I can see where the
>perception is skewed.

I think with that context it's very defensible; but consider that you posted the log without that context. If someone else did it, I would think it was an attempt at character assassination, but when you do it, it looks like you're doing something ####ty and bragging about it.

That's not a moment that ruined Knacnar for me and I'm sure not for anyone else. It's just something to think about.
93928, Yap
I understand your point. In retrospect, I should have booted them. But when you're the leader, you typically have a soft spot for your men.

As for the latter - yea, I can see that. In all honesty, this came in after I saw Lamayinn's death on the graveyard, so thought I might share her last death and beating a 150+ charge whip. Not something that happens every day - if it's anyone else, I would think, giving the context, it's more for informative purposes then bragging. Eh, I guess how I view things is different than yours.

Anyways, cheerios!
93929, RE: Yap
I don't think Lamayinn dies in the log I'm thinking of -- and I at least didn't realize it was supposed to be related to that.
93931, RE: Yap
Hm, I thought you were talking about the one where me and the assassin supposedly gangs down a conjurer and makes him flee, and on the second part, kill Lamayinn.

Which one are you talking about?
93860, Awesome char!
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I really wish that our times would have meshed better. I really wanted some revegen after that kill you got on me in the ruins. I was spanking your ass left and right and got lazy... And SMACK, a 10 hit flurry when I was without stoneskin + some ripostes and I was dead. After that I only had 1 chance of fighting you solo (after the pact that is) and at that time I was on my way to the palace to defend from 3 fortress, so only took a quick pause on the way in Balator to spank your ass. ;) Made you run at least.

Breaking up the pact was a sad day for me, I really didn't want to since I'm 100% certain that we would have killed Tiamat otherwise... But, RP is RP etc. I loved that interaction, cool stuff, and I enjoyed the thing you had in your role about the empire. Good stuff.
93811, Well done!
Posted by Erothaylius on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Really liked your character, basically everything everyone else will say. You were such a gutsy player, staying around the same general area instead of just heading straight for the village when you were injured.

Got to say, though, you seemed to get tired of that at the end, and just sat there for me and didn't really do much. You beat me pretty good when I was around rank 44, but hopefully by rank 51 I think I was 3-0 against you, but I think that's really only because you sat there like a duck.

Great job, GLWYN
93856, RE: Well done!
Heh yea, just took my first class today. It was brutal.

You're playing a very good elf pally tribbie. Regardless if I got pissed at you, keep it up!