Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Dhugral the Hand of the Unseen, Imperial Shadow Lord
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=93508
93508, (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Dhugral the Hand of the Unseen, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sat Jul 3 00:10:30 2010

At 11 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Dhugral perished, never to return.
Race:duergar
Class:thief
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:EMPIRE, the Empire
Hours:122
93543, Goodbyes
Posted by Sogs on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This was my first thief post-revamp, and I basically rolled him to test out some ideas and mess around a little bit because I didn't think I'd have a whole lot of time to devote to a character.

In the end, that's what really caused me to delete - I got so wrapped up in the character that I started devoting more time than I actually have. I understand this creates some issues due to some IC dealings that were going on, but that's life, I guess.

As for this character's deadliness, I think if I spent my thief points only *slightly* differently I would have been 10 times as deadly. As it was, I kind of screwed myself over in terms of sealing kills. But I learned a whole lot about the class and ultimately redefined my idea of victory in combat for this character. That is, I decided killing an enemy was great, but being a HUGE pain in the ass was still a win. ;)

Empire: I'll won't go in-depth, but my interactions with everyone - especially Ckath - were great. The current council is a pretty damn decent crop, though my hours usually didn't line up with anyone.

Battle: Illian, thanks for the props and the fun. Our fights were extremely numerous - and enjoyable - toward the end. Hope you end up commander.

Everyone else - post and I'll reply
93545, RE: Goodbyes
Posted by Isildur on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
That's what "first thieves post revamp" do to you: make you want to play a second thief and correct all your bonehead thief point choices.

I'm disappointed I failed to capitalize on the...three?...times I managed to get into the same room w/ you. :)
93516, RE: (RAGE DELETE) [EMPIRE] Dhugral the Hand of the Unseen, Imperial Shadow Lord
Posted by Illian on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I seldom if every post stuff on these forums, but one thing I have to say, you were one ballsy thief :-P You bound me, gagged me, did about everything i'd ever want a girl to do to me, but in the end, if you can survive 4-5 rounds of combat with a binder, regardless of what you put up, 90% of it will drop.

You were a force to reckon with in your own right and I respect the decency for leaving me my weapons when our battles was over, even if I didn't grab them half the time for RP-sake. That one death I took with Ckath, suffice to say, without you, it never would've happened, so props to that.

Good and deadly binder, about as lethal as they come for a duergar Shadow Lord.

93511, I think someone will be real upset seeing this.
Posted by Amberion on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
But, anyways. I only saw god stuff from you when I met/fought/interacted with you. Cool char!

Why the delete? Ganged/fulled? Already bored with the char etc?
93535, Yeah, this does make me upset... nt
Posted by Daning on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
meh