Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [BATTLE] Najii SorrowClaw the Uki Goshi
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=93432
93432, (DELETED) [BATTLE] Najii SorrowClaw the Uki Goshi
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sun Jun 27 19:51:34 2010

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 29th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Najii perished, never to return.
Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:35
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:41
93453, Nothing against this character, but I have a question.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Do assassins have a higher kill count requirment to enter Battle than say warriors?

I know there is this one douchbag who goes around saying he won't apply until he has five kills (Which conveniently happens at 25th thus bypassing a flag that advertises he can't see invis.) but assassins are basically the ultimate mage killers in every respect and at all levels, so I wonder.
93456, It really depends on leadership.
Posted by Lhydia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Pretty much what I've noticed is:

1. Leaders will be completely douchey and require you to know everything about the history of the village including but not limited to everything in lyceum, every name on pillar and character history, and complete understanding in detail of different village events that you would only know if you were playing Village at the time.

OR

2. You must have 5 mage kills, which btw, you can totally lie about with just one.

OR

3. You can have one or more mage kill in general and be relatively cool and easy going and scout for folks, and its usually an easy induct. Generally this is the optimal thing that I've noticed gets me inducted. Find out who's a villager, figure out who they're trying to chase down, and help them make the kill by scouting.

I guess really all I'm saying is there is no kill count requirement as set policy. One is good enough to get Tahren's attention and make you an applicant, so its enough to get inducted if you jump through the right hoops.
93458, I could be missing something Pro but...
Posted by Minyar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
did you just say something about an assassin being worried about detect invis? The guy sounds lame for not getting the tag at 1 mage kill, but at the same point...it could be like the svirf who took a char to a closed room and tried to kill them. Grouped them and everything. Now that...that is horrible.
93459, No, it was a dwarf warrior.
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I rambled a bit there.
93433, Shucks.
After complaining about dumb induct stuff I decided to give it another try with felar assassin guy. The timing was better, but after getting inducted I realized there are actually way too many villagers. Day 3 of logging in after induct was day 3 of there being 8 or more ragers on with no enemies. So that was that.

Berserkers do not make good assassinate assassins, that was strike two.

Oh! To the Eye Guy, thanks, that was fun.
93440, RE: Shucks.
Posted by incognito on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
About berserkers not making good assassinate assassins...

Is that because they can't get the hell out when they fail?

Because to me, they look pretty good. Assassins are not easily killed even without magic and cabal powers, although I take your point (if it is your point) that a berserker probably has the hardest time getting clear after a failure relative to other assassins.
93441, I don't know...Scout just looks really awesome for an assassin.
Posted by TMNS on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Discern to see when fly drops, spell evasion for those pesky faerie fog attempts or area spells (I know my invoker used to throw out a fireball every once in a while just to make sure Beront wasn't stalking me), plus you get resist/spellbane like all other ragers.

And critical hit is awesome when you miss that assassinate on that ABS'd Charine ;)
93446, Not at all, I never have a problem getting out if its time to go.
Rager itself is difficult for the assassinate process just not being able to use potions, healers to heal refresh, magical weapons, and some other stuff.

I think Scout would be a much better option, the biggest reason being you don't step out when you use powers, and possibly when you talk over CB. My big thing was I like to stay at least spellbaned if I'm about to make a try on necromancer or AP guy, not to mention resisted.

I was going to stick around and play with martial trance, since I've never used it really, but the Village has way too many fighters as it is.