Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subjectNghichngom drums for the last time...
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=93084
93084, Nghichngom drums for the last time...
Posted by badboy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bloody hell that's the end of me... It was a fun experience overall... I think this is a really great game overall, and the thing that really hook me was a real kind of competition (PK) that I can be involved in, quite thrilling. I have accomplished what I tried to do with this character, that is to beat the crap out of the village.. and I think I met my expectations and more... though toward the end, I just can't find the thrill fighting the villagers who don't even fight me at the destructor, and run at the first sight of blood... Den I find myself involved in facing villagers in groups, which sometimes lead me to many deaths, anger, and hours of regearing... It left a bad taste in my mouth and led me to deletion... There are many who are good to Nghichngom, for that you have my appreciations, on the other hand, there are many who are just fark up, there ain't no help for them... I probadly won't play again any time soon.. at least until I can forget about the sh*tty of a group of villagers they have right now... Special thanks to the imm that got me the cry of inspirations... it was the bomb.. but it caused me alot of death ever since I received it... Since this is a rage delete.. I don't think I should mention any names but ya take care!
93220, I asked you about your name in game
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
And you told me how it was pronounced. It seems to me that it didn't sound anything like it was spelled.

Could you spell it out?
93229, RE: I asked you about your name in game
Well, my character name is actually in another language, I guess the closest way to pronounce Nghich Ngom is "Gich Gom" since the English language doesn't have the Ng sound... :D
93245, Googled it, and found out who badboy is.
Posted by sleepy on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
http://me.zing.vn/sockbekokhocvianh

Apparently badboy is a bad-peace-wielding-girl!
93242, RE: I asked you about your name in game
Posted by DurNominator on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
>Well, my character name is actually in another language, I
>guess the closest way to pronounce Nghich Ngom is "Gich Gom"
>since the English language doesn't have the Ng sound... :D

English does have an ng sound, as in word king (velar nasal). The use is somewhat restricted and it doesn't start words, though. What language are you talking about?
93158, RE: Nghichngom drums for the last time...
Posted by Daevryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Lots of fun to watch. I don't know how much I loved you as a Nexus leader, but I definitely give you a thumbs-up as a Nexus warrior.

Also, you should know that for lack of any idea of what it should actually sound like, I pronounced your name "Chi-Com", as in, "Them damn Chi-Comms in Beijing are plotting to steal our freedoms!"
93160, I went with "Which-in-gom." n/t
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
n/t
93164, I never tried to get the full name to me he was ngh
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
93167, I just called him sour sport. nt
Posted by Marin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
93180, Mine was "chimichanga" n/t
Posted by Fjarn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Mmmm. Nachos.
93234, RE: Nghichngom drums for the last time...
Har! an imm with a sense of humor!
93092, Bloody Hell!
Posted by lasentia on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I knew this was coming that day I spoke to you right after you died that day, but still sorry to see it since you were a pretty consistent and fun presence for the game. Glad you stuck it out a little while longer at least.

Had nothing but respect for you since it looked like a lot of times you'd be logged on against maybe 4 villagers, or some other overwhelming force that was shifting the balance, and you kept just trucking along.

Look forward to seeing you out there mixing it up again when you decide to come back.

93091, RE: Nghichngom drums for the last time...
Posted by HammerSong on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
This is a little bitter sweet.

On one hand, I felt like you were one of the most proficient threats to the Village. You actually inspired me to hold the Rites competition with your bravado both in and out of the Village. Unfortunately, that bravado got you killed sometimes. Immediately after you got inspiration you ran to the Village a bit overconfident and got beat. What transpired afterwards was a little ugly...

However...

...the flip side of this was that you expected, EVERYTHING back every single time you died. Not having this happen caused you to rage a little bit and even go borderline OOC in some situations. This was even worse given the fact that I saw looting occur from both sides of the table (both battle vs island).

That's a horrible, horrible habit for the playerbase to get used to. Maybe some Ragers are good at giving all of your items back but it should not be the standard or the expectation that your corpse will be fully in-tact. Where's the risk? If you die and get everything back, is there really any risk involved? Can you truely feel rewarded in those situations.

In short, I absolutely loved this character and wanted to reward him for keeping me entertained. If you had a couple of more competant Islanders to back you up, the Village would be in some deep, deep trouble. Great job on this one and come back soon. We want quality players like you. Just change those expectations :)
93235, RE: Nghichngom drums for the last time...
Aye, at times I lose my head due to the lootings, mainly because it takes so long to regear resupply reprep and such, but I think I can do better next time.. It's good to know there's an imm who likes to rumble and tumble as much as me!
93088, Ouch!
Posted by Homard on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Svirf vs. Maces is not pretty. Add to that the fact that you have a seemingly vast knowledge of preps and our fights were pretty one-sided. I'd die or flee at convulsing while you were still at bleeding wounds. Ouch. Despite being vastly outmatched by you, I found you to be a classy enemy.

I'm sorry about that afk kill at the Nexus inners. By the time Knac realized you were linkdead or afk you were dead. I think that this experience set the stage for your deletion and that sucks.

What were your legacies? Other than the +100 DAM vs. Homard one?
93233, RE: Ouch!
Good times, my legacies were Gates of the Forge and Fire of Adversity... both seemed to work in ways I don't understand and don't notice too much... My specs were spear and maces, though I wished I have taken flails and maces.. that would definitely keep me from deletion.. sigh...
93087, Dumbass!
Posted by UncleArzzra on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Now how am I supposed to get into the Nexus? :P
Interesting character and fun to talk with.
Not going to out my character but you were fun to
talk with.
93086, Denting priests was a #### move. nt
Posted by Artificial on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
nt
93093, Have you considered the new sub-classes of shaman now?
Posted by Pro on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Or the benifits Paladin's can get from blessed armor?

Dent has long been the bastard step child of Spec skills. It has some utility now. Granted... It's the equivilent of a mild looting, but look at it this way, at least they don't get good #### if they don't break it outright!
93085, RE: Nghichngom drums for the last time...
Posted by Knac on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Damn dude.

I loved fighting you. I thought you were a classy character. After the talk from Thror between you, me and Blarg, I got the idea to use you as some stuff for the Village to do.

Sucks it came down like this. I'm not sure who full looted you (besides recently), but it's a shame.

Tonight, some stuff happened after the first time you died that caused the incident. Unfortunate that you bombed out afterwards.

Man, I'm depressed now :P

Also, if they won't fight at the big D, take the head. That's what I do against certain cabals.
93236, RE: Nghichngom drums for the last time...
Knacnar is a beast.. I think there should be a law against being such a strong warrior.. but what really impressed me was that you hinted to me about a certain ceremonial mace after the village hord killed me... and I think that's really something! :D