Go back to previous topic
Forum Name The Battlefield
Topic subject(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Farathen the Weaver of the Elements
Topic URLhttps://forums.carrionfields.com/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=4&topic_id=92717
92717, (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Farathen the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Death_Angel on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Wed May 26 16:28:53 2010

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Bull, 22nd of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Farathen perished, never to return.
Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:193
92725, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Farathen the Weaver of the Elements
Posted by Nnaeshuk on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Doh! This is no good; this hurts. I really wanted to see you Maran-ated. I just think times didn't mesh well with that happening and alas, I don't have the power to do that yet. I have a very limited view, but from what I saw, you did very well. Best of luck to you on whatever is next.
92736, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Farathen the Weaver of the Ele...
Posted by Gryshilniar on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Sorry if I get a chuckle out of this, and it's not as your expense. Pretty much the last 10 hours of his life were a sarcastic joke at how bad a failure this was and I openly admit to making no attempt whatsoever at any semblance of roleplay. I was amazed I wasn't uninducted. It's my first true hero mage and what a disaster. Maybe i'll come back with something better some day. I have nothing good to say so I won't say anything at all, thanks for the interactions Nnaeshuk.

The only thing I'll say (I'm going back on my word I know :( ), and I have no intention of involving any active characters but I was pretty disappointed in the reaction I received when I treated nexuns with any hostility. It was the same old 'leave them alone' which killed my desire to play since it seemed to pigeon-hole Fortress RP which I tried to get it out of when I last played a Marshall. I thought there was more to the Maran RP then just re-reciting the Creed. Anyway, Gl in the fields Gents.

92740, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Farathen the Weaver of the Ele...
Posted by laxman on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
I am surprised you got that reaction when it came to being hostile towards nexus. i would wager at this point half the fortress views nexus as being more evil then empire and scion combined at least based on the way they talk to nexuns.
92742, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Farathen the Weaver of the Ele...
Posted by Welverin on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
An interesting point on treating nexuns that way. I struggled with Drogal on several accounts with that. It comes down the limitations of good and evil as they are implemented and adhered to in the game. I think that some people would look at alignement across the actions of the character rather than the choice made at character creation, and to some extent the IMM's are policing this. But look at Lamayinn's PBF, they talk lots about making her Neutral, heck I think she even expected it, but it didn't happen. That's because aligment change is a really really drastic move in terms of Game mechanics. I played one very early on.... If I had known then what I know now, I might have played it out.... But that was because I requested to be changed.... I've played some chars before who tried the there is no middle rule, either your walking in the light or your not.... but they were unsuccessful for other reasons. I think it's part of that reason that you see a whole lot more neutral and evil chars out there. Good is rather restrictive on its RP from that standpoint.

Incoherent rant ended....
92746, RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Farathen the Weaver of the Ele...
Posted by Ageryn on Wed 31-Dec-69 07:00 PM
Bummer. I have something in store you might have appreciated.